“Best Local Food at The Fish Fry”

Andros The Fish Fry
Ranked #33 of 289 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just returned from Oh Andros and what a meal I had. Try the whole fish(includes the head) with rice and peas. We also had the conch Fritters as an appetizer. The service can be a little slow at rush times but have no fer the meal is cooked to order and nothing sits under a heat lamp. This is why the place is such a local favorite.

1  Thank tracy8358

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped at Oh Andros after spending time at the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. My husband loved the whole grilled snapper - was raving about it the rest of the trip! The rice and beans that came with were mighty tasty as well. The Sky Juice is refreshing and tasty from the bar and our server recommended we try the local soda, Goombay Punch, which was also tasty. I had the Grouper Fish Fry snack and it was awesome. We left stuffed and were glad we picked this fish fry out of the entire bunch along the beach. A must-stop in Nassau.

1  Thank moxiegretl
Reviewed January 12, 2013

More locals than tourists the night we were there. Food was good not great. Enjoyed having a local beer and watching cricket. Get the guava duff for dessert and they'll think you are Bahamian.

2  Thank ColonelTim
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went with friends for lunch on a Saturday, got seated right right away. Service was good, but they definitely were "on island time" there! The food is worth the wait though, especially the fried Grouper. Super fresh, light coating, perfectly fried. The portions are huge- my husband and I split the grouper dinner. Peas and rice were yummy, as was the coleslaw, and Mac-n- cheese. My friend had the lobster, and it was delicious too! Prices reasonable, atmosphere casual. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank RedpepperPam
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate here twice. This is where the locals eat and we know why. food is delish. tasty. did the red snapper which was excellent and the conch fritters were great also. yummy pork too. I did the veg sides and all were good. the service was good if a bit slow. very affordable. would definitely return if in nassau.

2  Thank KI_TA2000