“Loved it and will be back :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Loved it and will be back :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't know why these people are complaining we went in june and got married there, I went with my husband daughter and son staff are great the pool man was allways cleaning the pool every morning so the pool was clean I guess you people who wrote it was dirty didn't get up early enough in the mornings! The drinks were good loved the dirty bananna :) all top brands and free flowing! Food was great my son said he will be back for that, one night they did a bbq outside it was great! I didn't see any microwaves? The rooms were fine I see staff cleaning all the time and there is a smell in some places but I think that's due to the humidity and being so close to the sea, our wedding day was great crystal our wedding planner was amazing and made sure it went perfect our photos were great a shout out to jackson who took them and the dvd was good to, staff made sure you were well looked after and rememberd your names and your drinks lol, we went to atlantis after and all thought it was overpriced and over rated we all said we wish we had spent our last few days at breezes we can't wait to come back and see everyone ! And have a superman cocktail lol x

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank lally01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,552)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
League City, Texas, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

First, let me say that my only intent for writing this review is to provide an honest account of our stay so that others might spend their money and time more wisely. We stayed at the Breezes Resort Bahamas from July 11 - 15, 2013. This was our first visit to the Bahamas as well as to a Breezes resort. Upon check-in we were required to pay $100 deposit (refundable at check-out if you have no charges against your room). The check-in process takes place in an open-air lobby; it was hot, with little to no breeze, and the process was extremely slow.

The bartenders at the swim-up pool were extremely nice and provided outstanding service. We had 11 adults in our traveling group. We told the bartenders our names only once and they remembered our names throughout our five-day stay. Very personable.

And now the negatives:

There was pubic hair on our roll of toilet paper when we first got into our room. Our bed was hard and the mattress was of low quality. The bedding was cheap. Our bed didn't even have a fitted sheet. Instead, a regular sheet had been tucked around the mattress, and it was too short to reach completely to the foot of the bed.

We were told that our all-inclusive package included all on-site activities and non-motorized water sports (snorkeling, catamarans, water trampoline, trapeze). Snorkeling is what my husband was looking forward to the most. When he inquired as to where to obtain the snorkeling gear, he was told they no longer provide it since many people didn't return them; instead, he would have to purchase his own set from the gift shop for $25. For an additional $50 someone would give him a boat ride to a snorkeling site. Since this was supposed to be included in our package at no extra cost, we were quite irritated. Also, there were three or four catamarans parked on the beach, but only one was functional, so you had to get on a list and wait. The water trampoline was non-existent. We were also surprised to learn there was no beach bar or beach service for drinks.

On two separate days, we called housekeeping several times for extra towels; in both cases it took them over an hour to bring what we needed. The person at the front desk was rude when we complained about having to call several times to get them to respond. I had trouble sleeping one night and finally decided to go down for coffee around 4:45 a.m. I stopped by the front desk first to ask if the coffee area was even open at that hour. The desk attendant was sitting upright in his chair, sound asleep. After waking him, he assured me that the coffee station was open and the coffee machines should be full and ready. They were not, so I ended up having tea instead. I met a security guard (very nice man) who told me the crew hadn’t come in yet to refill the machines, but that they should be in by 6am.

I asked the security guard why there were so many teenagers running around. He explained that this time of year two local churches gather the local underprivileged kids and take them to the resort for several days to show the kids they can have fun without getting high. While I think that sounds like a nice idea, the place was FULL of teenagers. They were rude and often times blocked the buffet with little thought of moving so that paying guests (like us) could get to the food. Another couple in our group heard the teens one night storming through the hallway around 2am, followed by a big “bang”. When they went out later to see what had happened, the exit sign above the door was hanging by one end. Apparently, one of the teens thought it would be great to jump up, slam his hand against the sign and try to knock it off. The teens also made it difficult to get off of the elevators; as soon as the doors opened, they would charge into the elevator without the decency to let us get off first. Considering that we'd forked out $3,000 for the entire trip from Houston, you can imagine that this was NOT the experience we expected.

The buffet contained a large variety of food but the quality was nothing to write home about. No real seafood to speak of (which one would think would be plentiful on an island) other than a fried conch (which wasn’t prepared properly and was much too rubbery to eat), and some kind of fish that was FULL of bones to the point that my husband couldn't eat that, either. The coffee station contained no stirrers, the coffee and soda machines were filthy, and the size of juice cups was that of what is normally served to children in daycare. Two swallows and you had to keep running back for refills. Eating outside by the pool was nice but you had to constantly guard your food from the seagulls. We saw many people who had barely just turned their backs on their food, only to find their plates attacked by the birds.

