“Fish and Beer”

Ranked #29 of 289 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place was recommended by a taxi driver who gave us a free ride, which probably means the restaurant was paying him. In any event, my friend wanted some fish and I wanted a cold Kalik Gold. The beer was cold, not available on our cruise ship and was cheaper than the beer on the ship. My fish sandwich was loaded with, I believe mustard and mayonnaise? I tossed the bread, scraped the stuff and added tabasco. The fish was undercooked. My friend said her seafood platter was okay. Initial service was good as we were seated quickly and provided food menus -- no drink menus were provided -- I got them from another table. Our drink and food order was taken quickly. They were very slow in checking in on us for another drink. Next time I will try another restaurant on West Bay Street.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you like fresh seafood, specifically conch, in a laid back atmosphere (re: waterside shack) this is your place. I still dream about the food.

1  Thank haze1310
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We made a stop while vacationing at a neighboring resort. We decided to sit outside and started off with fresh made daquiries. Neither of us drink mixed drinks but were given free samples and were hooked by the fresh fruit and smooth rum. They didn't dump in cheap rum like the resorts do. We were offered free samples of conch fritters but those never made it to the table. We shared a combo plate of lobster and grouper fingers which also came with two sides. We chose plantains and cole slaw. Everything was delicious. In hindsight we wished we would have ordered the lobster grilled versus fried but it was still very good. Large enough plate to share and not leave hungry. Slightly spendy overall as our bill was $58.00. As others have mentioned, service was very slow.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

4 of us took a cab from Paradise Island for dinner on a Saturday night. When we got out of the cab, a woman with a menu from the Fish Fry started talking to us about the food and drink prices. We walked away from her initially but ended up trying the restaurant. We were the only people in the restaurant- later one other group came in. We were told the dishes they did not have. Our food was okay, beers on the menu were all $3.00. We did enjoy the conch fritters, rest of our food was okay- couldn't eat the rice and beans side dish (too crunchy and dry). When the check arrived, all of the beer prices were $4.00 each, and our meals were not the advertised menu prices. The service charge was included. My husband questioned the beer prices and they agreed to change them to the advertised price. If you eat here (and I wouldn't recommend it) CHECK THE PRICES ON YOUR MENU AGAINST YOUR CHECK. We had been snorkeling at Stuarts Cove and one of the locals had recommended Oh Andros as the best place to eat. We wish we had stuck with our original plan. Very odd bathroom with a big hole cut in the wall opening to another room.

1  Thank suep58
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lots of drunk people and crowded full of small food shacks, Definitely not the place to bring kids. One establishment showing x-rated movies to drunks sitting out front. Smells like sewer behind the fish fry and that's where they are getting the Conch. The Conch is being scooped out of the sewer. If you look behind the fish fry you will not eat there.

2  Thank John B