“Bahamas Atlantis Aquaventure”
Review of Majestic Tours

Majestic Tours
Ranked #54 of 122 Tours in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: Majestic Tours offers a wide range of activities for guests choosing Nassau and Paradise Island as their holiday destination. The backbone of any satisfying and enjoyable tour is having a factual background knowledge of the subject to be covered and then arranging visits to the various points of interest. At Majestic Tours, we have the background and know the Nassau area better than anyone else! Whether it be on a City & Country Tour, SCUBA or Snorkeling Dive Tour, Sightseeing Cruise, Private Limo Tour, Dinner Package, Adventure Tour or a combination of any or all of the above - our tours will give you what you want!
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bahamas Atlantis Aquaventure”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I didn't actually end up booking with Majestic Tours because I decided that even though the trip was more expensive through my cruise line that the certainty and ease were worth the not so large price difference.

Here are my thoughts on the Aquaventure Tour:

1. The majestic website is a little confusing
- You will find that once you actually proceed to the "Book Now" page and you click a date the price increases because you might be going on a date that is just more expensive. That's nota big issue since the cruise lines do the same. The issue is that it's not made clear prior to the booking page. So just make sure you take that into account. Not a big deal though.
-Once on the booking page you have to pick a "schedule". I only had the option for 8:30am to 3:30pm which really confused me because the description page said that the return trip was at 5:30pm. I really did not want to book this trip if I had to return at 3:30pm or pay extra for a cab when my cruise offered returns every hour up until 5:30pm
-Once you put in your credit card information and authorize them to make the charge. (If you havent realized it by now) You will get an email saying that within 24 hours you will get an email from them confirming whether or not they have availability for you. For someone like me, I found that slightly annoying. But once again, it's not a big deal

2. There is more uncertainty than I would have liked
-After getting my reservation confirmed I was given instructions as to how to get my tickets and get to Atlantis. When on the booking page I had opted for the transfer option and since my cruise line was on the drop down menu I assumed that I would be getting picked up from there. It turns out you get picked up from the Hilton about 2 blocks or 10 minutes away. Once, again it's not a big deal I just didnt like that this was not mentioned until after I booked.
-Also, it was suggested I take a cab. It's a fair suggestion since it's only $4 a person per trip to Atlantis but that adds up when you are going with a family and in the end it might be better for you to go on your cruise's trip. If I wanted to get the Majestic shuttle to the cruise port if would cost extra money (more than the cab). So that was out of the question.
-Lastly, some of the cruise lines offer food included in their trips. Yes their trips are more expensive than Majestic's but since Atlantis mostly only takes Credit Cards and the food will of course be expensive I was worried that with the international charge I would get from my credit card company that it was just best to go with my cruise line.
-Plus, I was worried that Majestic's shuttle would stop at every hotel and thus take forever to get there when my cruise trip i assumed would just be for my cruise liner. I might be wrong though since I never actually went on this trip.

However, I would like to add that just because this trip was not for me and my family that it is not necessarily a bad one. I just wanted to help other cruisers be more informed about their options. Karen Smith, the Majestic Rep, was very nice and prompt about answering emails. I just wish their website gave better information before the booking stage. I am a person who likes to plan every detail and having all these little surprises from Majestic made me feel that there might be other surprises the day of my trip and the reason I plan so much beforehand is because I want my vacation to be relaxing and go as smoothly as is possible.

Yes, walking 2 blocks is not a big deal but last thing I'd want is for me to get lost or get mugged or harrased on the walk there. Paranoid, I know...

Visited February 2013
6 Thank Brittany A
MajesticToursBahamas, Manager at Majestic Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Our website is designed with the customer’s best interest in mind and we try to provide as much information as possible to our internet clients. On the Aquaventure description page the pricing states that prices start from $135.00. Actual prices and availability are determined by the Atlantis Resort who operate the tour. We pick up our Cruise Ship clients from the nearby Hilton as the transportation area at the main entrance to the port is very congested and often times clients are not found in the crowds that gather. The walk to the Hilton is a short and safe one and ensures that clients have a specific meeting point to meet the bus.

