“I'd be a regular customer if I lived here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Indigo Cafe - CLOSED

Indigo Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bahamian, Eastern European, Armenian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“I'd be a regular customer if I lived here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Overall - a very enjoyable dinner. Get there if you can. Convenient to Cable Beach area but it's a hike from Atlantis area. Be prepared for a $20 something taxi ride or figure out the buses. Great views along the way.

Food - plenty of choices for a variety of tastes. Food was cooked and seasoned well, with great flavor - a great respite from the resort/chain/tourist places in abundance on this isle. Aps: Conch fritters crispy moist yummy perfect, and the crunchy snappy sweet spicy coconut shrimp rated best ever from my sister. The house conch chowder had the rich fully spiced flavor you want from a curry with a pleasant heat that builds with each spoonful, but was a bit light on the conch. From the other reviews it appears the specials don't change too much but we were very happy with the mahi with mango salsa, and the blackened snapper filet. The accompanying rice and veggies were well executed but lacked imagination. Menu also listed steak, lobster, shrimp, salmon, chicken, pork, burgers, and pasta dishes. Was hoping to see something fun with lobster as the season had just opened days earlier.

Value: 3aps, 2 seafood entrees, 2 drinks. $100 and well worth it.

Service: They were slow for a Friday night and service was great - attentive but not intrusive. Probably could have served us another round of drinks had they asked.

Atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor dining, clean, relatively well maintained, nice mix of businessmen, tourists and locals.

2 Thank ToddBoston

Venice
“Excellent Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The nice thing about Indigo is that you experience a nice meal where lots of locals gather outside of the usual hotel atmosphere. It's conveniently located near the Sheraton but a world away when you go inside. A lively bar separates the dining area and while the noise from the bar was a bit loud, the dining area was quiet the night we visited in July. They have an extensive menu and reasonable prices. Lots of authentic Bahamian food. I had an Island Curry with chicken. I found the curry to me adequately spiced but the chicken wasn't as good as expected. Then I read that The Bahamas has a protectionist policy on imports of chicken so maybe competition for quality chicken is locked out? I have no answer to this except that this chicken wasn't up to par. The service was outstanding. I would like to try again and hope a Bahamian politician reads this to rediscover the benefits of lowering protectionism on chicken!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JTFLORIDA
Mill Bay, Canada
“Quiet, Popular with Locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice choices on the menu, all of excellent quality, more on the homely style rather than resort pretentious, good value.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank 123Phil
PA
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here. The staff was very accommodating. The waiter answered our gazillion questions paitiently. The food was just as ordered and very tasty. Nice little place that had neat art pieces decorating the place. All had a story. Would visit again!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank txgirlinpa
“Amazing island curry and family friendly decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were looking for something local,family friendly, and not the usual bland food. This place fit the bill. A 15 min walk from the Sheraton was well worth it. We had our three little boys with us...and the staff was very accommodating. Ordered the indigo salad, fish sticks, and chicken curry...all fantastic. Avoid the house red...best meal we have had in the carribbean.

2 Thank trihoo