“Get the Grouper!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
St. Cloud, MN
“Get the Grouper!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here. He got the grouper and I got the snapper. The snapper was fishy tasting to me but the grouper was very good. Luckily, his was big enough that we could share. He loved the baked macaroni/cheese. I love the rice and peas. It was very good local cuisine. We were told by a couple of the locals that the best grouper on the Island is at Oh Andros and best conch fritters are at Frankie Gone Banannas. We didn't make it to either. On our way back to the bus, we stopped to check out the menu at Oh Andros and it looked very comprehensive and good. The guy out front stated they do not automatically charge a gratuity but we didn't make it back there, especially after finding Milanos Bistro. These places are very small and seating is limited. We waited about 35 minutes for our food, which I didn't think was too bad. On occasion you get a wiff of a "bathroom like smell" not pleasant.

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Fish Fry Mugging!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everyone typically would love to believe that the locals can usually share a tip or a secret that tourists do not know about. A tip that will enhance their vacation experience....well Fish Fry is not one of those experiences....please DO NOT go here or DO go and allow me to say TOLD YOU SO! The location is in a seedy section of the island so definitely do not go at night. Security/Police was non-existent as well. As soon as we exited the cab I knew we were in trouble. A team of locals were aggressively handling us trying to steer us into a particular restaurant which all looked liked tin roofed shanty SHACKS! Once inside, the tables had dirty/moldy plastic coverings, they were plain dirty, the place was terribly unsanitized, the service was NON EXISTENT. The order came out 1.5 hours LATER and was wrong, the second half came out 1 hour later....And the price? $20 bucks for an order of deep fried animal waste....I was so disgusted I took the Styrofoam box it came in and I gave it to a bum on the street. Come on $20 bucks? our bill came out to $300 bucks! That's a typical annual salary of a typical Bahamian! I don’t mind paying through the nose, that’s expected but this Fish Fry is a straight up MUGGING! So I have to believe the locals laugh when they able to steer a sucker into this waste land they call fish fry. I felt very UNSAFE here. Then I had to haggle and fear for my life (not to mention) get HOSED on a cab ride back to the hotel because what other option was there? This is a local cash grab....If you value your safety don't go. If you value good food, don't go! I was so mad I got suckered into going to this place...I can't wait to tell you all I TOLD YOU SO! So please share your experience, I'm curious.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Evan William N
Toronto, Canada
“The Market Restaurant, Arawak fish fry, Nassau Bahamas”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A jitney bus can drop you or a short walk from downtown Hilton Hotel. Many restaurants. Have been to TwinBrothers,
one which is most easterly one & popular (as there are 2 locations) But last visit I attended The Market, a restaurant in a purple two story building, on the water's edge at far west of all the other restaurants. Good food, good value,Lovely patio seating , quieter, and upstairs for a better view.. Good food, great staff, with it's own bathroom facilities which were very clean. Highly recommend a visit.

Richmond, Virginia
“When in Rome.....”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

It's a locals place that welcomes tourists; they want your money. We felt a bit out of place, but we found a decent place to have dinner after being a bit hassled by guys wanting us to eat at their restaurant. We ate at Twin Brothers; had baked chicken with rice & beans & fried plantains.....tasty and a decent price. Definitely check it out when in nassau.

1 Thank Yates26
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Good fresh seafood”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

However, don't go hungry. Go an hour before you are hungry, that way, you won't be upset while waiting. Do walk over to the Daquiri Shack and get a Pina Colada or Miami Vice and bring it back to sip on it while you wait for your food. The food will be good and you will have left overs but you have to wait, and wait and wait. And this is for almost all establishments at the fishfry

Visited June 2012