Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Rooms clean and beds comfortable, staff (and locals) very pleasant people. Facility great and staff at resort very encouraging when trying something new eg: waterskiing. Hotel public areas very clean. restaurants excellent, buffet good but food could be hotter particularly at breakfast, but greart variety (and I'm a fusy eater). The band are excellent, I would have them on for much longer in the evening as the caberat acts are mostly not good at all. Our last night Saturday 2nd February 2013 the entertainment was very good. Would recommend Breezes to anyones its wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 197ElliotM
Write a ReviewReviews (7,706)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at Breezes resort for six days with my husband; by the third day I was ready to go home. Based on the reviews I read here I set my expectations a bit lower than usual. Unfortunately, they weren't set low enough.

The hotel is dated, musty, and boring. It claims to be all inclusive, but the food was so bad that my husband and I went out for lunch everyday. Compared to Dominican Republic or Cabo the food here is a joke: pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries, or conch fritters. Those are the choices. One day we spotted some chicken at the pool bar, since we were tired of eating burgers we asked for the chicken instead. We were no because that batch "is for tomorrow". That just made me wonder how old all the food was since the chicken was already cooked.

The service was basic, no one went above and beyond to make us feel like we were welcomed guests.

Save your money and go to a real all-inclusive in Dominican Republic or Cabo where the staff is always smiling, there are healthy food options, and immaculate grounds are the standard.

3  Thank cgl55
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We are currently staying to the Breezes in Bahamas. We are here for 10 days and this is day 3. I have to say that this is a fantastic hotel. The staff are just the most welcoming and friendly people. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the maintance workers have been the nicest people we have ever met on vacation. Our favourite folks have been the pool bar girls Keshia and Avie. They always have the best suggestions for drinks and remember us and greet us with such a genuine and warm manner every visit to their station. Hats off girls!
We are in room 351 and we are right above the pool area and can see directly into the main bar and evening entertainment area from our window. I have not been bothered by noise in anyway at all. it is nice to be able to see what's happening all the time.
The food here is fantastic. The Italian restraunt is my husbands favourite -for a fabulous steak. My favourite taste has been the Conch fritters from the beach grill. Everything that we have eaten here has been tasty, fresh and served with a smile. We did not experience any waiting or any lack of service anywhere in this resort . Top notch!
The resort has lots of fun things going on all day long but if you want to sit and bake in the sun, you can do that too. Something for everyone -all age groups. There always seems to be a party going on somewhere and there is also always a place to sit back and chat undisturbed.
The resort has everything you need -nice beach, lots of pools and chairs, a hot hotub, a gym, great entertainment area in the evening. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need and more. Bed was just fine for us. Room is cleaned and tidied very nicely everyday day.
I just can't say enough about this place and I am truly perplexed at the previous negative reviews. We have traveled extensively at 3-5 star resorts all over the world and lots in the Carabean and this place rates up there with the best.
Thank you to everyone at Breezes for a fantastic vacation. We are enjoying every minute. Your effort to make our trip special does not go unnoticed. Very impressive!

Room Tip: We are in the tower on the 3rd floor right beside the elevator and we have not been bothered by noi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Corrielee65
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback.We are pleased to note that you are in house and enjoying
your visit with us.Please personally contact me if I can be of any assistance during the course of your stay.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This resort is super good. We were there for 7 days. Staff,service,pool,beach,room everything was 2 good. We already planing to go back there for next vacation. If you are looking fun then breezes is for you. we really enjoyed it.

2  Thank jasvir2006d
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We just returned from a week stay at the Breezes Resort in the Bahamas and love every minute of it.

Before leaving I was checking the reviews which were mixed and varied drastically. So here is our review :)

We traveled in a group of four (two couples) our age range is 38 - 45.

When we arrived we were checked in within 15 minutes by very friendly ladies with very helpful information for us to enjoy our stay. My birthday fell on one of the days that we were at the resort. The ladies wished me a happy birthday and had arranged a bottle of champagne delivered to our room for my birthday which was such a nice surprise. It was sitting in ice and had two champagne glasses waiting for us on the day of my birthday.

Our room was large, very clean, the bed was very comfortable (I suffer from back problems so trust me if there was a problem with the bed I would feel it) the bathroom was very modern and clean. There was a flat screen tv and a complimentary safe was located in our room.

Maid service was fantastic we always had ample amounts of towels and toiletries. We would leave a smal tip for her which the first day she had folded the money and put it on the desk in the room! I explained to her the next day that it was for her - how honest is that!! The same thing happened in my brother and his wifes room as well.

The pool bar ladies (we love you all - Michael sends a special hello and trust me they will remember Michael!) These ladies were beyond amazing and friendly. I have to say the four of us felt more like family friends rather than guest before saying our goodbyes to them. They really go out of their way to provide awesome service with the biggest smiles.

The pool/beach snack bar food was soooo good and the service was equally as good. Conch fritters, jerk chicken, fresh fish, etc what more do you need when you are having few drinks that increase your appetite!

The buffet for all meals was loaded with variety every day to suit everyone taste. I especially loved the daily seafoods and the REAL caribbean items added to each mealtime. The food was very flavourful and tasty. The wait staff and kitchen staff were also very friendly.

We ate at both restaurants and enjoyed the food and the service - the steak was great!

A new Janpanese restaurant opened our last night there which is open to the guest and public (cost is not included with your stay). We went in for an drink and appetizer and really enjoyed the it. A great addition and upgrade to the resort.

The bars were will stocked with premium brands and plenty of smiling staff to serve us. Reggie was awesome in the entertainment area bar.

