“Slow service”

Ranked #175 of 288 Restaurants in Nassau
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I placed a phone order and waited longer than the allotted time, after arriving the order was not ready. when I asked how much longer, I was told 3-4 minutes so I sat and waited. Due to limited parking after a few minutes I had to move my car. I went back inside and the order still was not ready, but was tapped on my shoulder to move my car again. I just got my money back and left. It had been a while since I have been to establishment due to a previous bad experience and then I come back and have another one. This will be my last. Just an fyi, it is better to overestimate than to underestimate.

There are newer reviews for Double Dragon

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had food from here a few weeks ago and found the combination fried rice to be stale/old and the kingdom ribs tough but because my daughter liked them decided to give them another try. Ordered the same fare- awful and the egg roll were over-cooked and greasy. Will not return regardless of big portions.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hands down this is the best chinese food in Nassau, Bahamas and dare I say in the Americas. The fried rices is my favorite, it just has this smokey flavorful taste. LOVE IT!!! Ive had chinese food in Miami Los Angeles San Diego Boston Atlanta and no where has come close to this place.

I think its all about what people are use to
Double Dragon has captured the Bahamian take on chinese food. The people that called the food tasteless are out of their minds. Bottom line if your not a local you may love it or hate it. Rest assured the local LOVE this place

Reviewed April 10, 2013

There are good things and there are not so good things at the Double Dragon. It is immensely popular with the local Bahamians. The prices are not extravagant at all and the portions are generous.

The good things to eat are the noodle dishes, the combination plates and the various vegetable, rice and meat dishes from the menu. The bad things to order are the deep fried things. Deep fried things aren't particularly a healthy form of eating, but I did order a combination plate of deep fried appetizers. The servings were generous, but everything deep-fried tasted the same. It didn't matter whether it was fish, or chicken balls or whatever. It wasn't a bad taste, just all the same.

Every once in a while I get the hankering for this pedestrian Chinese food, so I do go once in a blue moon. I just popped in for lunch last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed a noodle dish.

It is rather basic. The service is perfunctory. You pay at the cash. It is what it is. If you don't have a lot of cash handy, you can still fill up. Nassau is getting more and more expensive and this place is easy on the wallet. Don't expect your tastebuds to burst with flavor. I would go again, and I do. But it is by no means fine dining.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Double Dragon has a good selection on their menu, reasonably priced with quick delivery. Not the best Chinese I have ever had but very good given their prices, would recommend their take out for an easy night in your room.

1  Thank Gary G