“Great Lunch In Nassau”

Ranked #33 of 290 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wanted to try a lunch in Nassau away from our all inclusive. Hotel staff told us the 'Fish Fry' was the place to go. We got talked into the Andros by the waitress outside. We were not disappointed. My wife and I split a conch salad and the broiled sea food platter (Shrimp, grouper lobster, peas and rice, cole slaw and baked mac and cheese). I was the right amount for a lunch (maybe a little too much, but that's OK.)

Service was good and the food great! A quick review of neighboring resistants showed the cost at Andros more than competitive.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wandered here while checking out the fish fry. Plenty of restaurants to choose from but the food here was superb. Get the conch salad. Worth the wait as its freshly plucked from the ocean and chopped up on the spot for you. I ordered hot wings with grilled lobster, plantains, rice and peas (pigeon peas) all my favorites on one plate and so well made. So many locals, always a good sign. The staff was accommodating and gracious. Go here. You won't regret it.

1  Thank EdnaMarisela
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am so glad we checked out the Fish Fry area! Thanks to TA reviews, I was led to Andros. We took a cab from Atlantis, which was about $18. When we arrived our cab driver tried to direct us to another restaurant and other workers were trying to lure us into other places, but we stuck with Andros! The best sign when we walked in was that about half of the place was locals (always a good thing!) and the other half tourists. It's not a fancy interior by any means, very basic....but it's all about the food here, not the atmosphere.

Our waitress was great. The menu had plenty of options and the prices were incredible, especially after spending a day or two in Atlantis. For example, a bottle of water at Andros was $1 and a bottle at Atlantis was $3.75. Of course, we wanted to start with conch fritters, but unfortunately they were out of batter! So we decided to order our meals first and our waitress would bring the fritters when they were ready.

I had the grilled grouper, which came with 3 or 4 large pieces of meat, seasoned to perfection. I chose mac and cheese, coleslaw and lettuce & tomatoes as my sides (it's just salad, comes with ranch dressing on the side). I believe this meal was $22 and it was SO much food! My husband had the lobster. It was unlike any other lobster he has had. The lobster was removed, cooked & seasoned and then put back in the shell. It was amazing and he went crazy over the mac and cheese. We both loved our dishes and the sides were good too. Finally the fritters came out piping hot! Reminded us of a hush puppie type of batter, they were great, loved the dipping sauce. I couldn't believe how large the serving was, about 10 huge fritters for $3!!!

Our meal came to about $50, cab rides there and back were $40. Even if you spend $100 total for a couple you are most likely spending less than you would be at Atlantis and you are experiencing a little Bahamas local flavor. My recommendation is to definitely check it out!

2  Thank JodyNU3
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A place frequented by the "locals" (always a good sign) with friendly and helpful waitstaff who are genuinely happy you're there. Entrees are large (two can share a plate) - conch fritters and grouper were excellent!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We always come here for our touch of home when we come back to Nassau to visit family. Portions are huge! Always leave with a take out container. Everything is fresh and seasoned well.