“Excellent all inclusive resort.”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room was nice and clean. Only thing for me was the AC was really cold no matter how high I set the thermostat. I didn't complain about it so I don't really fault the resort. Everything was good and the food was great. I was there for a SCUBA trip to Stuar Cove so I didn't participate in a lot of the activities.

Room Tip: I was there during spring break. I was on the 4th floor and my room was nice and quiet. I would av...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Keith R
There are newer reviews for Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Breezes Resort Bahamas was a quality vacation. The rooms were a bit outdated and grounds on the small side. We thoroughly enjoyed the beaches, entertainment and close proximity to Paradise Island and shopping outlets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I only wish there were more food selections. Overall, good vacation, but I have had better experiences.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank nelsc61
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited a few years ago so it a bit out of date though sure it p similar. Firstly, what amazing staff who work there. The teams work so hard and are beautiful people.

Brilliant food and that is coming from a fussy eater. Always chips if menu iffy is the way I see it. Midnight snacks great and the best cocktails I have ever had at any all inc hotel. The hummingbird if they still do it was my fave and so wish I had the recipe.

Beach entertainment was always busy and at evenings like ay hotel it can get repetitive though they do a good job and we have been to a lot worse than here.

Again the smiles dedication and loveliness of the all the staff made our stay extra special.

Rooms were average though we do not spend much time in the room though felt they could have been a bit more luxe.

Briliant location and the pools were lovely and clean.

Lots of americans when we went and would reocmmend checking the annual holiday for USA if you planning trip from UK as some people we met had a really rough time with noise and frsutrations young americans had caused and we caught tail end of last few days of hols though a lot of complaints had been made so bear it in mind if large groups of younger people may annoy you if you see this as more of an adult destination.

Highly recommend though and brillaint value and Bahamas is beautiful cannot wait to go back sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pnrsmith
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a great time on are trip the hotel was great for the money. The food was really good something for everyone. The people where very freindly and no presure to buy things both in town and at Breezes which was a great change from other places. I felt safe both in town and at Breezes, Lots of good people and fun what more do you need to enjoy yourself........and time to yourself if that is what you enjoy..............M Lusk Canada

Room Tip: Just take your pick what you like we where second floor some March school kids but they where great...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 885Marg1963
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Over the past few years I have been fortunate to vacation at a few different all inclusice resports. I've stayed at two seperate Sandals, a Dreams, and now Breezes. I've come to the conclusion that all incusive vacations are exactly what you make of them. Some people like to lay on the beach and drink the entire time. To them that is 100% what they want. Some people want things to do. Some people like to travel off the resport to experience the area. All these are okay, but what Im trying to say is that the same location can be viewed differently by different people. All the locations I've visited have been great, but I can see how they may have been different for different types of people. Below is my review.

Let me start off by saying my wife and I are around 30 years of age. We like to have a few drinks, but not stay up until 4AM taking shots.

The Good

1. The Service- Was great overall. It started with the check in, bar service, and food staff.

2. The Beach- Out of Punta Cana, Montego Bay, and Nassau, this was the best looking/biggest beach of them all. We loved it.

3. The Rooms- Overall the rooms were clean and serviced us perfectly. It would've been nice to have a fridge to keep water/beer in, but we pushed through.

4. Restaurants- The two reservation only spots were spectacular. We couldnt have asked for anything more between the two.

5. Buffet/Grill- Both these locations we were actually surprised by. Both were pretty good. Of course Im a guy so eating hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch everyday was fine with me.

6. Outside Bar Staff- Since day 1 a few of the bartenders remembered our names, our drink of choice, and where we were from. Mainly Avi. Great lady.

7. Ease of transportation- You could walk outside and hop on the 10 bus for $1.50. It would take you right to downtown Nassau.

8. Energetic Days- For the most part there was a lot going on throughout the day. This is something far different from Sandals. There's more to this resort than laying around listening to the water.

9. People Watching- This was probably our favorite of all.

The Not so Great

1. You cant really eat outside during the day. You'll get attacked by aggressive seagulls. This isnt really a resort problem as it was like this up the road at sandals as well. Just be prepared.

2. Since the drinking age is 18, this location was a spring break location for several high school/college kids. They could be a little annoying throughout the day. They dont seem to care whether or not people want to hear the F Bomb being screamed all throughout the day.

3. Locals on the beach- This was one of my biggest issues. You would be laying on a chair half asleep and they come by hollering about cuban cigars. The last place Im buying anything from is from some guy on the beach. There was also a guy begging for people to get him drinks from the bar. That was really annoying. There was one really nice guy that we loved. Captain Paul. Captain Paul will take you out on a little snorkeling trip. He seems like a good guy. Overall I could do without them. There is also a little hut sitting right there in the middle of the beach with locals trying to sell T-Shirts and such.

4. The Noise at Night- If you are a night owl, this wont bother you. If like us, you like to head to bed around 10-11PM, it will annoy you a great deal. The walls seem to be paper thin and you can hear people talking/partying/music blasting up until after midnight some nights.

5. The Shower- Im not sure who was in charge of the remodel, but they put the hindge of the shower door on the wrong side. You have to physically get inside the shower and close the door before you can turn on the water. Obviously it's going to be really cold when you first get in.

6. Reservation Process- In order to get reservations at one of the two restaurants, you have to call between 9AM-11AM. I called on a Tuesday morning at 10AM to make reservations for the NEXT night and they told me they were all booked up. Im not sure why they would not have enough room for all their guests, but we ended up having to eat at the buffet three of our six nights because there was no reservations available. My advice is to make them as soon as you get there for the whole week.

7. No beach service- There are no beach drink services. If you need a drink, you'll have to go get it each time. Again, not a big issue with us, but some found it to be a problem. Also take a large cup with you. We did this and it made a huge difference. They'll fill it up with whatever you want.

8. AC- The AC was set to 60, but Im pretty sure it was around 75 or so. This is usually the case in island hotels, but you should be aware of it.

Overall

Overall we had a good time. We learned some things that will help us if we decide to go back. This resport is more for having fun than relaxing, and there is nothing wrong with that. We had a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tall tower and the walls are paper thin. Im guessing it's like this everywhere...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Deejay82miller
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I had stayed with breezes for the first time in all the years we visit the Bahamas and we enjoyed it. On arrival we were suppose to have a oceanfront room, however they didn't have a double bed room available and that we would be placed in a different room and receive the difference back in price, Natalie was very nice and did place us in a overview which was still a great view, we did receive a voucher to take to our travel agent for reimbursment . All in all we were treated very nice, staff was very nice and rooms were clean, yes a bit outdated but who spends time in the room all day ! Food was good no complaints. Security was helpful as well and the views were awesome. The only thing wrong I didn't enjoy was the fact we had to come home to the cold. I would recommend breezes !

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank racegirl6487
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I spent 10 nights at Breezes Nassau and had one of the most enjoyable vacation we ever had every one was so freindly the meals were great the entertainment was great could not have asked for much better for the value. My only regret is that golf cource was closed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bertram R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!