“Excellent Excursion” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Excellent Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our group of 17 decided to purchase a Breezes day pass during a recent cruise stop to Nassau, best decision ever. We arrived at the resort around 9:30. After paying and signing a waiver form, we were escorted to breakfast with a hot buffet including waffles, made to order eggs/omelets, and mimosas. After enjoying breakfast, we quickly settled into the beautiful beach and pool area. There were lots of activities available such as volleyball, rock wall climbing, paddle boats, and the highlight for us was the flying trapeze lessons. The food, the drinks, the employees were all great! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hated to leave. I would definitely recommend this as an alternative to the traditional excursions offered in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kftt77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,556)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went with 6 other couples and it was the perfect spot. We knew going in it would not quite be at the "Sandels" level but based on the price difference, that was fine! We read all of the reviews and it seems like there was alot of negativity (older, musty, blah, blah). I think people lose track of the big picture. The people that work there are great, the setting with the pool and beach are fabulous, the food was great and plentiful (and will be better once the main dining area is complete), the organized activities and non organized activities (volleyball, etc.) were perfect. We spent alot of time in the piano bar and rocked the place. So so fun!

Room Tip: Ocean side view is only a couple dollars more a night and well worth the value. Higher the room, th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Ok, the rooms are a little dated but they are clean and comfortable. The staff here is amazing though. They go out of their way to make sure you are having a good time. Lots of friendly smiles and awesome entertainment! This was our second trip and we will go back again and again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lianne F
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband of 53 years and I just returned from Breezes Bahamas after 6 days of an amazing time. We joined our daughter and her husband and 2 of their friends on this trip. We have done a fair amount of traveling but this tops the list for having FUN. The resort was great, the food delicious, drinks abundant and then come the staff. I cannot say enough about them. They really made the trip the best ever. Denise, Angela, Michelle Jennifer, Ria, Funky D, Jerry, and so many more kept us happy and entertained. I am sure I have neglected a few but they know who they are!!! We even had a Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce etc. !! We definitely want to go back!!

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I cannot thank the Breezes Resort staff for making our Thanksgiving week a memorable one! From the moment we arrived in the cab until we sadly said our goodbyes, each and every person on this resort went out of their way to be sure we were having a good time and we were enjoying our stay in the Bahamas! From Denise at check in to Angela and Michelle at the bars, to the most outstanding entertainment staff including Ria (who is simply the BEST), Justin, Darelle and Jennifer to name a few. Funky D rocked the house! We made friends with the staff and with others visiting that week. The friendliness of the staff was infectious and brought out the best in the guests! Food, drink and entertainment was top notch. As travelers ranging from our mid 40's to mid-70's, all six of us plan to return and all of us said it was one of our best vacations ever.... if not the best! We will see you next year!

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and had ocean views. Perfect location!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Laurie T
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this resort many times and will return next year as well. It's a great value as it's "all inclusive" though I do wish there were a wider selection of liquors (Irish whiskey.) My husband and I feel right at home here. The staff are friendly and engaging, from the entertainment staff to bartenders & waiters. This past trip I especially had a great time with Tiffany, Marvelous Marvin and as always, Jerry! I thoroughly enjoy participating in the activities and collecting the tokens that can be redeemed in the gift shop. The pool is clean and always the perfect temp in that Bahamian sun. I'm not much of a beach person so don't really hit the beach. Plus the beach is not completely private so local vendors are there and can be intrusive. The food is adequate but some nights the buffet has many options that we like while other nights is seems there is only one. I really look forward to the return guest reception but was very disappointed this year when it was cancelled due to the conference rooms being occupied. We were given t-shirts as compensation - not the same thing. One thing we have taken notice of is the increased cleanliness over the years. It's a good value for your buck. I've met so many nice people, staff & other guests, some of whom I'm still in contact with.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank MaureenMV
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My friend and I spent a week at the Breezes it was our first time there. My first impression of the resort was really good. I was checked in by a lady named Denise. I expressed to her it was my first time in the Bahamas she was very welcoming and I received a ground floor Beach Front room. We also received drinks upon arrival. The rooms and hotel are very clean. Yes, the hotel is a little outdated but it's CLEAN!
The food at the resort is absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed the food at the buffets. I wouldn't recommend the a la carte. I found the buffet to be a lot better. Or hop the bus which is 1.25 and go down to the fish fry for some authentic food. I would recommend Goldie's...delicious! I would also recommend ordering yourself a drink called the "dirty banana" from the beach bar. Or heading over to the daiquiri Shack located across from the Sheraton hotel. The nightly entertainment was always different and the Michael Jackson show is a defiantly must see. What makes this resort is the great staff. They are all so pleasant very helpful and they made my stay at the Breezes. I will defiantly be back.

Room Tip: Had a beach front room on ground floor. Would recommend beach front room on a higher level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank b_rose_22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!