“Breezes delivers what it promises”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prince Albert, Canada
“Breezes delivers what it promises”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 15 day stay and we are happy to give this resort a positive review. We felt we received good value for our money. The service was good. Staff consistently greeted us with a smile and a friendly comment. They worked tirelessly to provide the activities and experiences outlined in the resort brochure. They took great pride in being employed by Breezes and were quick to share information about their island. The rooms are fine but we missed not having a balcony. The main reason to stay here is for the beach - it is generally calm and clear with great sand for taking walks on.Great location for having both sun and shade and lots of activities! The food is very, very good. Our favorites were fish and chips on the beach, amazing fresh salads and Martinos Restaurant. We dined there 12 nights and never had problems getting reservations. A very big thank you to the staff and Niecy who always remembered our drink orders! Favorite activities were kayaking ( you'll see star fish, sea turtles and sting rays),dancing to Funky D and the Summer Breezes band in the evenings, singing with Dwight in the Piano Bar, playing Poker with Em-Jay and taking an historical nature walk with Rico. Many thanks to all for a great holiday!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lizabeth O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,615)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have never been to bahammas...I tried to talk to management about things that weren't satisfactory ..mr sands listened well was pleasant but .in the end did nothing .... so it did make me feel unimportant... 2 days they didnt clean my room and I had to call to ask... after they cleaned 1 day they left a dirty cup with a long black hair in it ... gross .. the buffet first night excelllent but from then on average ,, the 2 places with reservation italian food and the other adam and eve restaurant they were great,,but the entertainment very confusing noone was consistant on what was on for the night ask 5 people 5 diff answers ... but clarence on outside grill excellent cook

Room Tip: higher the nuber better rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah R
Ansonia, Connecticut
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been going to Breezes for 4 years now, and each experiences has been an enjoyable one. The staff always has a smile and are ready to assist in any way possible. This year our flight was delayed due to weather, causing us to arrive a day later. There was no problem in having a last minute adjustment made to our reservations. A special recognition to Rosie, who made sure our room was always clean. She went above and beyond in her duties.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are easily assessable to the beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank VAM52
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband & I started going to Breezes 4 years ago & fell in love with it. Every year since then we've been going! It's an excellent place to get away in the winter! The staff is also excellent with many activities to enjoy or just sit by the pool or on the beach & relax. If you're looking for entertainment the staff is great especially Marvin who we miss tremendously! Take our advice & check it out!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank eriegirl105
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

me and my husband just got back last night from a week at breezes. here are some points;

CHECK IN - I did not like the women at the check in. they lied to us a few times about the technicians meeting us in our room to fix our safe (dont count on getting a safe that works). we had to ask twice and then went back down and talked to Audley and he informed us that the techs werent even at the resort! he then moved us to a new room...but the safe still didnt work. The women seem very rehearsed in what they are supposed to say and we didnt get any smiles out of them.

ROOMS - dated but perfect at the same time. the beds were more comfortable than my bed at home. the washrooms are renovated and nice. really...how much time do you spend in your room? it was all we needed! they also need to supply each room with water bottles instead of making you go to the gift shop and buy them.

STAFF - other than the reception, the staff were AMAZING!!! all of the waitresses, maids, everyone were so worried if you were having a good time. the entertainment staff were the best. hats off to TIFF, MARVIN, JOEY. they definitely do everything to get the guests up and into the games they planned.

FOOD - soooo delicious. i loved that you had access to food pretty much at all times. the buffets food changed up a bit every day and the food was very tasty. the beach grill was quick and tasty. i suggest trying the conch fritters!! the a la cartes were the best. definitely go sit in KENOS (waiter) section at Martinos. He treats you amazingly. the food at Garden of Eden was fantastic.

BEACH - i've seen better but once the winds calmed and the workers cleaned it up, it was spotless! i even took some sand home. i just really hated all of the merchants selling stuff and bugging you. they even call you over to ask you to bring them food because they know you dont pay for it.

POOLS - very cold. didnt use them much more than putting my feet in to cool off.

This resort was the best for getting the most sun on the beach. other resorts close by were way too tall and the beach would be all shaded by 2PM or earlier.

All in all, we had an amazing trip and i would LOVE to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Katie W
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Had a another great stay at Breezes. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the food was good. Like the new remodeled buffet dining area. When you arrived the staff greet you, the entertainment staff is very friendly and go out of there way to get you involved. Special thanks to Jen, your #1..

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank James M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was at Breezes last week and my trip was as amazing as the ones before. Starting from the staff at the front desk to the dining room, bar, and entertainment, everyone was really friendly and helpful; they truly make you feel welcomed. The beach is magnificent! The white sand was so soft on my feet; it felt like I was walking on baby power! The water is blue/green and makes you feel calm as you are staring at it. I miss it already! The resort was very clean and really safe (there is 24hr around the beach and at the front); there were plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, the food was tasty and there was plenty of selection to choose from each day, the wait at the bars was never long, they had lots of activities during the day and the nightly entertainment was awesome!!! Every day was different and there were plenty of new things to try out. I had a great time playing table tennis, pool, bumper to bumper, enjoyed Funky D ‘s music, enjoyed the comedy show and the shows performed by the entertainment staff! The best part of the resort is the genuinely friendly staff that go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. Thanks Joey, Rio, Em-Jay, Justin, Marvin and Ria for the wonderful time.

I especially want to say thanks to the patient and encouraging staff that supported my attempted on the flying trapeze! Thanks guys!! My most memorable heart racing experiences on this trip.

I’ve recommended this resort to my friends! First time was wonderful, the ones after has been just as fun and I know I would have a great time going back again!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!! :D

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank A-Ramya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!