“Best Pina Colada!”
Review of Lum's Iguana Cafe - CLOSED

Lum's Iguana Cafe
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stop here every single time I'm in Nassau. I stopped here once on my second trip ever and learned they make a great pina colada. They are pricey at about $10 a piece in your smaller plastic solo cup; but, they are so very worth it! The way it is made is so authentic, bursting with flavor and lots of rum but in a way that is an amazing combination on your taste buds that it isn't as strong tasting as you'd think. All I can say is to stop in and try one. You can sit on the upper deck overlooking the second story over Bay Street and people watch. I always tell them I will see them next time! To get there, you must find the liquor store and Bijoux Ternier on Bay Street and go through a shopping area downstairs there to go straight upstairs. I've found their restrooms to be a nice pitstop as well. They will give you a key if you ask.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped in here for a quick snack before heading to the Straw Market for a little shopping, it was a great find! The conch fritters were absolutely delicious, the batter was so unique and there was a ton of meat in each one. The rum cake was also wonderful, fresh and full of rum....just the way you want it! Service was a bit slow, had to seek help and find our waitress in order to pay, but overall this is a place to come back to.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had been there before and the food was okay so it was a no brainier to go back there! Just went there again on a cruise on friday The new owners are trying to specialize in Greek food! You have to ask for the Caribbean food! To add insult to injury our roasted chicken was pink inside and my wife got so sick she could barely walk back to the ship because she was in so much pain. Eventually we made it back and she took a tums and was good. My advice to you guys is take the cab ride down the shore to twin brothers the food is excellent although it takes a long time to come!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I are vegans, which can make eating out a challenge, especially in the Bahamas where most restaurants serve fried fish. We stumbled upon this restaurant our first day there. The waitress was not all that pleasant, however, we were able to find some things on the menu (hummus-our favorite, rice and peas, plantains, fries), all of which were very good. That and some local beer/drinks and we were satisfied, so much, so we returned on our last day. I have to say that our second visit was even better. This time the wait staff was much more attentive and friendly. The location is good, right in the heart of downtown. The main problem with the restaurants, downtown (and this applies to almost all of them that we encountered), they tend to close early, 4:30ish or sooner. I figured it was due to the cruise ship schedules, because they seems to define the town. So, plan to have an early dinner or go for lunch, instead.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We found this restaurant by mistake, and let me tell you, this was NO mistake. We walked right in, sat down, and within seconds, the waitress was there, handing us the menus.

We all (3 of us) decided on the crab cake sandwich, and MAN, we were NOT disappointed !! These sandwiches were out of this world. We had great service, exceptional food, and this was the best crab cake I have ever tried.

This is a must go to if you are in Nassau for the day (probably on a cruise ship, visiting port). It's upstairs, but very nice, and comfortable sitting in.