Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
$330
$299
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$259
$215
  • Beachfront
$145
$199
$266
$180
8,084 results
All reviewsgarden of edenfunky dentertainment staffpool grillrock climbingsummer breezevisited breezesthe main dining roompiano barboard gamesjerk chickenbooze cruiseping pongconch frittersnightly entertainmenta la carte restaurantshave a good time
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed with a group of 12. Plenty to do for all, food was good, drinks were plentiful. After reading some terrible reviews before going to this place, it exceeded all of my expectations. The rooms were good size and clean, bathrooms were fine, and we did not incounter one unfriendly staff member. I feel sometimes people expect a little to much for the price they pay and set themselves up for disappointment. I would reccommend this place to anyone knowing that it is not 5-star but is a great little resort for the money.

Room Tip: Cold filtered water is available in the gym
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pirates105
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our group trip (six couples) was planned before I read the reviews here on tripadvisor.com and after reading some of the comments, I was approaching our stay with some trepidation. However, our visit could not have been better! The transfer from the hotel was without wait, check-in was accomplished without a hitch and the staff did everything possible to get all our rooms on the same floor, the resort was clean and our room spotless. The food was so much better than expected, the drinks plentiful and tasty, the entertainment above average and the staff were OUTSTANDING! We never met a single individual who wasn't smiling, willing and trying to make us happy. Our room attendant, Rosalee was a sweetheart; Marvin was quite a character, Macintosh drove us back and forth to Atlantis one night and was a great guide. Our group of six couples are all in our 50's and about half of us are drinkers. We all enjoyed ourselves and had the same attitude that your vacation is what you make of it. If you look for imperfections, you will find them but if you want a clean room to sleep in and a decent meal, then this is the place. We personally found Martino's to be the better of the two restaurants (although Eden was pretty good) and had no trouble getting reservations for our party of 12 for each restaurant. We found that water shoes were not needed after all for swimming in front of the resort and the big cup isn't a bad idea, especially for iced water. Speaking of water, the filtered water on property isn't bad and is easy to get in the gym. The day we checked out, the bellman locked up our luggage so we could enjoy the remainder of the day before the shuttle took us to the airport. Prior to leaving, we made use of the resort's shower/bathroom facilities to freshen up. One note, the hotel lost power one time during the day for approximately 1/2 hour. After reading about power outages island-wide, I was prepared and packed a small flashlight, which I would recommend. Since the outage we experienced was during the day, the flashlight wasn't needed, but I imagine it would come in handy if this occurred during the night. We stayed in the East Wing (the side with four floors) room 266 which had two doubles instead of the king we expected. A change was offered but we chose to stay there. The floors are tiled, there is a safe, hairdryer, iron & board and a coffee maker. They use Seattle's Best coffee. Soda products are all Pepsi brand. The iced tea tasted like instant to me, so I used tea bags, hot water and ice to make my own iced tea...much better! This option is available in the buffet dining room and having your own large tumbler is handy. We were here from midday on Sat, 10/13/12 and left Thur, 10/18/12. Other experiences of note: Jackson agreed to take group photos of us and was quite helpful in working with our lively group, we found someone selling queen conch shells on the beach, just off the resort property. We bought them for $5 each and then he cleaned them for an additional $5. This was money well spent compared to the selling prices at the straw market, etc. We also booked our own snorkel & shelling trip with Capt John off the beach for $40 per person. He took 10 of us with him and his mate, "Little Mon" offshore the Carnival Island to snorkel the reef there. Quite nice despite the choppy waters and then we moved to an area off Cable Beach in approx 8 ft water to snorkel for shells. Found lots of sand dollars, sea biscuits, some conch and a starfish. Worth the money but if you aren't the adventurous type, go with Stuart Cove's outfit! As for the beach, we noticed the Breezes staff out raking the beach each morning. Some things cannot be controlled, like the weather, and a storm named Patty had come pretty close right before we arrived. Other than the seaweed that had gotten stirred up, and some cigarette butts left by inconsiderate morons, the beach was very pretty and well maintained. I found quite a number of shells and lots of seaglass by walking the full length of the property. I highly recommend Breezes if you are looking for a clean room to sleep and a fun place to spend time outdoors. If you come during October, be prepared for hot and humid weather!

Room Tip: Our room faced a garden hedge, but we didn't have a problem with bar/disco noise (room 266)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Picklebritches
Reviewed October 19, 2012

After reading all of the negative reviews I was a little scared to go to this resort but my son was getting off of a cruise ship to get married in the Nassau and I wanted to do an all inclusive without breaking the bank. So my wife and I, her family and some friends booked the Breezes. From the moment we got there to the time we left we had a great time. The check in was very slow and does need to be a bit faster but we were on vacation and not in that much of a hurry. The place is very clean and they have workers constantly cleaning and picking up. The room was on the 6th floor over looking the ocean and was very clean. The shower did leak and didn't drain very well but not that big a deal. The food was good. Not gourmet but then we didn't expect that. It changed each day and they had a nice variety. Breakfast was probably the best but no one in my group ever went hungry. The grille out by the pool had great burgers and hot dogs and fritters but you do need to watch out for the seagulls. For drinks they had some good name brand alcohol like Crown Royal, Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker and the drinks were good and strong. The bartenders were excellent, especially William in the Piano bar and the girls out by the pool. They new what your drink was and would have it ready for you and always with a smile. There was one bartender however-Rochelle at the bar nearest to the checkout desk who had a real attitude which was so unlike everyone else. Everyone who worked there was so friendly and ready with a smile and a greeting. Except Rochelle. She had a very bad attitude and if she doesn't like her job then get a new one that doesn't have to do with dealing with the public.

If I was the resort owners I would get rid of the trapeze and rock wall. I saw two people on each of them in the five days that we were there and it really is an eyesore looking out from the rooms. I would definitely go back there and probably will.

Here are some tips. Watch out for the seagulls. Bring a large thermal mug or plastic cup. Make your dinner reservations early if you don't want to eat in the buffet and don't be afraid to tip the people who are serving you. Your service will be a lot better. For taking a taxi it should be no more that $4 per person. For going downtown take the #10 bus. Don't pay full price for anything in the straw market and if a guy on the street or beach is trying to sell you a Cuban cigar chances are it's not Cuban. Go downtown for a good Cuban cigar.

Some ideas for the resort owners. Get a popcorn machine or have some snacks like pretzels or something like that to snack on while at the bar. I would also turn the piano bar into a sports bar. The guy playing the piano and singing was not very good and you would get more people in the bar if it was a sports bar. Move the cappuccino machine into the buffet area. I didn't even find it until the last day and had no idea that it was out by the pool bar. Also have an ice cream station. Everybody likes ice cream.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ValleyDrive57
Reviewed October 19, 2012

i want to start by saying the staff were SUPER!!!!! very friendly and nice, as were most all the Bahamian people we encountered. this was our second visit to Breezes and possibly our last. first, we reserved an ocean front king size bed, when we got to our room and entered, we walked in on someone already in that room. we were moved to another room which turned out to be 2 full beds instead of king, not a huge problem, just not what we ordered. we were told the safe in the room had a number system, but in fact it had a key operation, which made me go back to the desk again to get lock and key. one day the water was turned off for maintenance right in the middle of my shower, right in the middle of the day. i feel they could have done this when more people were probably sleeping, or at least let people know ahead of time. the food was the same things over and over again, and dinner and late night buffet was items not consumed earlier--terrible.television stopped working while there-it would not go off, and we had to unplug it. entertainment was good and drinks were worth the money. my daughter got married while there and our dinner reservations were to be for 5 persons, but were only for 2 , she was devastated. some of these things could happen other places, but to have this many in a week is unacceptable!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our first trip to the Bahamas and we had a great time. We had an oceanfront deluxe room on the first floor and do not have anything bad to say about it! Our bathroom was updated and beautiful! Clean towels everyday. It was great to walk out our sliding glass doors, sit on the lounge chairs and look at the ocean.

Food was ok, same as most inclusive resorts. Breakfast was great, lunch was good and dinner was ok. We had dinner at The Garden of Eden and our service and the food were terrific!

Bar service was slow upstairs in the lobby, pool bar was quicker, but they do serve more than the house brands.

Entertainment was fun. The Junkaroo dancers and fire dancers were very entertaining!

The beach was very nice and having my toes in the sand was great!

I had a massage and a facial, treat yourself! Having a massage with the sound of the ocean for background was awesome.

You can get better facilities, entertainment and food at other resorts, but you will have to pay WAY more for it. For the price of our trip we had a wonderful time and would go back anytime!

Room Tip: Oceanfront deluxe room on the first floor was great. Walk right out to the beach. If we needed total privacy we just shut the room darkening curtain. For other times we just pulled the sheers. You would have to walk right up to the door to see in. It was great to watch the ocean laying on the bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple