“Disappointed”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Aside from the obvious that soooo many before me have complained about, I went with lowered expectations and was still disappointed!

Let me just emphasize that the service and staff are absolutely what made my vacay memorable!

Here are the pluses:
-close to airport
-gorgeous, spectacular, magnificent beach
-all inclusive (if that's your thing)
-fairly small (no shuttle or train needed to get around
-close to other attractions (Atlantis)

Here are the negatives:
-COLD pool (not heated)
-very amateur entertainment in evenings
-not much in the way of poolside fun
-no organized beach activities
-waaaay too many underage kids that were loud, rude, obnoxious and drunk ALL the time (we expected lots of march/spring break kids but they had no respect for anyone including security and hotel staff not to mention other guests or eachother!!!)
-food choices although good tasting were limited with lots of repeats
-floors were "greasy" feeling and very slippery
- no balconies!!!! I really missed that
-the disco catered only to the underagers

I really like the Bahamas and may even go back but IF I was even to consider this resort, I would NEVER EVER EVER go on March break week again!!!!

That's it that's all

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Zumbastic
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Zumbastic,
Thank you for your feedback further to your visit to Breezes Bahamas.It is unfortunate that
your visit did not meet with expectations and we extend our apologies.Our resort caters
to certain repeat spring break groups over the months of March and April.All of our
travel partners are aware of our spring break element during the noted period.We are
truly sorry that you were not apprised of same and that there presence contributed
negatively.We can assure you that those visitors not of legal age are seperately banded
and are not served alcoholic beverages.All such groups are heavily chaperoned.
We trust that you will visit with us again outside of the periods where we have a younger
business segment.
Again,thank you for sharing your observations.
Regards,

There are newer reviews for Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were more than pleased with our experience at Breezes. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. More than once they went out of their way to be helpful. The resort is in a good location in Nassau and kept up well. It is near the bus stop where you can travel to town easily. Despite having some cloudy/rainy weather, there were activities planned and enjoyable afternoon and evening entertainment. Enjoyed time at the pool and the beach as well. Both of the fine dining restaurants were very good and the buffet had a wide assortment of dishes to try. We would love to go back again as it was a great place for a couple to relax with no worries.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaAuburnFan

Dear AtlantaAuburnFan,
Thank you for your positive feedback after your visit to Breezes Bahamas.We are
happy to note that we met your expectations and that your vacation was enjoyable.
We look to hosting you in the near future.
Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bahamas Breezes resort in January. Breezes is a wonderful resort. I want to thank Natalie of guest relations for making all of our reservations at the restuarants, and making our wedding anniversary very special. My husband and I were suppose to celebrate our anniversary at the resort back in October, but Hurricane Sandy decided to visit breezes and we had to postpone our vacation. Natalie made sure that we celebrated in style. We had champange and anniversary t-shirts in our room. She made sure we were taken care of. The food was great. I liked the Garden of Eden the best. The nightly entertainment was excellent. Funky D was great!!!! The beach was just beautiful. Our rooms were very nice. Yes I did say rooms!! The first day of our stay we were down graded to a ocean view room, which was nice. The next day our ocean front room was available. I would say that was the only disappointing part of our trip. We will be planning a vacation back to the Breezes resort!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank squeeza616

Dear Squeeza616,
Thank you for you review.We are pleased that our team-members contributed so highly to
ensuring that your vacation exceeded expectations.We are committed to ensuring that
all aspects of our guests vacations are enjoyable in nature.
We truly look to having the pleasure of hosting you on a return visit.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off I need to comment on another post I just read regarding the "high school kids". If you read the description in the hotel, along with most other hotels in the Bahamas, you will see they clearly state "18 years of age is considered an adult". The drinking age is also 18. I cannot expect the hotel to turn away 18 year old adults from paying the same as anyone else to stay at their hotel. And honestly they were not that bad.
I do have to say the hotel staff absolutely takes care of the "older people" (my husband and I are in our mid-thirties) when it comes to service in any area of the resort. The staff is amazing. They remember your name and the bar staff at the pool bar remembers what you drink!
I agree the rooms are slightly dated and could use a little sprucing up, but the bathrooms have been updated. We thought the king bed was comfy. I do wish the rooms would come with a refrigerator, would be nice to keep bottled water cool.
I also agree with other guests that said the pool is cold. A pool heater would be great, and seems crazy that they don't have a heater... The ocean was warmer when we were there, but we were not able to swim due to the tide or something..it was pretty rough. Can't beat the massive amount of lounges the resort has, you don't have to get up by 6:00 a.m. to "reserve" them. That was a major plus.
The food was a lot better than the numerous all-inclusive resorts I have stayed at in Mexico. A lot of variety on the buffets and they change it up daily.
All in all this was a great vacation and I don't have any "real" complaints. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin A

Dear Erin A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Breezes Bahamas.Your comments
in particular relative to staff services are appreciated as this is a primary focus for our team.
We do cater to a wide cross section of guests and provide an environment that has something
for everyone.
Again,thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Breezes Resort in the Bahamas, and had a very good experience overall. While the rooms were a little dated - worn our bed covers - and the balcony was too small to sit out on, the complex overall with the pool and pool bar was very good. We stayed as part of an all inclusive package, which included all food and adult beverages. It's the only way to go. There was entertainment every night, and the food was decent. Within walking distance there is a casino for something to do in the evening. During the day, it's a short walk to the local straw market for some souvenir shopping.. Atlantis is only a cab ride away, along with downtown.

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean front. Our room was ocean view, which included a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L

Dear Michael L,
Thank for for your review of our resort.We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our all inclusive
package and found it to be of great value.We can advise that we are presently updating
our room coverings and your observation with same will be addressed.
Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

You cannot expect 5 star quality on 3 star pricing, if those are your expectations you'll be disappointed (probably everywhere you travel)...this hotel meets expectations based on the price is is very reasonable by Bahamian standards. It is clean, never saw a bug or anything of the nature the entire stay, the rooms are outdated (aside from the bathrooms) and the mattresses/pillows are not great quality but everything is decently maintained. The food at the buffet and beach grill are not high quality at all, bland and boring. The food at the french a la carte was not much better than the buffet but the food at the Italian a la carte was quite good, we went twice, and also ate in town a few times. The staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful. If you get a deal, and you keep your expectations in check, this hotel should not dissapoint.

Room Tip: If you're offered an "upgrade" to have an ocean view please note this may mean that yo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shannipantz

Dear Mupppz,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Breezes Bahamas.We are happy to
note that we were able to meet your expectations.We can advise that we have just changed
our senior culinary team and are effecting changes with our food offerings.We are confident that
in very short order our standards would be that much more improved.
Again,thank you for the constructive feedback

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son and I stayed here for an extended wknd in January. Room was clean and modern. View was excellent. I must admit I was worried about the condition of the Hotel when I was booking it. They always have the best prices and sometimes thats not a good thing ! They did not let me down . Front desk staff at checkin was not overly friendly..... but big deal a guy came around with drinks.Nightly entertainment was great. Lobby bar staff worked hard to satisfy everyone.They have pool tables and a basketball court to keep you occupied. Flat screen tv's kept us up to date with NFL playoffs.Always something happenning at pool area. Food was great. Highly recommend checking it out ! Local transportation can take you into town for less than $2. Its fun . Try it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeW221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!