“Terrible service,medicore food”

Cuisines: American, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 23, 2013

By far the worst service I have ever had. After sitting down and ordering bottles of water the waitress immediately gave us a look and then walked away without saying a word. I assume she was upset we were not ordering alcohol drinks. After bringing us our waters after 10 minutes she then preceded to tell us they were out of almost everything we wanted to order, looking around at the few other tables I'm pretty sure they were not. The food was average at best and just terrible service. I would not recommend this place to anybody. Other than the location I'm not sure how this place stays in business.

There are newer reviews for Conch Fritters

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The atmosphere is fun and inviting, but the food is average. The actual conch fritters were pretty good and the steamed conch (which isn't steamed, that is a colloquialism which actually is more akin to stewed) is pretty good. Hubby had the steamed pork chops and while the gravy was pretty good, the pork chops were overcooked and tough. Also, the peas & rice that day was burned.... Must've burned the bottom of the pot and tried to salvage the rest... unsuccessfully. The service was pretty good, but overall, it wasn't the best experience... Given the option to go somewhere else, I probably would since I wasn't overly impressed with the cleanliness of the restaurant & the bathroom was a little messy and lacking in supplies, and the food was only average.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fun place with a combo of young tourists and local crowd. Everyone seems to eat here! Seafood is your best option, though. Don't go with burgers, and the fries aren't good. Everything else, service and drinks are great! Best conch on the island!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I truly enjoyed the Conch Salad!!! I was fresh and tasty!! The only thing that got me was the food was WAY overpriced. I was very disapointed in the prices.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a monday midday to get some food while walking downtown. They were empty when we got in so not a lot of business. We were greeted and seated and the service was great. The place is well decorated and it looks like they have a band come in at some point. Prices are decent. My husband ordered the conch burger and that tasted pretty good. I ordered the mushroom and Swiss burger medium and it came out well and super dry. The mushrooms on my burger were chewy like they just came out of a can and they were not cooked before placed on burger enough. The Caramelized onions were overcooked to me w a burnt taste. My burger was dry and didn't taste good so I had to ask for some mayo to help me eat it. The fries were tasty though. If you go with more seafood maybe it's great like my husbands sandwich was but my burger was cooked wrong and dry. Just a note while we were there when there was no one but us, the whole time 4 conch salads were just sitting on the counter as if they were waiting for someone to come in and order them. The salads weren't kept cold or anything.