“Conch galore”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Conch galore”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was just about Conch Fritters and Conch Salad out until I had the Grilled Conch. It was grilled with sautéed onions and peppers and saucy. Very tasteful and different.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good spot for something simple and fast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Food was good and the staff were good if not great. Free wifi and a relaxed atmosphere. What was a little surprising was that a number of items were not available on the menu and this was a little frustrating. Would go back there again for a no fuss meal as it is conveniently located in the centre of town.

• Visited October 2013
Pueblo, Colorado
“First Bahamas dinner experience and we can only do better after this.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The first indicator should have been the lack of people eating dinner, but we didn't heed the warning. We ordered cheese fries as an appetizer and received fries that were frozen out of a bag with sliced American cheese melted over the top. On to the dinner, grilled chicken and jerk chicken plates. The grilled chicken was overdone, dry, difficult to cut, and tasteless. The jerk chicken had interesting flavor and fell off the bone, but was just okay.
The bar in the window only had a handful of rum or wine selections which enticed us into the restaurant. The show for the evening was an angry ex-worker showing up and yelling profanities to all previous colleagues until enough of them got him back outside where he continued yelling.
Overall, for $50-2 meals, an appetizer, one soda, and one tap water...we don't recommend this experience.

• Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good :)”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Since this was our first time being in Nassau, my boyfriend and I decided to venture out by ourselves. After stumbling on to Junkanoo beach and spending a couple of hours there we decided to eat somewhere that would be on our way back to the ship. We came across this restarurant and when we first walked in it was kind of quiet. We were greeted by waitress and were seated right away. Pretty much everything on the menu was fried so I decided to get the BBQ burger since I've been craving one for a while :) My boyfriend ordered the chicken parm. We were very happy with our lunch. I will say they do have big portions and the food was a little expensive but overall the experience was good.

OH...one more thing. I had to use the restroom so I asked the waitress where it was and she told me to follow her...She walked me outside and told me to go upstairs, to the very back and then turn left and that she would wait for me outside. I was so confused but I went up there and the restrooms were dirty and didn't have soap to wash your hands. I had to sneak into the males restroom to get hand soap to wash my hands. I walked down and we walked inside and she then the waitress told me to hold my hands out and gave me hand sanitizer..It was an interesting experience!

• Visited September 2013
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“Just the spot”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were near the end of our time in Nassau and heading back to the cruise ship. The day was hot and I was stressed. My husband and I saw the special of the day was 2 beers for $6 and $5 conch fritters and decided to stop in. We went up the stairs and were seated at the end of the balcony overlooking the street, facing the cruise ships. The table was sticky so if you are picky then bring wipes. The waitress was not friendly, but then we didn't care if she was. We were looking for a quiet place to relax and this was the place for us. We did order the beer and conch fritters. They were excellent and the beer was cold.

We were searching for exactly what we wanted, a quiet place to be by ourselves where we could relax. This was perfect for us.

• Visited September 2013