The nightly shows were good - they work very hard to keep you entertained. Funky D was awesome.

The beach is beautiful and clean. The pool and hottub could use updating and heating and a little extra care giving while cleaning it daily and nightly. Hopefully this will come with the new renovations that seem to be occuring. We never had a probleming finding a pool/beach lounger chair.

We did some shopping in the town, went to the fish fry twice :) and travelled by the local bus and walked back to the resort one day from the fish fry and we felt very very safe each time. The Bahamian people are very friendly and show there appreciation to their visitors.

The resort is a little dated but being worked on to bring it up to "modern" standards. However, we have travelled to many Caribbean countries and always stayed at a 4 or 5 star resort but it is not just the resort and it number of stars that make your vacation its the resort, the people, the food and environment. Breezes Bahamas has so much to offer with its wonderful staff and owners - yes I did say owners. One of the few resorts were we actually got to meet the owners and have a REAL conversation with them. Actually I had no idea they were the owners until after our conversation had nearly finished and my husband informed me who they were. I actually thought they were guest as well!

Oveall we had a great time a Breezes and would not hesitate to recommend the resort to other and we look forward to the day we can return to see our newly made friends.

Thank you Breezes and the Bahamian people for an awesome vacation :)

11  Thank SALOME R
Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are one of those people who has to have a 5 star experience with modern décor and over sized everything then this isn’t the place for you, if however you want to have the most FUN you could possibly have in the Bahamas then Breezes is it. Working for an airline I have travelled a lot for both pleasure and business and here is my honest breakdown of what you will find at Breezes.

Staff:
As has been mentioned numerous times here the staff at Breezes are second to none. When dining at the buffet they are quick, polite and very helpful. When dining at one of the restaurants, the service is that of a 5 star establishment. However it is the entertainment staff that really make this place what it is, from day 1 they remember your name and information about you, they make you feel involved without being pushy and they are the most fun people you could possibly want to spend time with. Not only do they take care of the daily games and fun, they also perform in the nightly entertainment and wow are they a talented bunch, this also helps people get involved as you feel more comfortable around them. Leaving Breezes was like leaving friends behind, Em-Jay, Justin, Marvin, Tiff, Philly, Navado and Jared all made my stay one I will cherish for a long time but when it comes to making the stay extra special then look no further than JOEY, she will make you feel at home, make you smile, laugh, join the fun and after a few days with her you will wish every place you visit had a Joey working there.

Rooms:
The rooms are nice, large comfortable beds, spacious walk in showers, and well cleaned. People have complained about the lack of balconies but you can open up the door window and step out onto a small balcony which is more than enough to enjoy the view.

Food:
This is an area I was very impressed with, I knew I was going into a 3 star hotel but once I sampled the food I was surprised by the quality and quantity. The buffet is good, 3 star is a fair rating for quality but there is so much to eat and so much choice. The restaurants on the other hand are excellent, as already mentioned the service is 5 star and the food is not much behind. Finally there is an all day beach grill which serves excellent food without the need to move away from the beach or pools.

Activities:
Another area that surprised me, there was plenty to do and nothing cost you a penny, even Waterskiing. All the activities also included coaching sessions so you could try your hand at anything with someone there to teach you, from the Tennis to the Trapeze, Windsurfing to the Sailing, excellent choice of things to do.

Other:
Security was excellent, there was people at the entrance and people patrolling the beach, could not have felt safer. If you have an evening flight, leave your luggage locked away and then at the end of the day jump into one of their private shower rooms (with all amenities) to get refreshed and changed before your journey.

Areas that could do with improvement:
The check-in is slow, there is a long desks but rarely enough staff on it, this could be improved. The Table Tennis needs new rubber bats and the pool tables need some TLC. Finally there are some ocean view rooms that are now quite hidden by trees, the hotel should perhaps consider re-branding these.

In conclusion, I can see why they have a 40% return rate, I will certainly be going back. Do not listen to people who say it is dated, yes the décor is not ultra modern but the hotel itself is in good shape and nothing is falling apart like some reviews seem to suggest. You can spend thousands of pounds/dollars and you will not find a place you enjoy more, I cannot emphasise enough how wonderful the staff are.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank JCinNewcastle
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They do not pay attention to service. The little things - you have many employees why not have them serve the customers around the pool and on the beach? If you are on the beach there is no bar - the pool bar is all there is or the one on the second floor of the resort. Some employees are there for a paycheck and others make you feel welcome! The beach was filthy - they do not rake up the seaweed so it dries up and blows around the resort into the pools and hot tub. We went snorkeling off shore- yup broken glass, pop cans, garbage is what you saw!! Please do not rate the Bahamas as this - we visited 2 other resorts - their beaches were pristine. Sorry can't reccomend this resort to you! Upon leaving they said when we will we see you again - we said never - they gave us a comment card. Would not return!

Room Tip: Music is loud all night for the ocean view or the garden view you had the construction 24 hours a da...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MNTraveler838
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent visit to SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.We are
sorry to note that you were not pleased with the amenities offered at our resort.Our establishment
receives continual favorable reviews attendant to our services and those of the staff in particular.
It is unfortunate that whilst you visited, our island was impacted by a cold front that produced
excessive amounts of seaweed on our beaches.Our efforts at containing the amount of seaweed
was continually hampered by the rough seas.Our stretch of beach is rated as the best on Cable
Beach and is continually cleaned and monitored.
Again,thank you for sharing.
Jackson Weech

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
3 mi away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!