“Buyer Beware!!!”

Island World Adventures
Ranked #31 of 128 Tours in Nassau
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The brochure and independent salespeople will promise you a day filled with exploring an isolated sand bar, feeding iguanas, sharks, barracudas, stingrays and an array of fish. This is not so. Nothing is guaranteed! During our excursion the only thing we were able to feed we're the iguanas. You are able to watch the crew throw food into the water near the dock to feed the sharks. This excursion was sold to us under the premise that we would be swimming with and feeding the stingrays. You WILL NOT... I REPEAT.... NOT feed or interact with stingrays! If you say anything to the company you will be told that they can't make the stingrays come and that they can't control nature. If this is an activity that you want to participate in I would recommend choosing a different company! Oh, and FYI they do not give refunds!!!

1  Thank ITLNPrincess

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ventured out on this excursion solo and really loved it. The speedboat ride took about an hour and went by quickly. Leslie prepared us for the ride before boarding and kept us informed and hydrated. The iguanas were a little scary at first but how often do you get up close and personal to one? Our day included snorkeling, shark feeding and time to relax and enjoy Saddleback Cay. The food was good and I enjoyed the rum punch. The clear warm water was excellent.

The best part for me was meeting Captain Steve's wife and finding out that her family lives in my area back in the States. We are keeping in touch and I hope to go on another excursion with Island World in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This trip was recommended by the local people who want to share the beautiful out islands of the Bahamas. They are amazing with so much to see and do. Captain Sydney and First Mate Brian kept everyone happy and safe. The private island of Saddleback Cay is very unique with its crescent beach and nearby sand bar. Owner Bob greats you with terrific rum punch and a delicious Bahamian lunch. While snorkling with Captain Sydney we spotted a very large spiney lobster. The trip is topped off with an opportunity to feed sharks and iguanas at yet another island cay. A great full day trip for the entire family. Take sunblock!

1  Thank Alesia M
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We just finished our 2nd trip to Saddleback Cay Exuma Islands. It's an expensive day but worth it.
They tell you to be at the dock by 8:30 am but the boats do not leave til 9:15.
Wear some layers because the boat rides can be cold and rainy.
We arrived at the Cay at 10:50 am. Had a chance to eat some fruit then back on the boat by 11:30 to go snorkeling.
12:30 we were back on the boat to visit a sandbar. 1:15 pm we were at the Cay eating lunch and feeding the sharks. You can relax or take a group hike of the island. At 3 pm we leave the island and visit an iguana island and for 15 minutes you can feed the iguanas grapes on a stick. Everyone is back on the boat to head back to Atlantis.
It is very beautiful but very hurried pace. I travel with 5 persons and spent $ 950 on this excursion.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had the pleasure of taking this excursion while in Nassau last week and my wife and I both loved it. Captain Steve and First Mate Leslie showed us a great time. The food prepared by Bob was absolutely delicious and the cold beer and cold drinks helped to keep us hydrated in the beautiful Bahama sunshine.
The powerboat ride at 35 - 40 knots was great as I am a speed junkie and we even had the pleasure of sitting at the bridge with Captain Steve on the ride back to Paradise Island.
If you forget to bring your camera Steve and Leslie take lots of photos and will burn you a CD of all the photos of the day for a charge. We got it of course.
We loved it and we will be coming back for sure on our next trip to the Bahamas.