“Love This Place”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hubby and I just returned from our 3rd visit to Breezes Bahamas, and we had a wonderful time! The staff there are phenomenal - the epitome of +1, +1 customer service!! The food was delicious, and the main chefs were always on-hand to help us with our restricted diets. Funky D and the Summer Breeze Band are still rockin’ it 6 nights a week, and the piano man (Holston) kept us singing and have fun until the wee hours of the morning every night! The two comedians and special musical guests were lots of fun, too! This place is the place to go if you want “no bling, just Bahamian” fun and décor! A special shout out thanks to Polo (he’s da Man!), Carolyn (chef), and Mr. Jestin Sands (Executive Assistant Manager)!!!! Although there are huge hotels/casinos being built down the beach, that did not hamper us in any ways at all. The weather and beach were wonderful; it sure beat what was going on back home!! At Breezes Bahamas, everything is irie!!!!!

Room Tip: We love the 8th floor.
There are newer reviews for Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I actually booked this vacation for my husband birthday , and unfortunately he didn't like it at all he was really dissapointed . To make this short here are the cons - horrible beach with seaweed everywhere , pool was not like any other pool , the rooms were old needs updated, it has a strange smell, the activities were boring nothing to do , but listening to the same music everyday.

The only good thing about this hotel was the staff everyone was polite and the food was pretty good.

I will not come to this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank patricia302
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have recently returned from a stay at Breezes of nearly 2 weeks as we had our destination wedding and honeymoon at this location in Bahamas. It was absolutely fantastic the resort was wonderful and clean. The staff were all exceptional and went above and beyond in assisting us with our stay and our wedding arrangements. My husband and I would like to send out special thanks to Kim and Indira for all their help to make our special day better than we could have ever imagined! Every last detail was taken care of for us and it could not have gone any better!! These ladies have gone above and beyond for us and our guests! This is my 5th time to Bahamas and I will never stay anywhere else but Breezes from now on.

Room Tip: We chose rooms on the West side for ourselves and guests, they were fantastic.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, I want to thank the staff at Breezes, always accommodating, pleasant and helpful. I particularly want to thank the water front staff, especially Major. When we first arrived we were placed in our "ocean view" with a slice of the ocean view and a huge construction, awful. We moved rooms three times. I would suggest you preview your room prior to moving your luggage. We were that last year during the hurricane, and enjoyed ourselves despite mother natures surprise. We returned this year from California with 8 people. The dining room was under construction so we were placed in another dining room, lots of flies! We returned for our experience in the dining, no one told us it was under construction prior to arrival . Awful and not appealing. Then on Friday and Saturday night we were placed on a very DARK lawn to dine (an area they put us into with folding chairs) and we not only could not see our food, we were eaten alive by mosquitos. The Eden restaurant was awful. Could not get water, service poor. Housekeeping the worst ever. We left in the morning, put the sign up to get our room cleaned. My husband went back up at 3 pm and sign still there, so he called housekeeping. Was told maids were on lunch and would get to it by 4 pm. We went to the pool area....at 6:15 we returned to the room, still not cleaned, no towels, etc. We were meeting friends at 7 for dinner. I called the supervisor of housekeeping who informed me that the "do not disturb sign" was placed on our door. No, the clean the room sign was on the door. He then told me he checks all the do not disturb rooms signs personally. SORRY! you just called me and my husband a liar, very poor service recovery!!!! We finally received some towels, and I emptied the trash. The pillows stunk and very poor quality. Hope this review helps other travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I arrived at this resort and waited over 30 minutes to check in I was getting frustrated. We go into our room and like other reviews I was disappointed. I paid for oceanview and what I got was a glimpse of the ocean but mostly construction of a new mega resort. My daughter and I actually thought of leaving. The room did smell musty and the sheets were damp. We had no lock on our safe that we called three times before one came. Keep reading this review....I was quickly won over by the staff and the EXCELLENT food. I have been to every Carribean country and I have always stayed at 5 star. This resort actually was great. If you can get by the dated rooms, the musty smell, it was a awesome place. It is super clean and the staff treats you like a friend, the other guests were nice and I think that has something to do with staying at a 3 star the people are more down to earth than staying with richy type people (my opinion). The pools were cold but it was so hot even I went in and I hate cold water. The beach was not great lots of seaweed on shore but that has nothing to do with the resort. The fitness center was actually quite good and the entertainment during the day (I couldn't stay up at night) was fun.
Some tips:
Bring your own thermal mugs
Get towels from the fitness center
Tip - you don't have to tip alot but 1.00 here and there goes along way
Get a room away from the elevator
Don't pay for oceanview every room except a handful are oceanview
Don't take cabs take a city bus 1.25 to go downtown, one bus and the bus drivers and everyone else was extremely helpful

Room Tip: Do not pay for oceanview every room is oceanview. If you want to have a full view of the ocean you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just got back from The Bahamas Breezes. This was my 15th stay at this resort. The reason I keep going back is the people. You will not find a better staff at any price. The food and room are average, But the fun and friendly staff more than make up for it.

Room Tip: The 10 bus picks you up right in front of the hotel for $1.25 if you want to go into town.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A poor start. The room we were assigned smelt strongly of damp and the bed could've been used to grow mushrooms. We were fairly quickly moved to another room which was a big improvement.
The place, in general, is a liitle tired looking but clean although the corridors weren't cleaned on a regular basis (the same lumps of fluff etc remained from day to day). The 2 a la carte style restaurants were nice, with good service. We only used the buffet restaurant on our first night but weren't impressed. A lot of the food was luke warm. Good breakfast choice, nice fresh omelettes. Drinks and bar staff excellent. Evening entertainment was enthusiastic although fairly poor. Lovely beach, nice pools. Nassau easily accessible by bus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!