“Average Asian food and service”
Review of Double Dragon

Double Dragon
Ranked #178 of 289 Restaurants in Nassau
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you have a craving for Chinese and just a few bucks in your pocket, this is the place to go. Local Bahamians come to this place and find typical Chinese food and the local Asian variations made with local ingredients such as conch and lobster (crawfish, in Bahamian). Their Seafood Chow Mein is really nice: noodles in a savory sauce with shrimp, conch, grouper and lobster at a very reasonable price. Be warned that they keep the AC in the restaurant frigid cold. Bring a jacket or you will just freeze.

1  Thank Cynthia R

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is Asian food done quickly and with a Bahamian flair. A very good value for those who like Asian food. Try the Seafood Wor Bar or the Mushu shrimp. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank harrold r
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We ordered about 7 containers of appetizers [40 bucks] to the Reef Atlantis. There is no menu so just order how you normally order chinese. The food is reasonably priced and the portions are generous. The food is average to poor compared with the chinese food we have in Boston. Crab rangoons and lobster sauce are really different than what we are used to. Overall, I wouldn't order on my next trip but I would recommend this if you have a large family to feed on a budget.Great value ok food.

2  Thank puppalovesmama
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was in the Bahamas for a week in May 2012. I stayed at the British Colonial Hilton which was downtown and walking distance from the business district, local shops and restaurants. During this week we dined at many local restaurants, of which one was the Double Dragon on Charlotte Street. My experience with this was:

1) My wife and I came here for dinner during the earlier part of our visit.
2) The food was actually quite tasty and the restaurant was not busy when we got there.
3) We ordered two combination dishes, which came with an option of upgrading the regular steamed rice with pork fried rice for an additional $1.50, which we decided to do.
4) The serving size was reasonable, not small but not a lot either, but enough for my wife and me. Had our kids been with us, they would have needed at least one and a half plates each.
5) When we got our food, the waitress did not provide us with serving utensils.
6) The waitress never bothered to check on us again and didn't even bring our check. We had to go up to the cashier to get it.
7) When I looked at the check, I was surprised to see I was charged $6.00 for the fried rice. I asked why and was told that it was because we got the chicken fried rice. The waitress had offered us the chicken fried rice, but never told us that it would cost 4x as much.
8) Also on the check, in very small print, was a line for tax. At the time, I didn't realize there was no tax in the Bahamas, but the waitress used this line for her tip. Again, not knowing that there was no tax, I added another small amount for a tip, even though the service was terrible. It wasn't until we left that I realized the waitress just took advantage of us tourists.
9) In the Bahamas, it is standard practice for restaurants to add a 15% gratuity to all checks.

Bottom line: the taste of the food was actually pretty good, but getting ripped off leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

2  Thank KentUnionCity
Reviewed May 5, 2012

ARriving late in Nassau we decided to take the opportunity to have a chinese delivered to our boat in the marina. We have rated Chinese food around the globe inits multifarious formats, but this has to be rated the most tasteless! We ordered Crispy beef which was anything but crispy and lakes any taste and King Prawn Curry - not a hint of curry flavour to be found. had this prevued to eb a good restaurant we would have made more orders. AS it was we were absolutely disappointed with Nassau's' Premier" Chinese restaurant on East Bay Street.

1  Thank Allgoodthyngs