“Best place ever!!!”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was amazing! was there from 10-18/10-22 the minute we got there we had refreshments. The entire staff were friendly knew us by name. It didnt feel like staff because they interacted with all the guest. Every guest we spoke to said the same thing. Michelle the bar tender made dinner reservations for us at both restaurants even though it says 24hr in advance, she gave me a bottle of champane for my birthday. Rooms were a bit outdated but had room service with No problems.You can eat/drink all day. Weve been to 5 star hotels and this top them... We visited the Atlantis hotel and ran back out the prices were outrages $10 drinks and $120 all day pass. I will def. go back and recomend it.

Room Tip: how long are you going to be in your room anyway?
1  Thank nadia m

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have recently spent 5 nights at Breezes. Our overall review of the resort was 2 thumbs up. The rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean both in the rooms and in the lobby area. Housekeeping was very thorough leaving plenty of linens and shower supplies. The pools were great and the water was a decent temperature. The pool bar was great but the staff there could have smiled a little more. The outdoor pool grill is probably the only place I would recommend not eating at although tons of people did. The buffet was outstanding and the food there was wonderful with a wide variety to choose from. Now, my favorite place on the resort was the bar in the lobby area. Rochelle, the bartender, was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. She took the time to get to know us and all the other guest as well. She served us with a smile and pleasant conversation every time. Philly, in the entertainment department was also a very pleasant and friendly person. My husband and I really enjoyed our time with both of them. Transportation from the resort to any location was plentiful. We never had to wait for a bus or a taxi. NOW...for the spa. We had massages done by Linda and Shelly. What a wonderful experience. With me being sick with bronchitis, Shelly took her time and performed procedures that helped to break up all the tightness in my lungs and soon after I was 100% better. They went above and beyond what a massage therapist normally does. Thank you both for helping in healing me. So if you are one to read reviews PLEASE don't listen to the bad reviews, judge for yourself. I was extremely satisfied with our stay here and I would not only go back myself but I would recommend this resort to any of my friends and family. Thank you Breezes for such a wonderful experience.

4  Thank TonyaDoug
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I feel the necessity to write a review to warn anyone thinking of taking a holiday to this hotel to think very carefully before booking. Some people like this kind of culture and customer service, but it wasn't for me. I wanted to express my sincere disappointment at being sold a holiday to the Bahamas (Breezes West Bray Street) which was situated next to an ongoing building project where they work on construction 24-7.

This hotel was recommended over the Atlantis, because of the price to stay on Paradise Island. The Island is very expensive, but in hind sight it would have given us the peace of mind to relax and enjoy our holiday.

Firstly I was shocked at the dilapidated state of the hotel. A door fell off the hinges and hurt my mother – luckily not seriously. In the piano bar there was a consistant bad smell of mould and damp.

Not sure where to begin with this review so I will start at check in – appalling customer services as it took me 2 days to speak to someone in authority. They kept telling me to come back as the manager was with a guest – not sure who they thought I was but I was actually a guest too.

I stated I required a twin room at the time of booking, instead I got a king size bed to share. I was given the keys to someones room on arrival (705 + occupied) Was this your room, as your lap top, your binoculars and your toilet bag was all on show!! I went back to reception to query their security and they told me it was a computer blip. How was I supposed to feel secure in the knowledge that my room would not be entered by someone else with another computer blip? They should never have issued me with keys to someones room. The staff didn't seem phased by this breach so gave me another key until they could find me a new room on the day after I arrived. We stayed in the room from 17:30pm on the day we arrived until 8am the next morning. We then handed the keys back into reception when we were told to come back to reception at 9am and get the new room allocated. We did this and then we were told to come back at 13:00hrs – we returned to be told to come back at 15:30pm. I again asked to speak to the manager but I was told that there was no-one on duty! Finally got the keys to our room - 24hrs after we arrived – not good. Oh and not twin beds – another king size bed!

When we arrived in the room I opened the curtains, and yes we had a partial view of the beach which contained an industrial dredger which was causing the clear water to be all cloudy due to the movement from the construction of a new man made beach. This work was relentless 24-7. I could see how much progress they made in just one week. To be honest I didn't save for 2 years to overlook this mess as I work in construction, so no holiday get away.

I once again went to reception this time I requested I speakto someone in charge. They told me there was no-one on duty except the head of security who happened to be a very nice lady called Carla. They had no office to take me into as they had no keys!! So I went into the operations room and sat down and calmly explained my disappointment. I explained that I would be taking the issue up with my airline after all they sold me this dream. She was very apologetic and said that she would ensure that she left voice message and send champagne to the room to compensate. I wasn't after compensation, but I was tired and by this time really upset. I did tell her that I was not prepared to room hop any more and that they could find 2 double beds for the room – this never happened. How can a hotel this size not have 2 double beds for a pre-booking?

The champagne was organised and a plate of fruit, but it never reached my room, it was sent to the wrong room. I did get a letter (of which I have a copy) from Breezes offering half hour messages as compensation – which I declined as I once again re-iterated my issue is with my airline having this hotel on it's books and it was the airline who recommended this hotel as luxury. Certainly not the standard of any other Breezes I have ever visited.

To be honest the hotel was full of foul mouthed guests who liked to use the "F" word at any opportunity. The poor restaurant staff had to put up with this. In Britain we call this "Chavey behaviour"

On a good note the food was 1st class, the waiting staff exceptional and I wouldn't be surprised if they all moved next door when the new contruction is finished, as deserved to be treated better.
The local people you meet on the beach were terrific too, as they were really knowlegable and helpful.

Room Tip: research before you book. This was my experience
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pavije
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Average resort - fair value if paying low price (don't pay over $800 total from Canada if you can - certainly not worth $1000). We'd give this resort a 3 - 3 1/2 stars. Comparable to an average Cuban resort (Cuba has better beaches - wished they would comb beaches of seaweed in morning). Short beach. Food was ok - buffet was plentiful and restaurants were good. Drinks were good - premium liquor. A lot of beach chairs were broken. Most staff are friendly. Room was clean - didn't spend much time in room - service to room was good. Bus to downtown in front of hotel - downtown about 10 minutes away. Would recommend for a quick break from winter cold.

1  Thank Deb G
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were married here recently and it was Perfect!!! Friendliest staff ever!! I can't say enough .. Highly recommend!!! we were treated like loyalty!! My wedding was picture perfect!! We will definitely be back for our one year Anniversay!!
So much to do and the drinks were awesome!!!

1  Thank Gerry Q
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel was great. Staff was friendly. Marvin was wonderful. Rooms were very clean. Entrance to the Bahamas (customs) could be much faster as we had to wait over an hour to enter the country. Not very well organized. Once at the resort, no stress !

2  Thank Glenn Allen H
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed with a group of 12. Plenty to do for all, food was good, drinks were plentiful. After reading some terrible reviews before going to this place, it exceeded all of my expectations. The rooms were good size and clean, bathrooms were fine, and we did not incounter one unfriendly staff member. I feel sometimes people expect a little to much for the price they pay and set themselves up for disappointment. I would reccommend this place to anyone knowing that it is not 5-star but is a great little resort for the money.

Room Tip: Cold filtered water is available in the gym
3  Thank Pirates105
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!