“great time”

Sea Lion Encounter at Blue Lagoon
Ranked #36 of 130 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Informative and interactive personal tour with the seal lions. Pricey, but worth the money for a once in a lifetime adventure. Spend the rest of the day on the beach and have a great lunch!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"photos"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2012

lots of fun interaction with the sea lions great trainers worth the price,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I were really looking forward to this activity and were not disappointed. We did the sea lion and dolphin encounter. Maggie the sea lion was super sweet and quite funny. Cliffton the dolphin was fun as well! We got to hug, kiss, pet, and pose with each of them. It was fantastic. Between activities we hung out on the beach where there were tonnes of hammocks... which made the experience that much better. The information session was great, and taught us quite a bit about both of them.
The best is knowing that it is an all natural lagoon (with fences to keep them safe) but trainers let the little guys do as they please! Maggie was more interested in swimming, but when she was ready she came back for more tricks and attention.

2  Thank Rate_it360
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We visited the Sea Lion encounter on March 23, 2012. Couldn't have asked for a better time, weather was perfect, staff was wonderful and the sea lion we had was personable and fun. We started the day off with a boat ride out to Blue Lagoon, nice ride and beautiful views. We arrived at the Island 30 minutes later and headed to the sea lions. We were 1st given an education on the sea lions, it was very informative and well done. We all got to have our picture taken with our sea lion Maggie she was a ham. My 8 year old daughter was nervous at first but Maggie made her feel more comfortable as the visit went on. After the picture we all got into the water, it was a group of 7 of us, we had 3 in our party and the rest were strangers to us. Getting into the water was a bit chilly but well worth it. We stood on a platform and Maggie was righ in front of us and interacted with each and everyone. We got hugs and kisses from her while they were taking video and pictures. All in all it was about 30 minutes in the water with our sea lion and she was just a sweetheart but funny too. After the encounter you can head over to the beach and play on some inflatables in the water, my daughter loved this. I headed over to view our pictures and they were absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this attraction, it was so much fun for myself, my 8 year old daughter and my 62 year old mom. I would come back and try the dolphin encounter or swim next time, I had that good of a time.

4  Thank allibaba2004
See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were on the March 10th sailing of the Norwegian Epic which stopped in Nassau before returning to Miami.

Weeks before the cruise, I read all the reviews, posted by previous passengers, on the tours sponsored by the cruise line. For some reason, no one was that impressed with the dolphin experience but everyone raved about the sea lion encounter even though both are at the same Blue Lagoon Island attraction. So we booked the sea lions through the cruise line at $144 per person. That was our ONLY mistake.

The experience is great as the title of my review states. However, after the fact, I learned that we could have booked it directly with Blue Lagoon at $90 a person. They pick up at the cruise dock and Paradise Island. I can't imagine why they would not pick you up from the cruise dock if you booked directly with them. But if they say they must pick you up from Paradise Island, you will still save close to $100 (after taxi fare) for 2 people by booking direct.

The sea lion encounter is limited to 10 people so it is a small enough group to actively participate and ask questions of the trainers. You get to touch them, they hug you, they kiss you, they splash you. You are with them between 20 and 30 minutes, supervised at all times so its not like free play with them. Still it was a wonderful experience.

Just realize, you spend more time getting to and from the Island and waiting in the gift shop to be sold overpriced photos and videos of YOU with the sea lions (NO picture taking allowed), than time actually with them. However, it is still well worth it.

Even at $144 a person, it was money well spent. But book directly for $90 and it will be a bargain and a memory forever.

I didn't see anything equipment that would allow for a wheelchair bound person to be lowered into the water. Maybe they have such, but best to check before booking. Also, there are steps to navigate to get on and off the boat so check to see if they can handle a wheelchair.

10  Thank William W