The only good thing about the piano bar was that the piano was pretty. The room had an odor and never opened for business.

The outdoor grill served hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries that were decent. We ate one night at the Italian restaurant, Martino's, and two nights at Eden. Martino's food was okay. My meal wasn’t bad but several of our friends said their fish was way overcooked. The food at Eden was MUCH better. The night time entertainment was great fun but every morning the indoor bar area smelled like the New Orleans French Quarter streets on a hot summer morning. The bars had a wide array of liquor drinks but only one brand of beer (Kalik), so forget having a selection if you're a beer drinker.

On July 3, Breezes Resorts & Spas posted on their Facebook page:
"Happy Wednesday! Celebrate by saving up to 50% Off at Breezes Bahamas for travel through December 20! Are you already imagining a tropical umbrella drink in your hand?"
What?! We were at the resort for five days and not a single person in our entire group received a drink with an umbrella! Don't expect to get everything they advertise. This resort actually felt more like a bait and switch experience....

Our group (some seasoned travelers and some first-timers) was not at all impressed with this resort for the good money we paid. Breezes certainly will not get return business from us or through us. Honestly, they couldn't get any of us back if they offered a trip for FREE. With three Breezes closing within a month of each other last year, it seems little wonder why. They don't seem to maintain the facility very well. Tiles are missing out of the floors, their are no vents in the restrooms, and one of the couples in our group was even put into a room where the t.v. didn't work.

It’s my understanding from others in our group who have been to Jamaica, that Jamaica has much better all-inclusive resorts that provide much more pampering for the same amount of money spent at Breezes Bahamas. Next time, we'll spend our money and our time in Jamaica.

3 Thank NOLA-Chick-69

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently stayed at breezes for my daughters wedding on June 22, 2013. Let me start off by saying it was so memorable and perfect. Crystal was her wedding planner and she went above and beyond every last expectation. She was phenomenal. The photographer took some beautiful photos after the ceremony I ended up ordering more then expected! Erica knott, works in the photo department and never have I met someone so bright, caring and helpful when it came to her job. She could not have been more perfect. The staff was great and poolside bartenders were so much fun!!! Overall the staff was great and I can't thank them enough for everything! All of our family now wants everyone to have a destination wedding!"

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is my 2nd trip to Breezes and I enjoyed my overall stay. I would like to say that the Entertainment is the reason I rate 5 stars. The day and evening entertainment is wonderful, the only thing i would change is the rotation of shows and activities they do at night. I remember them doing the same exact shows from last year when I stayed at Breezes.
Now on to the rooms, The rooms were as I expected. I was a basic room the only complaint is that the rooms smell like mildew, I am not sure if that is because of the humidity and being close to the beach or due to a lack of cleaning.
Food is probably the worst part of my trip. At the Buffet, Breakfast is good, Lunch is hit or miss and as for Dinner the only good thing was the pasta bar. As for the restaurants, we ate at Eden and I did not care for my meal at all, Martino's was much better.
I am very disappointed that the Super Inclusive Breezes does not provide transportation to and from Airport anymore. We were charged $40 to and from the airport. I think they should reconsider the shuttle situation again.

5 Thank lexxi_baby
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Terrible experience from arrival to departure. There are no means by which to rate the awfulness and ineptitude of this resort. The hotel was primarily filled with loud (and sometimes nude-in-the-hallway) high school students and other obnoxious guests. The noise levels and foul odors made for an infuriating and uncomfortable stay.
Rooms: The check-in process was slow and disorganized; we had to wait at least 45 minutes. What the resort calls a balcony is not a balcony but rather a small ledge. Rooms are outdated with hard mattresses, smell of mold, and just plain dirty.
Food: Oh my! The buffet was of absolute terrible quality. Fruit/yogurt was not kept chilled, eggs were runny, and most of the food items, while there are many selections, are simply inedible. The restaurants serve merely microwaved food. In fact, one guest in our party burned her hand on the scalding hot just-out-of-the-microwave plate. Service was poor and very slow. The main course took approximately one hour to be served, and our desserts never arrived. Flies throughout the Garden of Eden restaurant made sure to keep the dining experience unpleasant. Restaurants are drab and dungeon-esque.
Drinks: The bars served cheap liquor and only two kinds of beer: regular and light(!). Soda and breakfast juice dispensers were filthy and tasted odd. On a side note, the piano bar had an extremely foul odor throughout. Dark and dingy.
Pool & Beach: Beach area was clean and clear and obviously was the best part of the trip, but the pool area was loud and dirty. I can not imagine how many spilled drinks wind up in the pool, not to mention the constant noise from employees armed with megaphones in an effort to make resort guests participate in lame activities. Seriously, you will not have a moments peace with all of the racket.
Overall, this was a nightmarish experience. I have traveled through many locations both in the US and Caribbean, and this is by far the worst travel experience I have had.
On a side note, after complaining of the noise level on our floor, a front desk employee was kind enough to move our room but it didn't change much with the noise levels or odors. I will never return to Breezes Resort! Very sad vacation.
P.S. --- to Jackson Weech, the General Manager, who will no doubt leave a cut-and-paste damage control response to this review, as he has on other "terrible" reviews, I say, "Get off the internet, grab a mop, and clean up your resort."

