“The hotel was fantastic !! The people who work there care about you !! They are all nice , friendly and vey polite !!”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to breeze for 7 days ,, I will tell you if you are looking for a family place ,where people care about you!!!!! then I would go back to breeze hotel super club in Bahamas Nassau any time !! Staring from the security around the hotel ,, they always welcome you and say hello too you when ever they see you. They will help you get a cab and also tell you what you should pay for a taxi ride around the city!! That's helped me out , so when I walked in the cab I knew what to pay the cab driver. The staff are all friendly , when they see where ever!! You are !! Hello how are you ! Welcome , great to see you ! So nice. Entertainment is great !! Funky .d Band where great !!! Any time of music they played it!! On New Year's Eve party it was unbelievable!! Action he was a guy who has talent he was the limbo king! He put on a great show!! Also the hotel breezes got a special Band to come on New Year's Eve ! Junknoo ! They were unbelievable ! All dressed up and played for the guests at the hotel , everyone was dancing all night long. Rooms are very nice , clean and the workers who clean the room are very help full and friendly .. The pool area is very clean mr rasta .aka bob Marley cleans the pool everyday! Keeps it clean and talks to you to make sure everything is great !! The pool games mr don majors , great guy makes sure games are going on for hotel guests! Don makes sure your stay there is a great one. All the staff there are there for one reason only , you the people who stay there. I would go back to breezes super club in a heart beat !!!

Room Tip: Rooms are rooms you will never going to be in them for so long, any view is a good view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Nick A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,581)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Fremont, California, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This isn't 5 stars... it's 10.

This place is the best choice for even the first time travellers! My fiance and I went to stay here from December 30 - January 5. We had a fantastic time overall and the staff there were more than amazing!! Every one of them took the time to talk with us, answer our questions and made sure we had everything we needed. They also have a booth there ready out front to help you get set up with all the activities you want and you can pay there without doing it individually at another place. What I love about this hotel is that they only have 8 stories so it's not too crowded like Atlantis and you get your space everywhere you go without having to bump into people or go through crowds. They have free shows, ping pong tables, fitness room, pool tables, different board and card games ready, a basketball court, tennis court, an entrance to their very own private beach and so many more. I LOVE THEIR BEACH. Just a few steps into the water, you will suddenly see so many silver fishes at your feet and we get to snorkel at no cost there! There are always plenty of laying areas to get some tan and they also have two large pools with two different booths: one serves burgers, hot dogs and jerk chicken then the other serves all kinds of drinks (sodas, etc.) plus liquor. I highly recommend you to get the SUPER ALL INCLUSIVE package because it will put your mind at ease everywhere you go.

TRY THEIR PEACHTINIS!!

We spent $2,400 for a week's stay (for 2 people) and every cent was well worth it. They have two restaurants built in the hotel: the Garden of Eden and Martino's, that will already be included in the package so no need to pay at the end or give tips (said the front desk) even though we still give at least $5 every time. They also have an unlimited buffet downstairs that serves breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, late lunch, dinner, late dinner and midnight snacks until 2am every day and 5am on Fridays! You will be amazed at how many food options you have because we always leave feeling more than full every time. They will have chefs ready to cook your food fresh and you can see how they handle your food unlike other buffets which is the very nice part of eating there because we're not usually buffet fans.

Cons:
All their desserts could be a little better but you still have at least over 5-10 choices to choose from.
The room and bed looks/feels very outdated but they make up well for it so you still won't leave with any complaints.
As a couple with no kids, we felt our money was wasted at Alantis ($125 per person) because they only had 2-3 water slides and the majority of it were pools and an access to 3 beaches. Too many people were around and it didn't make us want to relax there. Even though it's still worth viewing and looking around, we would still take our money elsewhere and spend it on swimming with the sea lions and the dolphins instead.

Oh the very nice thing about the Breezes hotel location is that the bus stop #10 is just right around the corner and you can go to downtown Nassau for only $1.25 per person, one way! If you want to get to Paradise Island (Atlantis) from downtown, all you have to do is take the ferry, which only costs $4 one way. Just beware... the boat captain will speak EXTREMELY loud while giving a tour because of the loud motor, probably, and I felt bad for everyone when they had to close their ears :( but he is very nice and I would give him at least a $2 tip if I were you. I say this because even though we're profoundly deaf, we can feel him "yelling" from our backpacks so just be prepared for this somewhat unpleasant experience. Otherwise, it really is very easy to get around and I would recommend you to at least take $20 cash and some quarters with you to get you around and back.

...AND DON'T FORGET TO GET SOME TORTUGA RUM CAKES, BAHAMA STYLE!! They come in many different flavors and my favorite was the coconut and the chocolate besides the original. We weren't fond of the other brands so I wouldn't recommend you to get them at ANY tourist shops. Trust me on this. Just go to a Tortuga store in town or if you happen to run out of time, there's one at the airport. I got the 6 cakes in one package (all different flavors) for $30, which was nice because that way I get to bring Bahamas to my family and friends in California and Texas :)

ENJOY!!

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, get a room on any of the first few floors (we stayed on 3rd) and not nea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tiffany B
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just returned from Breezes, we went for a quick 3 night get away with another couple. To summarize what many of the other reviewers this resort said: It is clean, but dated, the service is good, the buffet is good and the beach is beautiful.

