“Good food service can improve”

Traveller's Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 351 Restaurants in Nassau
Description: Travellers Rest Restaurant & Bar is a long-standing institution on the island of New Providence, Bahamas. Located on the western side of the Island, Travellers Rest has been cherished by locals and tourists alike for more than 40 years, providing picturesque ocean views and a genuine Bahamian atmosphere. Travellers Rest Restaurant offers not only authentic Bahamian Cuisine.
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The grilled snapper is very good!

Sometimes the service is slow but overall is good.

The roti was too greasy this occasion

The view also pays off the visit

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Friday night, they had a band playing soft tropical music, the waitresses were friendly, and helped me try and find a charger for my phone. Drinks and food came in a timely manner and Goat Roti was excellent. And that lovely ocean view of course!

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Very convenient restaurant when staying in A Stone's Throw Away.also on the sea front. We ordered Conch and Goat Roti, but told us after 20 minutes waiting that they had no conch or goat. Ordered the chicken and shrimp roti instead and then had to wait another 20 minutes for it to arrive. It was worth waiting for, very tasty.

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Our visit was mediocre at best. The waitress waited until five of us were finished dining and drinking to let us know that their debit/credit machines were not working. We are people who only carry a couple hundred dollars in cash and we were taking our visiting family out for dinner. So...the $300 bill arrives and I go to give my card at which time we are told "oh... we are not taking debit or credit tonight". Keep in mind their menu on the front cover indicates they take all types of payments. I said to the waitress "Do you not think that was something you should have told us PRIOR to taking our orders and serving us?". At which point she said "Yeah I guess I should have." Thankfully we are locals and had our own vehicle and my husband could go get cash, otherwise we would have had to wash dishes.

Food was average. Cracked conch was extremely greasy and chicken was dry on the salad. Service obviously was lacking. This is our first and last time here which is unfortunate as we have guests weekly.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

What a fantastic office to work in!
The food was delicious. The cocktails adventurous and the staff made it all a great experience.
AND to have the ocean as part of my office as I worked while at Travellers was a dream come true.

Travellers shares all they can to make whatever you desire to have it happen including a ride to the airport.
Never had a restaurant serve so greatly.

Date of visit: April 2019