“Part of our Bahamian Food Tour”

Bahamian Cookin' Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 276 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bahamian Cookin Restaurant & Bar is Nassau's oldest Bahamian Restaurant,specializing in authentic Bahamian Cuisine.Owned and operated by 3 generations of Bahamian women, this local establishment has been providing Bahamians and tourists with flavorful Bahamian Cuisine for over 29 years.
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
“Part of our Bahamian Food Tour”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food was great! We enjoyed hearing about the history of the restaurant and the family from our Bahamian Food Tour guide.

“Awesome Homestyle Cooking!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm so glad my husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try. After a long day of shopping and cruising the city, this was definitely the break we needed. Air conditioning was working full blast and the food and service was awesome. Not many customers. However, made it better being in an establishment without tons of tourists. I can't say enough about the food. Must try the Steam Pork chops on the menu. Conch fritters were my favorite. Recommend this restaurant to anyone who happened to visit this town.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Raysa R
Raleigh
“Best food in Nassau for the week that I was here!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to my bf and I by our jitney driver: Phil, and it did not disappoint! We got the steamed conch and the mutton. It was by far the best food I had the entire 7 days that I've been here. The plantains were delish as well. We also got the Bahama Mama and piña colada drinks which were also fantastic. If my hotel weren't so far away, I would have went here everyday!

3 Thank Pauerful1
Crawley, United Kingdom
“feed me!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Loved the food here and the mini waitress we had, a great family owned and run business which proves popular with the locals so always a great recommendation!
loved loved loved the food and the casual atmosphere...a great lunch spot

3 Thank Sara E
Weirs Beach, NH
“Local cooking”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We wanted to taste what bahamians have enjoyed and this restaurant seems to provide just that. Very clean, close to shopping area. Friendly staff and owners. Food is prepared to give u a sample of island cooking. Good job.

1 Thank nhmotelguy