“Where Heaven and Earth meet!!! Literally!”

Island World Adventures
Ranked #28 of 122 Tours in Nassau
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Where Heaven and Earth meet!!! Literally!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I could write a 100 page review on this trip it is so Amazing but I will sum it up quickly! .. If you can do 1 thing while in Nassau you take this day trip ! Easily the most you can get for $175 on this planet and the memories are priceless! I consider myself a Bahamas expert having been here over 50 times all throughout the country and am obsessed with clear waters and soft sands, plain and simple the Island and the Sandbar alone are on their Own podium !!! Words can't even truly describe this places beauty. EXUMAS reign supreme and you need to go here before you die! Capt Sidney and First Mate Brian are class acts and great people! Stop reading this and GO BOOK THE TRIP NOW!! Haha

duckypond
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Near Death and No one Cares”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I will tell you the trip was back in 2006. Our family was Vacationing independently in the Bahamas and decided on taking the Boat trip to the Exuma Islands, 2 Adults and 3 children all under 12 years old. We I will tell you the Seas were not acceptable to be boating on that day and they took us any way for $1,000.00. Everyone on the boat was scared and we made it to the island crying. Everyone on the Island proceeded to get drunk they were so scared about the ride back. We returned in 10' Rolling Seas and Waves crashing over the front of the boat because it would nose dive into the water off of the top of the wave. We made it back to the Dock and the Captain dropped off the people in the other boat 1st before I could get to him he sped off in the boat to get away from us. I went to the front office and complained and asked for my money back. I fought the bill for 6 months but American Express finally paid the bill, If you want a near Death Experience in another Country where no one cares about you or your family. You found the right place. God Help you.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank duckypond
Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best part of our family vacation”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was the best part of our trip. The ride to the island was very bumpy so don't sit in front if you have back/neck issues. We laughed the whole way.
Feeding iguanas at Leaf island was fun but a quick stop. Women with toenail polish beware, iguanas think they look like grapes, bury your toes in the sand. The next stop was Saddleback island. We were treated by Bob and his dog Brutus. Bob offered snacks and full bar, with excellent rum punch. We spent our time playing on the most beautiful beach, clear water and sand like velvet. The crew took us to our snorkel spot where we anchored. It was ok, not much color, more greens. Back to the island for lunch which was grilled chicken, fish, and some sides, very good! Cookies for dessert. The last stop was the sand bar, which was lovely walk. The ride back was much smoother. I would highly recommend this adventure!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kim I
Parkville, Missouri
“I don't understand ANY negative reviews”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just got back from a family vacation, two daughters 7 and 12 years old. We all thought this was the highlight of the trip because of the breathtaking beaches and views. We stayed at the Melia and spent a day at Atlantis. However, this was unbelievably beautiful!! We have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Jamaica, Cayman, Aruba and Turks and Caicos - all beautiful, but none as nice as this. The water, sand was simply incredible. If you are planning a trip to the Bahamas, I would highly recommend putting this on your list of things to do, at the top. It is a little pricey, but well worth it!
And, yes, the ride over is crowded and bumpy, but smooth on the way back. If you drink, you could also have a day of rum punch on the cay and beer on the boat. Food was okay, healthy combination of fruit, chicken and fish, I was happy to see that.

Visited March 2014
Grimsby, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Mind blowing!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This trip was without doubt the highlight of our visit to the Bahamas. I have visited the islands before but didn't see anything as beautiful as Saddleback Cay. The trip in the powerboat was an hour and a half out to the Exumas which I thought was great value for money. Saddleback Cay is just an earthly paradise, I have never seen anywhere so beautiful. The wooden walkways and shelters where we ate lunch were fun with shoes and flipflops nailed up in them, full of character. The snorkelling on the reef was amazing and very different to what I expected, more a sea garden than my vision of a coral reef. Feeding the sharks was great fun and they are amazing to watch from a safe distance and the iguanas were a treat too.

I would never have believed the sea could be so many shades of blue, words cannot express the intensity of the colours and our trip is a day neither of us will ever forget. I would highly recommend it.

Visited February 2014