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank deckard8000
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Deckard8000,
Thank you for the feedback.The information is most informative and please be assured that
the observations will be shared with the entire team.
We feel it important that a balanced perspective be provided and would wish to highlight the
1.Guests in house during the month of June varied in ages and covered all age spectrums.
2.Breezes does not advertise as providing full balconies and all of our promotional
collateral speak to French balconies.
3.Resort rooms are modern in appearance with newly renovated bathrooms,flat screen televisions,
complimentary wifi and preferred amenities.
4.Cold plates are a standard on our buffet line with all such equipment fully functional.None
of the food provided at the buffet is microwaved but all freshly cooked.
5.We track the order time of both our a-la-carte restaurants and can state that our average time to
a main course is effectively 25 minutes.In both restaurants food is cooked to order.
6.Our Martinos restaurant is festive it's appearance and The Garden of Eden a combination of
of indoor and outdoor dining.
7.Our Bars have available for consumption an extensive variety of liquors including but not limited
to Johnnie Walker Black,Crown Royale ,Bacardi Rums and Hennessy.
8.Our Piano Bar is ground level with extensive garden vistas provided by a northern section
that is glassed.Natural sunlight is prevalent for all day light hours.
Our resort is cleaned on a continual basis and subject to on going inspections.It truly unfortunate
that we have no record of the concerns as highlighted by any visitors to our resort during the noted
travel dates.Additonally we respectfully observe that physical descriptions as outlined are not
consistent with our resort.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
General Manager.
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that we went into this resort with an open mind. I was a little nervous after reading so many negative reviews but hoped the positive ones were more accurate. Our experience was kind of in between so I'll give you my thoughts on our trip, which was taken July 11-15:

-Check in: we received delicious fruit punch and were told where to put our bags. The front desk staff were not overly friendly or welcoming. I had booked a ocean front room and I requested a high-level floor several days prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, only first or second level oceanfront rooms were available so we opted for the first level so we could walk right from our room out to the beach. Check in was pretty painless and we were able to go right to our room well before the official check in time. I wasn't given a great impression from the start - like I said, there was no friendly welcome or attempt to make small talk with us.

-The room: I requested a higher floor because of tips on here - I wanted to avoid the view of the trapeze. Our first floor room was great in that we could walk right out to the beach but our view was looking right at the trapeze. Like many other people, I still cannot believe they would put a trapeze right smack in front of an ocean front building, blocking the view of the beach and ocean for most of the rooms that pay a premium. The trapeze was used in the afternoon by about 1/100th of the guests. We did make the most of it by watching and cheering people on, but I would have preferred a quiet, unobstructed view of the beautiful water. The room itself was okay. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were average. The bathroom was nice with a big glass walk-in shower, but the water there smells very very bad. Our bathroom sometimes smelled like a mix of bleach and body odor. Not a great mix. The best part was being able to walk right out to the beach. The people who cleaned the rooms did a great job and worked hard - especially cleaning up after some of the kids there!

-The beach: the beach was the highlight of the resort. Clear and calm water that's great for snorkeling (people saw sea turtles, starfish, and fish...I only saw fish). Finding a shaded spot to relax was next to impossible due to all of the towels and shirts and shoes on the lounge chairs before 8am (you wouldn't see the people actually in the chairs until 10-11 which was extremely frustrating). We enjoyed the hammocks to the left of our building and we seemed to be the only people using them.

-Activities: We were up early and to bed early so we didn't participate or observe in any of the nighttime activities (though I heard good things). Despite being on the end of the building (closest to the pool), we weren't bothered by noise except by drunken guests (more on that in a minute). We did kayak one day and that was wonderful - I highly recommend it. The jet skis are not run by the hotel and there's a disclaimer in the hotel folder that discourages hotel guests from using them due to inadequate insurance coverage. It looked fun though! The mid-day activities by the pool and beach were a little annoying sometimes but not really that intrusive. People seemed to enjoy them.

-The guests: 99% of the guests were friendly and respected that there were other people on their own vacations. Then there was the 1% - mostly high school spring breakers - who acted like Breezes was their own little resort and they could do as they pleased. Our first night was (thankfully!) the last night for a very very large group who was staying on our floor. We were woken up at 3-4am by them coming home (in the emergency exit door that they had propped open - right outside of our door). We went to breakfast the next morning and they had destroyed two of the Exit signs and our hallway had cigarettes put out in cups. It smelled like a fraternity house and was disgusting. There was another group of teens there who were obnoxious and loud (including an extremely LOUD drunken on-stage performance song and dance) but didn't harm any property. For everyone wishing Breezes would update their furniture - maybe they can't because irresponsible and drunk teens keep destroying property. It's ridiculous. There was also a very very large group of teens who were there for a leadership conference of some sort. I'm not kidding when I say they took up the entire hot tub for hours. No one else could have gotten in there if they wanted to...it was packed with teenagers. These well-behaved teens had no real impact of my overall score...just pointing it out in case anyone expects their trip to be adults-only.

The music: Oh my gosh, the music. It was horrible 95% of the time. It was loud American techno that seemed to be on repeat. It added to the overall feeling that Breezes kind of wants to be the spring break party hotel. Every once in a while they'd play some reggae which was so much more relaxing, but it never lasted long. Too bad.

Food: I wish I had great things to say but really...the food was pretty bad. I don't go to fancy restaurants and honestly didn't have great expectations, but the food was worse than I expected. Breakfast was by far the best choice at the buffet: the omelette station was great and there was a lot of variety. The Belgian waffles were gross (as were the pancakes when I tried them) so I stuck to the omelette, bacon, and fresh fruit. We ate lunch at the pool grill every day except for one where we made the mistake of having the buffet. The pool grill is great but you can get tired of it pretty fast. Loved the greek salad, hot dog, burgers, jerk chicken, and conch fritters. Buffet dinner was better than lunch but still pretty disappointing. The carved roast beef and turkey stations were stand-outs. The chicken parm was surprisingly good but that's about it. We were able to get reservations at Eden for our second night and Martino's for our third night. Eden started off great with delicious little crab cake appetizers so we were anticipating a great entree. Nope. Our 'filet of beef' tasted like burned cafeteria salisbury steak, complete with dark brown gravy. Dessert was fine (key lime pie and chocolate mousse cake). But the 'steak' was probably the worst thing we ate there. Do not order it! Martino's was a little better. Our server (Niecey) was amazing - so sweet and friendly. The food was a little better than Eden but honestly? Olive Garden is still 100x better (and I'm not a big OG fan).

Random thoughts: there is a really strange smell in some parts of the resort (like the piano bar). I don't know if it's mold or the cleaner they use but it's really unpleasant. Our room smelled similar when we first arrived but seemed to go away eventually. I felt bad for anyone staying in the rooms near the elevator - especially on our floor since that's where the buffet was. It got unbelievably loud by the elevators - and both guests and employees were loud. We aren't big drinkers so didn't interact much with the bar employees, but we did talk to Angela for a while and she was great. Marco was a server in the buffet restaurant and was always smiling and ready to help however he could. The guys running the trampoline were so entertaining and friendly, as were the photographers walking around. Security was awesome - they were RIGHT there if anyone tried to sneak in (which we witnessed more than once) and watched the underage drinkers very carefully.

All in all, the highlights of this trip were some of the staff and the beautiful beach. I was really disappointed in the food and overall feel of the resort, which seemed to cater to the spring breakers. Despite the negatives, we still enjoyed the beach and our vacation, but will not be back to Breezes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank dpruitt75
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lets start with positive - the hotel is really close to airport and cab ride was only $25. The front desk people& stuff friendly and helpful. Rooms are descent size and clean, bathrooms also are specious and clean with good water pressure. Food in the buffet was pretty decent as well. Tennis program is great - a wonderful instructor, but very easy to make an appointment and they have some rackets on a site if you need to barrow one. Beach&water are beautiful. It was nice to be able to kayak for free even thought life-vest are old and nasty.

Some of the other things were not so great. The property in general is terribly outdated, and there is a huge construction right next door. Our ocean view room on the 8th floor was more of a construction view. Definitely can hear construction work if the window is open and

Food in the restaurants is below the average, you are much better off eating buffet. They strongly enforce the dress code. A very nicely dressed girl in front of me was not allowed in because she had suit shirts on.

The pools are dirty and indoor bars smell like vomit. People definitely take advantage of free alcohol and I was shocked by the number of drunk teenagers running around.

I got my booking with 50% off and it felt like you get what you pay for... however if I payed the full price I would be really upset. Unless you are planning on getting drunk on well liquor all day long I suggest checking out a different hotel.

6 Thank SoniaK11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!