“Typical Touristy Place”

$56.25*
Nassau Land and Sea Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #40 of 128 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: At this market you will find people weaving straw into anything and everything.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you want straw bags, cheap t-shirts, wooden carved knick knacks, then this is your spot. All the cruise ship people stop here, so it's very busy all day. We were not terribly impressed but had to see it since we were in Nassau. If you're planning on being serious when you go, plan to bargain like crazy. If you're interested in less-touristy things in Nassau, I wouldn't recommend this.

1  Thank SandEseetheworld

Reviewed December 18, 2012

It was nice, and clean! Restroom great! and the bargaining?Game ON! I got a great handmade bag from Annie Bean, and 2 sundresses for the girls!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had to walk through to come and go from cruise ship. Typical tourist trap with pushy vendors. If you are looking for T-shirts etc., hair braiding etc. this is the place for you. We were not looking for any such thing and just found it a bit of a road block. Very crowded, I can't imagine how hot it would be on a hot day.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is mildly interesting to walk through a see what it is, but that is about it. 5 minutes is all you need. Same sorts of merchandise at all of the vendors, not much of which is of interest.

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Over the years my wife (and I occasionally) would venture through the Straw Market. Last month, November '11, I deferred and let her go it alone. We agreed to meet in front of the market in one hour. I found an internet cafe and checked my emails. After about 30 minutes, I walked back to our meeting point and found my wife already there. She said it was a total waste of time, a human zoo, and full of agressive, abusive, vendors. As an "I want to see it", we went through two aisles; receiving loud "look at my display", pulling on our arms, derogatory remarks (i.e. calling my wife a B....ch) when we said NO, and visualizing every known souvenir that could possibly be made in China. There was nothing that could be portrayed as a local product. Rather than confront the trash mouthed vendor and end up in the Nassau jail, I was persuaded by my wife to leave. This place is a mockery of craftmanship; nothing more than a very large and cheap souvenir shop. For those that enjoy thing made in China, being shoved and pushed, and insulted; this is the place.

3  Thank CaptainRonn