“The BEST Italian dining on the Island”
Review of Capriccio

Capriccio
Ranked #66 of 280 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dix Hills, New York
“The BEST Italian dining on the Island”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I brought my family here after reading wonderful reviews on T.A. prior to our trip. What I found was beyond my expectations! All the food is freshly prepared to your order, so don't be in a hurry when dining here. But I promise you will not leave hungry or disappointed. Start with their complimentary garlic bread which melts in your mouth and enjoy the outside terrace dining. There is not much of a view, being located right on West Bay St, but the ambiance inside the awning is very special. I can't wait to go back again for their tender Veal Parmagiana.

Visited February 2014

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Sneaky pricing at Capriccio Bahamas”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

While visiting Cable Beach, we dropped in for dinner at Capriccio Italian Ristorante. The prices were a little on the high side, but we were craving Italian food, and from the outside, the restaurant looked inviting. We sat indoors (they have an outdoor patio, but it is only a few feet from the heavy traffic on the street.... didn't want the noise and fumes). The owners were watching us from a dining table near the bar the whole time, as if we were the entertainment of the evening... this felt uncomfortable. We were served garlic (soggy and soft) bread... they said it was supposed to be toast, so we sent it back and asked them to toast it before putting on the garlic spread... they did that and it tasted somewhat better. We had a seafood linguini and calamari appetizer.... they tasted good, but nothing to rave about. When the waitress brought the bill, we noticed that they automatically added a 'service charge' of 15%, but a staff member said that tips for the waitress should be additional and in cash. To us, that meant we were paying a 30% gratuity... totally bizarre and a cash grab. We weren't warned of this policy ahead of time... we consider this to be coniving and bad customer service. We won't ever eat here again and warn others of this despicable policy.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Brian K
Montreal
“No chance of vampires here”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had dined at Capriccio before. Was it the best Italian food ever? No, but I would have described it as reasonably good comfort food in a pleasant setting with friendly staff. On my last visit, I have absolutely no recollection of what I had as a main course although I recall it was less than average. The problem was that the dressing for the Caesar salad I had as a starter seemed to consist ENTIRELY of garlic. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff but not when it completely overpowers a dish and consequently the rest of your meal because you couldn't possibly taste anything else. I will not be back.

• Visited January 2014
Carmel, California
“CAPRICCIO IS STILL OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN NASSAU”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I were in Nassau for her birthday this last week and we revisited Capriccio restaurant again. we had 4 dinners and 2 lunch and the food and service were exceptional along with their warm hospitably. I had the Grouper Capri that was the best fish fillet ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
their past and the veal chop special was superb to many dishes to mention. but this was one of our best experience in Nassau. Thank you very Much Michael & Alice

PS My wife is from the Bahamas and she loved the Special peas and rice and Crack conch

• Visited January 2014
Nassau, New Providence Island
“AMAZING FOOD & Great Service!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy my food every time I go there. It is delicious! The staff are super friendly, I've never had a bad experience when I go there and I am a local!

• Visited November 2013