Let me preface my review by saying that the actual Breezes Resort and employees had NOTHING to do with the scam artist that destroyed my wedding. Charmaine (General Manager) actually used her own personal vehicle to assist us in my family's time of need.
That being said lets start with the basics: Room was outdated, but fine (My husband and I just require clean- no frills) Our second room was clean- we had to swap the first one because it smelled terribly of mold and I didnt want us to get sick. Bed was comfortable although we came here for our wedding/honey moon so we didnt sleep much. We both LOVED the food, for the price you pay you get an amazing array of food that changes everyday. There is definitely something for everyone. All the complainers should just pay 4X the amount and go to Atlantis if they were expecting 5star food.
The staff was awesome. We had wedding planners who set everything up for us. Our wedding was changed to indoors last minute due to weather and the balcony-type location we ended up having it at was gorgeous, palm trees and ocean in the background- all my pictures were perfection! Because we stayed 6+ nights the wedding was FREE and this included wedding planner, paper work, decor in your wedding colors, music, minister, cake, champs, boutineers, bouquets- and Im telling you everything was gorgeous. We took pics throughout the ceramony and on the beach over looking the blue waters (the sun came out for us especially) Overall beautiful memories.
Until my brother was ARRESTED. I will make this long, long, LONG story- short. SO, my brother and male family members were getting sloshed the night before the wedding (I was getting my beauty sleep). And apparently there was a woman (who had been on their connecting flight in Philly AND on the bus to the actual resort) who followed my brother out of the club and started trying to make out with him in a dark corner of the resort (3am) In the end she and and associate (random male local with dreds NOT an employee but knew all the employees very well) told the authorities that my brother was' aggressive with her'. We found out later that this could land him in jail for 10 years OR a 10,000 fine.
The scam artist- woman tried to provoke my family to bribe and/or threaten her (which could add 15 years to my brothers potential sentence) After 7 days in jail and $1,700 (lawyer fees) later.. my brother was released due to lack of evidence. We discovered later that this wasnt her first time at the rodeo and she had done this before, we suspect she might work with some of the police officers.
During this traumatic experience, Charmaine was a Godsend to my mother and sister (who stayed longer to wait for my brother's release) She personally drove them all around the island, changed their room, and gave them free wi-fi so they could do research on Bahamian law. He was eventually released (and deported) and I am grateful to say is safe at home.
Despite this dark turn of events I am still sticking with my great review for this place, and my husband and I will be enjoying our 1st anniversary there in May (gratis, included in the wedding package). I do not blame the resort for this craziness. I blame the bat-crazy woman who tried to destroy my brother's life for a few thousand dollars. So go! Go to Breezes, just make sure you are aware of your surroundings! The woman was American btw, so do NOT get chatty with your neighbors on the bus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and only Super-Inclusive resort in The Bahamas situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. No Hidden Taxes or Fees or surcharges - Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby also included - virtually everything you can eat, drink & do included one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau