“My favorite restaurant at the Cove”
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Mesa Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Frisco, Texas, United States
“My favorite restaurant at the Cove”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a fabulous treat. Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill was my favorite meal during this trip. The restaurant is on property at The Cove. The margaritas were yummy. They have a full menu of margaritas with some interesting/different choices. The food was very good. The atmosphere was awesome.

Visited October 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Relaxing and Delicious”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had dinner twice during our recent stay at The Cove; once was a spur-of-the-moment dinner and once with reservations. Without reservations, they seated us almost immediately. Wait staff were friendly and attentive; food was very good. I would definitely recommend. Since we were there in a slow month, reservations weren't necessary, but during high season, they are surely recommended, and probably needed!

• Visited October 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Ok”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Atlantis, and you don't want to leave Atlantis go to Mosaic, it is a buffet but the food is great and more reasonable than MESA.

If you do want to leave the grounds go to the fish fry and try O Andros. It was my favorite meal in the Bahamas. I got the whole snapper fresh off the boat, with 3 side dishes for $12. The side dishes were awesome.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have to start by saying I am not a fan of southwestern food so I am not crazy about Mesa Grill. Though I am a fan of Bobby Flay's. We had a party of 5 and my wife and our friends loved the food. They stated that it was incredible. We found the staff to also be incredible. They were very nice, had great personalities and were constantly checking on us. Mesa is very expensive though and maybe that is to be expected. Our bill including a moderate tip of 15% (their standard) was around $550. But we did tip extra because again, service was incredible !! We will go back.

• Visited October 2013
“What we expected”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Both the food and service were above average (both probably deserving 3.5 stars). I started with a jalapeño margarita that was good but not great. Instead of jalapeño infused simple syrup, there was a piece of jalapeño in the drink. Wine selection was also average and overpriced compared to other places on the island. I guess I expected that at Atlantis though.

Five of us had the ceviche, pancake and tuna tartare to start. Portions across the board were generous. The pancake and ceviche were the most flavorful while the tartare (which seems to be on every menu on Paradise Island) was average. We asked the waiter for entree suggestions and he didn't disappoint. The pork tenderloin was one of the most flavorful and tender preparations I've had recently. It was also cooked perfectly. The mahi mahi and grouper were also flavorful and prepared well, although the grouper was a bit over cooked. The final member of our party had a sirloin steak that was nothing special and extra pricey.

Dessert was a highlight for me. I ordered the banana cream pie, which arrived as two cookies with some type of banana pudding in between them with whipping cream. Despite my lack-luster description, it was delicious. The toffee pudding was actually pudding instead of a cake and tasted as if it was boxed.

Overall, it was what we expected: pricey and above average food at a large resort. Would I return? Probably given the dining options in large resorts like Atlantis all serve up the same impersonal theatrical-like experience.