“Wonderful!!”

Ranked #7 of 286 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Bahamian Cookin Restaurant & Bar is Nassau's oldest Bahamian Restaurant,specializing in authentic Bahamian Cuisine.Owned and operated by 3 generations of Bahamian women, this local establishment has been providing Bahamians and tourists with flavorful Bahamian Cuisine for over 29 years.
Melbourne, Florida USA
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ate here on the Bites of Nassau Food Tour offered by ShoreTrips - not a ship - and the food was WONDERFUL!!

1 Thank SUSANINFLORIDA

Melbourne, Florida
“"Wow Conch Fritters!"”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Yes, these are the best Conch fritters of the Bahamas! The real thing, prepared fresh, with just enough spice to start your taste buds jumping!

1 Thank Frank G
“Good bahamian cooking”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went here on a food tour and it was awesome. The macaroni was to die for, I have had conch fritters at other places, but his was the best. Want some good cooking try Bahamian cookin.

2 Thank viraduck
Florence, Mississippi
“Small town home cookin-Bahamian style!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the first place I tried conch fritters! Thanks to the great cooking, I enjoyed 3 additional orders elsewhere during our 1 week stay. The owner was glad to take a photo with my husband and I. She pulled us in close & tight and really made us feel welcomed!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank M G
New York City, New York
“Ate on a whim; loved it”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in Nassau for a few hours as a cruise stop. Wound up being led to Bahamian Kitchen on a whim because a friend was starving, I didn't want any typical "touristy" fare, and I needed a break from cruise food.

Long story short, we loved everything about the restaurant. I was a bit skeptical after being led down a back street, but the restaurant is awesome. Clean; friendly and helpful service; killer location. I had the stewed chicken, my girlfriend ate the barbecue chicken, and our friend had fried grouper. We started with the conch fritters and drank Kalik Lager.

The group's favorite was probably the barbecue chicken, though the conch fritters were great as well. Grouper was light and not at all greasy. Try the plantains as a side.

• Visited August 2013