My husband and I traveled to Breeze Bahamas Nov 26-30 and our main travel plan to paradise was to scuba. We picked Breezes was due to it being an all-inclusive with good reviews. Since we arrived on a weekday, our check-in was uneventful, went right into our room and had a GREAT view. Room was outdated but the bathroom has been updated. Bed was a little hard but we weren't there to live in our room. Had all the amenities that you needed.
Food was plentiful and great choices. We mainly ate at the buffet but we did eat at the Italian restaurant one night which was also good. Pool bar food was excellent. Try the jerk chicken and conch fritters...yummy! Alcohol was also plentiful but we are vodka drinkers and they only had Bahamian vodka. Whiskey was Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and a ton of rum local and domestic. Only beer I was everyone drinking was the local Bahamian beer. Didn't see any imported can or bottled beer. Water was filter and ok to drink but had a funny taste so we always bought a bottle of water for the room.
Weather was terrible when we went but like my title stated we mainly went to dive. Stuarts Cove was the place to go. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. They picked you up at the resort and drop you off. Equipment was in great condition and reasonable to rent if you needed to. The gift shop was big for those souvenirs and tshirts. They don't communicate in a timely manner on the via email so if you have a questions I recommend calling them. My husband is a heavy breather and they accommodated him with the 100 cu tank. Shark adventure is HIGHLY recommended. Very adventurous and well worth it.
Bar-Mar resort is being built next door so there's construction going on during the day everyday but we were on the pool/oceanview side and never heard the noise. If you are on the garden side, you may experience that noise. This place will be bigger than the Atlantis when completed. Completion to be done by Dec 2014.
Nightly entertainment was nice but during the week we found it to be the same thing night after night. They need to have more entertainment during the day on those rainy days. Very boring if you aren't doing any excursions.
Downtown was fun but only go during the day. The shops close around 5:30 or as soon as all the cruise ships leave. At night senior frogs was the place to go if you wanted to do something different. We had soooo much fun there. Only restaurants are open at night. Buses run 7a-7p and it's a $1.25pp if you take a taxi, it's 15.00 one way.
Would we stay there again, prob not as they're so many places to try but our stay was nice for what we were there to do.
Shopping, if you walk on the beach down to the Sheraton, walk thru and out the front door and across the street are huts where locals are selling there souvenirs. Some huts had nicer things but we are always willing to help the locals instead of the resorts. Also, on the beach, some locals will set up a tent.
Nice stay for what wanted but if you're looking for a higher end hotel, you might want to look elsewhere. I hope they update the inside but it was a little run down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort in The Bahamas is situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. No Hidden Taxes or Fees or surcharges - just one upfront price. Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby included - virtually everything you can eat, drink & do included one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau