“My Bahamas: Superclub Breezes Resorts & Spa on Cable Beach X-Perience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“My Bahamas: Superclub Breezes Resorts & Spa on Cable Beach X-Perience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Superclub Breezes Resorts & Spa on Cable Beach. I was the Keynote Speaker at the "F..R.E.E. In Christ: Singles Summit 2012", for the South Bahamas Conference of SDA & Atlantic Caribbean Union Mission of SDA.

When I arrived I was greeted by the friendly staff. While I was checking in, I was greeted with a non-alcoholic refreshing fresh fruit drink. The check-in process was FAST and the resort was explained thoroughly by a nice young man.

The friendly bellboy escorted me to my room. The room smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. He requested, I contact the front desk. I called but the phone just rang and rang. I told the bellboy, I would just stay in the room. Eventually the smell dissipated.

Once, I organized my items needed for the next few days, I immediately went to explore the resort. I went outside where there was a man singing and folks were dancing. I went to the grill and got a vegetarian burger and went to the bar to get a refreshing a non-alcoholic strawberry & pina colada mix.

The meals were timely and very tasty. There was a lot of variety for vegetarians.

Since, I was there for business; I did not get to check out all the amenities. This is a GREAT place to relax, walk on the beach, eat and just have FUN! I look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Xquizit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,552)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Trip to Breezes Nassau
Trip Date April 12-16th 2012

This trip was disappointing from the start.
At check-in we requested East Side, 2 double beds, smoking, on a ground floor we were given 1 king bed, non-smoking on the 4th floor in the West wing.

Directly after we checked in we went to book our A La Carte restaurant dinners. We were told
that there were none available until the night we left. After demanding to talk to the
supervisor we got into the restaurants but we had to fight in order to get this.

Room was clean although all main areas were sticking. I did see people mopping the floors although they just seemed stickier after.

This was an all inclusive resort although no water was provided in the rooms or anywhere else in the hotel. You had to buy it at the store.

The food was the worst that I have ever had at a resort. The vegetables were from frozen and soggy. All meats were deep fried. No one was there to make something fresh except for the morning omlettes.

The first night I found the rooms very cold so I went to the front desk to request a blanket sent
up to my room. 2 hours later there is no blanket. I call down and ask for a blanket and I am
told not problem. an hour later still no blanket so I call again. Same thing happens. I call 1
time an hour till 10pm at which time no one answers the phones at the front desk or at house
keeping. I literally wore my winter clothes from Canada to bed.

I found the staff generally not happy to help or serve us. Except for one wonderful waitress at
the swim-up bar named Abbey. She put a smile on our faces everytime. I asked for an ashtray (from a different bar tender) for my friend and the person rolled their eyes at me and told me to use a plastic cup with water in it. yuck

The drinks were so watered down that after 6 drinks I asked if there was any alcohol in them.

There was no nightly entertainment unless you consider a very bad karaoke singer entertainment.

There was not really any activities going on through the day. No music at the pool.

We went into the disco at 12:30 at night and the place was empty. Everyone on the resort must have left and gone into town or another resort. We were the only ones there.

The 3rd night we went into our room and there were no lights. So once again I call down to the front desk and ask for someone to come and help. Again no one ever showed up. I called one hour after that again and of course they said someone would be up to ehlp.30 mins later I got angry and pulled the mattress off the bed. I found that there were 5 extension cords under the bed. 2 plugged into the wall and a couple unplugged. Once I reattached them everything work. This is a serious fire hazard... Not to mention the horrible service. No one ever came.

This hotel is rated at a 4 start.... I would give it a 2.5 and I think I am being nice.

I booked this hotel because I went to the breezes Jabicoa in Cuba and had an absolutely fantastic time. This was the worst all inclusive that I have ever been to. It makes me second guess ever booking a breezes resort again.

Room Tip: We were told that the rooms on the East side are much nicer... we asked for one but again they could...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank MelanieMiljan

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Breezes Resort in the Bahamas was exceptional in its hospitality and ability to make you feel totally welcomed. The Staff deserve bonuses in my opinion and at every level of service, they excelled. We were giving tips left and right. The hotel itself was so very colourful and full of entertaining surprises.... a bit of everything for everyone, any age. I played pool and I boogied till 2 am not something I have done in about 30 years. It is also excellent that the shuttle buses get you to wherever you have to go. The food was excellent and lots of it and the all you can drink bar was something I had never experienced before. I truly recommend this Resort to anyone who wants to enjoy a getaway vacation. There is no pressure except when you have to make the plane when you leave. Thanks Breezes for making me addicted to the Bahamas. ..................Myriam

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sarahfan
Brunswick Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

JERRY, RICO, SHAWNEE, JARED, NAVARO AND THE WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT CREW made for a very fun time for our first (definitely not our last) trip to Breezes! I don't know how Breezes does it, but this crew was incredibly friendly, fun, sociable and always seemed genuinely happy to be doing their jobs! We read the reviews prior to our visit with open minds. Yeah the rooms weren't the best but boy the staff at Breezes made up for it! The lobby, incredibly beautiful tile work, the grounds, constantly being picked up, the beach, perfect, the ladies tending the pool bar, spot on!! I LOVED IT! The nightly entertainment was perfect, comedian one night, dance crew the next, singers, toga party at The Hurricaine, Casino night with Rico at the Blackjack table, the daily games out by the pools (testicle toss, the boxing(no hitting the testicles or chesticles LOL, horseshoes) pool tables, ping pong, and the oh so special Junkanoo show!!!!! I loved everything about this place and can't wait to book our next trip and I'm going to tell all my friends!! Keep up the good work guys!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank neezo719
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

First trip away during the holidays and New Years with the family. Check in was smooth - customer service is excellent. Everyone is extremely helpful, friendly and the atmosphere is just really relaxed and you can tell the staff enjoy it as well.

#1 - ENTERTAINMENT - Nightly entertainment was awesome, even though I missed a few shows because we booked dinner plans. Piano bar is chill and so fun - it's very lounge-y and everyone joins in on the singing along. This place is stacked with activities so you will never get bored and good activities for families and friends. Who knew I liked ping pong and my Dad is good at it! Big thanks to Shawny and Ryan for being so hospitable and friendly. :) However, all staff members are extremely attentive and they really take care of you. New Years Party was soooo amazing - it was so lively, everyone looked so good and it was so fun I felt like I was going to explode!

#2 - FOOD - was so delicious! I loved the native dishes especially the lamb! I liked the restaurants too but we missed the entertainment!! So, I suggest just eat at the buffet and don't miss out on the things going on! The grill pit outside is really yummy too. There is so much food around all the time!

#3 - ROOMS - there are Chinese channels - wahoo! My Dad loved it and that's a big bonus for Chinese people. :) Our rooms was spacious and lots of closet space. It was pretty clean and basic which is fine - who wants to stay in their hotel room all the time.

#4 - BEACH - love love love that this resort has a private beach (but alongside other hotels which is cool) and its so nice and quiet and the water is so beautiful. It's never a fight to get a lawn chair. I hate when places are over crowded and its dog eat dog world for a spot. It's such a laid back environment. The music is not too loud and its a nice long stretch of beach. We took a sailing lesson, we went Jet Skiing, we wanted to do more but we got too tired!

The quality of customer service really made the trip and the good vibes. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Huainthehouse
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas.We are truly grateful that you have shared your experience and happy that we were able to make your
vacation a success.
We truly look to having you visit with us again.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
Florida Keys, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were there 4/27/12-4/30/12 rained the entire weekend, but staff was amazing and tried to make up for bad weather... The food was very good! great variety on buffet, had diner in the Garden of Eden restaurant and food was excellent and service was A++. The drinks were very good and great variety of just about anything you wanted and strong never once felt they were watered down. Had some issues with the hotel room itself, but was moved to a higher floor and was much happier, the bathrooms are newer but the rooms them self do need some more improvements, with that said The value for the $ and the friendliness of the staff we would go back and recommend it to anyone looking for a great time. Just keep in mind not 5 star but 3 and you will enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: Would ask for 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Melissa L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was our first trip to the Bahamas! We got a great deal on the hotel and the flight! I can afford to stay at 5 star hotels but I like to manage my money and staying here was well worth it! It's all inclusive and you are not going to spend an arm and a leg like you would staying at Paradise Island. Of course you can take a day trip there anyway so why bother staying there unless you just have money to throw out the window!

From the moment we got to BREEZES, we were greeted with warm smiles. The staff was very friendly and very entertaining. The room was ok but it was roomy and had everything we needed. One visitor I talked to frowned at the room but I am not a hotel snob (not that she is) so they were fine for me to sleep and get dressed which that's all I need it for anyway.

The food was very good and I was impressed with the variety you had to choose from during breakfast, lunch and dinner. My husband and I like to eat healthy (for the most part) and there was always fresh fruit, salad and veggies. Of course there are other types of food that we tried that were yummy! I loved the dining there especially because they were very attentive keeping your water, coffee or wine full at all times. They also made sure to whisk your plates away when you were done with each.

The bar was great and you can get pretty much any drink you want. Try the dirty banana!

The entertainment and the entertaining staff were awesome! Even when they were not performing they were helpful in answering your questions about the island on what to do and where to go if you want to venture out. They really made our trip!! BIG thanks to Em-Jay, KJ, Justin and Jarrod!!

As far as traveling around on the island you can take the bus (which is what we did). It's only 1.25 per person to take you down town to go shopping. We did get shuttled to and from the airport at no charge which was great! We also went to Paradise Island which the travel cost was included in our package of swimming with the dolphins. It's a little expensive but worth the experience! You can also take a bus to Paradise Island (up to the bridge) then take the fairy over which is $3 dollars each way. That's the least expensive way. Or if you want to go straight there then you can take a cab and it will cost you $20 one way.

Our shuttle driver who has been doing this forever says that if you stay at Paradise Island, you will pay for EVERYTHING!! Even water which of course we didn't have to! Also, there are no buses from Paradise Island to downtown, you must take a cab.

Last but not least, the gym was the best I have been in since my last cruise! Yes I work out even on vacation!

I hope you find this helpful!

I 'tink' (as the Bohemians say) it will help you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SweetTraveler35
Dear Guest,
We are pleased to note that your visit to SuperClubs Breezes met with expectations.As a hotel
we seek to provide the best customer service coupled with a superior. product.It is obvious that the varied nature of our product made for a great experince and we are grateful that you
have shared same.
Thank you for having choosen Breezes Bahamas firstly as we are truly appreciative of your patronage.
Regards,
Jackson Weech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!