“Blue Water, White Sand what more do you need?”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Blue Water, White Sand what more do you need?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the resort June 24-28, Not sure what was going on but hotel was flooded with 18 year olds who were just happy to be able to drink alcohol, They were a bit annoying but not enough to bother my vacation. Just like everyone who stated hotel needs an update I agree with them as its a bit tacky, but if you know this in advance you will be ok. I thought best food there was at the Pool Grill as Buffet was just ok in my opinion. I loved the drinks there as stuff was always ready to help with a smile. We tried Martino's, food was ok as it felt like entrees were put in microwave right before serving. Tip for those that like to venture away from hotel: buy your souvenirs in the city as the folks on the beach sell their items way overpriced. Also the city of Nassau shuts down around 6pm, so get out and back early. I look forward to coming back in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Atlien08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,567)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Charltorio went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable, he honestly made up for everyone else, I would come back just for his amazing customer service. The outside staff is so friendly and ensures we make the most of our vacation and time at the resort.

3 Thank Toyyy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Came to breezes based on these reviews and all that was said was true. Staff is amazing, shout out to Charl Torio, MJ, Justin Anfernee etc... Amazing trip, great food and entertainment. Definitely coming back!

1 Thank Chantleel
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor before departing for Breezes we were a little bit worried - upon arrival all the comments were completely forgotten about and our expectations were 100% exceeded by the friendliness and sevice at Breezes -

We arrived at 4pm on Wed 12 June - check in was incredibly easy and smooth and we were welcomed with a lovely cocktail.

We were shown to our room (278). Upon arrival the room key wouldn't work - The Bellboy was so helpful and asked us to go and make ourselves comfortable by the pool bar and he would come and get us as soon as the key was fixed. Approx 10 mins later he came back - tuned out there was a problem with the door so we were moved to 478. All the bags were there waiting for us and we couldn't have been happier with our room. We had a deluxe ocean front and the view was AMAZING :) Only downside was no balcony, but we really couldn't complain.

We were actually very impressed by the room - it was large, clean and very comfortable. We were also surprised by bathroom - lots of towels etc. Only downside was no mini-fridge - it would have been nice to have some water chilled for night time.

We food the selection of food brilliant. The quality was very very good also. There were maybe only 2 days of our 10 day stay whereby we were slightly disappointed by the selection/choice available at the buffet. We also had 2 x nights at The Garden of Eden and 2 x nights at Martinos.
1st time at Eden could not be faulted, but our second night there we were extremely disappointed with service - It took forever for our food to be served and we actually ended up leaving after our main course and got dessert from the buffet! Again, service times at Martinos took a little longer than expected.

We only spent 2 days by the pool as we much preferred the beach (which was absolutely beautiful). We felt so safe with security patrolling, beach was always clean (some stones, but at the end of day you can't really complain about natural stones washing up on beach etc). There were always lots of sunloungers and plenty of shade if needed.

The sea was so warm during our stay (12-22 June). We bought snorkelling gear from the gift shop ($25). We saw turtles, starfish, barracudas and other fish in the area directly in front of the hotel. We couldn't believe the amount of sealife - it was brilliant! We also hired jet skis (we managed to get 3 hours for approx. $300 which although was incredibly expensive definitely worth it). We were able to jetski out to Eddie Murphy island, sandals private island and also further along the coast line - the water was sooo clear and beautiful).

We also did the history tour which was $50 each - we booked at tour guide desk near reception. Although we are happy we did it I think it was a bit overpriced - part of the tour takes you to different forts and paradise island (which was great to see). We felt that tour guides at the forts were very expectant of tips - by time we got to the second fort we heard all the same jokes and the tour guide actually asked my boyfriend for change (which I didn't like).

Overall we had an incredible time at Breezes - I was absolutely devastated to be leaving and would 100% go back.

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean Front (478)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly H
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My sister and I booked a trip to Breezes Nassau now with reading previous reviews ....it may be sounding the same so I will be short and sweet yes it needs a face lift but you know what you go with the flow it was clean the food was good buffet style something different every night Bahamian style dishes we enjoyed the drinks they were good and lying in the sun anywhere you sat was a great view!!!! when we couldn't get a hut we dragged our lounge chair under a perfect tree priceless lol the staff what can I say super super nice people always smiling always greeting repeatedly asking is all is ok do we need anything we were supposed to get double beds got king now remember this was a sister trip I wanted my own bed so went down to the front desk and asked if we can have a change they said pls be patient when one is available we will change your rooms and so they did with a big smile ....the evening entertainment was pleasant something different every night I was hopping to catch a glimpse of the Junkanoo mini parade and so I did they did it Saturday night guys it was so energetic they got you up and dancing non stop it was a blast the beach what can I say priceless the beach grill I over dosed on Conch Fritters .... lol the Jitney into town was fun $1.25 going and another $1.25 back I felt at ease and at home nothing to worry about I felt like a local all in all I will come back :) sorry wasn't that short and sweet after all ...

Room Tip: the 6 floor is good great view of the Ocean!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SorrentinaS
new jerey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I just came back from my son's wedding at Breezes. The staff made everything wonderful. My husband and I had a problem with our room and Ms. Grant had us changed without any issues. The wedding planner Crystal was amazing. She made everything run smoothly. I thought the buffet food was really good.
Martino's made an excellent place for the rehearsal dinner a breeze, making sure all 35 of us were seated together. The bartenders made some great drinks and would make them in any size glass.
I would love to go again, but from New Mexico, the travel is hard.
Thank you Breezes, Ms. Grant and Crystal for making my son's wedding such a wonderful affair.

Room Tip: The first floor room was too noisy and a lot of beach sand. I loved the 5th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank penney97
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went with my two sisters and although it wasn't at the level we are use to, it was the little things that made our stay amazing. We went for a quick 4-day get away. Sun to thurs. not a good idea if looking for night life. You should always include a weekend when booking!!! Downtown felt so safe with cameras on every other light post. Police patrol every hour. Just an $18 taxi ride from the hotel each way for the three of us. ($1.25ea with the #10 bus)
There are only French balconies, that means only room to barely stand, rooms aren't spectacular, but the towels are so plush and soft!!! The lotion and shampoo were fragrant and not harsh. Angela was our maid and she took great care of us.
We mostly ate at the buffet where Stacy, our regular server introduced us to "Goat Pepper". Similar to Harbonara or Scotch Bonnet Peppers. Every meal we order it from the kitchen. Kesha taught us how "Not" to serve ourselves and both her and her friend, forgot her name, made sure we were well entertain with informative conversations. Stacey even went out of her way to make sure we had Papaya for breakfast if it wasn't out. They made us feel like we were chilling with family!!! There was not a vast amount of selection, however what they did have was absolutely delicious!!! (With Goat Pepper, of course)
The best was the Italian restaurant!!! The food was simply AMAZING!!! Try the beef lasagna, you won't regret it!!
The entertainment crew were so fun!!! Justin was our relationship advisor!! So insightful and bang on!! Can take any negative comments and turn it positive!!! Lady Philly, and Tina, man, can they move!! We can just watch them dance all night!!! Edwin and Tyronio on the trapeze and Rock climbing, Thank you for the great instructions and encouragement! We would not have done it otherwise!! Lisa, thank you for your smiles every morning when we got our towels.
If you are looking for a place that's fun and makes u feel at home with good food and friendly service, then book at Breezes. If u are looking to just stay in ur room and order room service, book somewhere else, or just stay home!!!
Thank you Breezes, this was our first 'sister' getaway, and you definitely made it worthwhile!! See you next year!!!

3 Thank Tigerlilly4242
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!