Seabrook, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Airport travel - taxi may be better”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Not to rave about not being picked up on my return to the airport, but it was interesting that they took my round trip voucher from bookIt.com upon arrival saying I didn't need it for the return, then didn't show up to pick me up for the airport. I guess they had what they needed to be paid.

They offer many excursions that I cannot speak to. The busses are not particularly new, clean or in good working order, though the driver from the airport was polite and informative. I would spend the $20 for a taxi to cable beach hotels next time.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank mcduvall1772
MajesticToursBahamas, Manager at Majestic Tours, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
After conducting an investigation, we determined that our driver was connected to the wrong room at first. The driver waited until 4:30am and then departed the Sheraton as he had other passengers on board from other hotels and was on a schedule. Our dispatcher wrote a report from the driver that morning. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are happy that your wife’s experience was a pleasant one.
Lakewood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Flawless Experience, Great Roundtrip Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have to say, I am glad I didn't read the reviews before I booked Majestic Tours when I booked our Nassau trip through Expedia. I probably wouldn't have booked with them based on the negative reviews, and we would have missed a great experience. I am not sure why there were so many bad experiences, but ours was flawless!

We booked Majestic tours for both our shuttle to/from the airport to our resort and also for the Rose Island Snorkel Cruise. We booked online, all you have to do is print the voucher, sign it, and remember to bring it with you. (Note: print TWO copies of the shuttle voucher! They will ask for one when you arrive and when you depart, and they will take the copies both times) Printing two copies will prevent any issues of having to look up your reservation or obtain another copy.

When you arrive at the airport, look for the Majestic Tours desk or just meet your shuttle outside, depending on their instructions. Our ride took about 30 minutes and we only stopped at one other hotel before arriving at our resort. The driver was very friendly and gave us a "tour" of Bahamas history and facts during the ride, and answered any questions.

For the return ride, just be sure to visit the Majestic Tours desk (located in every major hotel) and confirm your pick up time for the next day. The people at the desk were friendly, and just called the place to confirm our name and pick up time. The van arrive right on time, 11:00am sharp, and got us to the airport in 40 minutes with a few more hotel pick ups on the way. No hassle, no delays, we would book round trip transportation again without a doubt.

We also booked the Rose Island Snorkel Cruise through Majestic Tours. The bus arrived right on time (but again, be sure to visit the Majestic Tours guest a day in advance and confirm the pick up time!) and took us to and from the Sandy Toes location without any hassle. It has tinted windows and A/C, a very comfortable ride. It is very convenient and like I said, nothing but a flawless experience for us. Good luck! :)

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Got_2_Travel_12
MajesticToursBahamas, Manager at Majestic Tours, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Our management has just read your review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your comments, you really did make our day ! We believe that the vast majority of our clients have a similar experience to what you expressed in your review as we strive to provide quality customer service to all of our guests. Thank you again.
SURREY
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“verbally assaulted by bus driver”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Never in all my years of travelling have I experienced a company like this. On arrival at Nasau they did not have our names down on their list, even though we had booked through Kuoni months ago and had proof. They begrudgingly let us get on the bus.
All holiday, no word from the company to tell us when we would be collected. I called them and they gave me the time, no expklanation as to why I had not been informed.
On collection, as I did not have a voucher as they had not given me one, the driver scramed in my face causing a massive scene and scaring all the other passengers and myself. He rudely shouted, woman you dont listen, I dont care what you say etc etc...........ruined my day and would make me think twice about coming back to the Bahams, put a real downer on the people for me.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank CATWOMAN10
MajesticToursBahamas, Manager at Majestic Tours, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We were most disturbed by this reviewer's terrible experience so we contacted her immediately to get as much information as she was willing to share with us. Fortunately, she was most helpful and as a result we were able to conduct a full investigation. On conclusion the driver involved was dismissed and other corrective measures taken. We also arranged for a refund from the travel agency. Our company has been in business for over 50 years and we are committed to providing the best service possible.
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awful company”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stay away from this company. They show up late. They are rude. They will take your money even if they do not supply the service. They love to pack people in like sardines!!!

Visited September 2012