Yes, the rooms are sparse, the furniture old and the bed on the hard side. The bathroom had been renovated in the last few years. I was pleased with the towels, which were closer to being new than I had expected both room towels and pool towels. We were on the fifth floor on the west side with a pool view. Yes it was loud ish, but not ridiculous and it quieted down once the band was done. If it’s really an issue, bring ear plugs (I always travel with them).

Others are correct, the pool is not heated. Yes I was disappointed by this, but I was expecting it. The hot tub is quite nice however. The pool bar, although busy is very efficient. The grill by the pool also very good. This area is also very clean. The staff work hard, always picking up garbage and aligning the chairs. The first day we arrived there were no towels left and they were not expecting more from the laundry. I’m not sure why, as this didn’t seem to be an issue again.

The buffet was fine to good. I would suggest there should be something there for almost everyone. The food always seemed to be fresh, if a bit cool at times. I was disappointed with the wait staff in the dining room. They were slow to remove plates, so we would put used plates on another table or stack them on the corner of ours (which was inconvenient as there were four of us and not a lot of space).

The drinks were generous (I’m currently on a rum break). We only tried the Eden a la carte restaurant. The food was good, although do not expect the service of fine dining. Again, it was good. No more no less.

The entertainment was good, we enjoyed the piano bar. I’m not really a joiner, but for those who are, there was always something going on.

We brought snorkeling equipment. It is worth heading out in the swimming area…there were some fish, but there was also a sea turtle! He was grazing the sea grass a toward the east side of the resort. If you see him say hi for me 

For the price I paid, I would return to this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Tobandit
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Overall SuperClubs Breezes was fantastic. There was a great variety of food which is served all day and is delicious. There is also great choice of drinks and would without doubt say Rochelle, Ahmaad and Alex are some of the best bartenders there!

The entertainment and staff have to be the best part of the resort. Always keeping you entertained with a variety of games and sports to keep everyone happy. Would like to especially say the best were the entertainment staff: Philly, Tiffany, Em Jay, Jared, Mavado and Rico. Thanks to you guys I had the most amazing time!

First time there and will definitely be returning. Not only to a great resort but also a beautiful island.

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank bellanu
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is our second time to Breezes. We returned for many reasons, which include the beautiful beach, the endless food and drinks, not to mention the entertainment staff. The entertainment is by far one of the highlights of this resort. They made sure we had a fun time and helped us make many memories along the way. Justin and Em-Jay, both members of the entertainment team, made our vacation a wonderful time. We already plan to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank NitaFay
Webster ND
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stay December 27-Jan 1, 2013.
We loved the food, entertainment,pool bar and food, beach, employees
Stay there if you can. We loved sight seeing Nasau, Go to the Pirates Museum, shops, Senor Frogs, The Hard Rock, Alantis for a few hours, snorkeling, Queens Staircase, Fincastle, and watertower. When you go to Queens Staircase, Check out the a bar/ food place on top. Bahama Rock. Loved it. Eat conch fritters too. Yummy.

\

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank outdoorgal_9
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are not people who complain, but there are some issues you should be aware of when booking.

Good:
Funky D and The Summer Breezes band-He works hard entertaing and engaging the audience. He is the best entertainer we have seen so far.
The entertainment staff, in particular Lavado, works hard to engage and entertain.
Garden of Eden Resturant-Nice food, hot, tastefull, a fusion menu.
Most of the staff are pleasant and nice.

The average:
Pool is worn, needs work. The Bar in relation to the beach. The buffet, most food is warm to cold unless its an item made in front of you (pasta station).

The Bad:
Beach not swept at all for seaweed. Ocean is small pebbles and broken shells and is rough on the feet.
The resort is dated and musty smelling in some locations (Piano Bar), also some rooms are not cleaned in corners.
The smoking and nonsmoking sections are mixed. For example the forth floor has non smoking rooms right in the middle of the floor and is surrounded by smoking rooms.

The Ugly:
3 people had items stolen from their rooms. Staff was helpfull but it appears to be someone with access to keycards. We found a lady (in a breezes suit) in our room 30 minutes after we went to the beach. We returned to our romm to get something and she was in it. She said she was doing a "room check". We thought nothing of it but upon hearing other people had stuff stolen on the flight back it appears to be a bizzare coicedence. Every door is on a keyscan system, so its tracable. It would be realtively easy to find the rogue staff member who is stealing...however if its the person who has access to the key scan system then it may be more difficult.

Cheeseburger Paradise and his clan:
A group took over the resort, they appear to be all related. They were the most obnoxious people we have ever seen. To give two (there are many) examples of this....First, Funky D finished his midnight set and Cheesburger Paradise gave him 20 bucks and some words....Funky D did not want to seem rude and accepted it. Then Cheesburger paradise through a bunch of dollar bills at the band members on the stage and walked away. The band members looked insulted and one of them walked on the money as he left. Next time go up to them and shake there hands and tell them how much you appreciated their music. There are not dogs! Second....I really appreciated the swimming dancing that almost knoked people out...but the ugliest part was when Cheesburger Paradise grabed his wife and made her flash his teenage daughter and rubed her head in his wifes chest and then attempted to make out with his daughter. I think everyone in the resort was shoked at the family!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Mike W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!