“YUM !!”

Lum's Iguana Cafe
Montgomery
“YUM !!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We found this restaurant by mistake, and let me tell you, this was NO mistake. We walked right in, sat down, and within seconds, the waitress was there, handing us the menus.

We all (3 of us) decided on the crab cake sandwich, and MAN, we were NOT disappointed !! These sandwiches were out of this world. We had great service, exceptional food, and this was the best crab cake I have ever tried.

This is a must go to if you are in Nassau for the day (probably on a cruise ship, visiting port). It's upstairs, but very nice, and comfortable sitting in.

• Visited October 2012

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Bad fish”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The four of us had lunch at Iguanan Cafe. Decided on the fish platter. That was a great mistake. The food was not good at all, everything deepfried and the fish not as fresh as it should have been. Service poor. Will not be returning

• Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Great location but terrible service”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We are so sad that this place is so terrible, because the patio that overlooks downtown Bay Street is great for people watching. The location is a bit off-putting because there is a guy standing on the street trying to attract people to the restaurant, but this is just because it is quite hard to find -- you have to walk up an obscure staircase). The food was just OK and the services is horrible. After we (two adults, a child and a teen) finished our meal, the server brought the bill. We pulled out a credit card to pay, and the server literally jumped backwards as though she had been burnt! She dramatically exclaimed "Oh no no no! No credit cards here. Just cash, just cash". It was an unpleasant surprise and luckily we had enough cash on us. At other restaurants, such as Andros at the Fish Fry, the server informs us up-front that they don't take credit. If you want to enjoy the view from the patio, then it is worth going here, but be prepared for terrible service!

• Visited August 2012
Nassau, Bahamas
“hidden treasure in the heart of Nassau”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Firstly I must say our Server Lolita was excellent and attentive though not overbearing. All the staff were smiling the whole time.

The location is kind of out of the way but well worth the look. turn through by harley davidson downtown nassau and walk into that plaza. you will see the sign overhanging the plaza as you near bay street. it is upstairs and there is no elevator. When you get inside the place is perfectly cool, no freezing a/c and not too hot. Considering the sweltering temp in the Bahamas it was excellent.
our server came over almost immediately.

We had the mushroom burger 9comes with salad and fries) and the BBQ burger (fries only).
Alma only had water, but I had the Ice Tea. A nice innocent iced tea, no funny flavors or anything.

The savory mushroom burger was perfect and the lettuce and tomatos on the side were nie and fresh. The BBQ burger was delicious and the slice of pineapple on the burger added an excellent touch.
There was dining on the terrace overlooking downtown Nassau, but we ate inside.
I did not use the restroom, but it is one of those carry the key on a stick deals.

I loved it. I wish I had found my way in sooner.

• Visited July 2012
Middletown, New York
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon and visited downtown. We stopped at this restaurant to have lunch and were not treated well at all. The waitress acted as if she didn't want to be there. We gave her our order and tried asking a few questions which were dismissed and she walked away. We shared a meal and asked for a 2nd plate. She never returned to our table to ask if everything was all right which it clearly wasn't. When she returned with the plate it was dirty. I wanted to walk out immediately... go somewhere else such as "Fish Fry" where they have several restaurants. I highly recommend "Candies"... very friendly and economical. Very disappointed with Lum's. Will never go there again.

• Visited June 2012