“Great Meal at Mesa!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Columbia, MD
“Great Meal at Mesa!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great food...it IS expensive, but most of the options at Atlantis are so I didn't feel like it was that much more than some of the other restaurants on site. Our table split a number of appetizers, none of them blew me away, but they were tasty. The crab & corn chowder was great though! I ordered the pork tenderloin, which is something I never order, but based on the positive reviews I had to try it and I loved it! It was a big portion, cooked perfectly, served with the sweet & smokey sauces. My husband had the strip steak and it was also cooked perfectly. My favorite part of the whole meal was my sweet potato tamale. It was incredible, tasted like a sweet potato cornbread, delicious!! We got the dessert sampler so we could try a lot of things. Our favorites were the coconut cake and the strawberry/blackberry shortcake. I usually love churros, but I just wasn't crazy about these. Overall, it was a great experience. For those worried about dress, it was less dressy than I thought....nice jeans were fine, a lot of guys wore jeans or shorts with sandals or boat shoes. A lot of women wore dresses, but I saw plenty of jeans too.

• Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“A good discovery for seasoned Nassau travelers”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was a rainy, coolish Saturday night in Paradise and we (2 adults) were staying at the Cove at Atlantis. I hate formula hotel, expensive restaurants as a rule. But it was dreary and we had never tried the Mesa Grill, just an elevator ride away. Of course, we weren't the only ones in the packed hotel thinking about going, and it looked like we were the only ones without a reservation. But, instead of waiting 45 minutes, I noted that there were people eating in the bar area and a couple left a small table after about 10 minutes. Denitra, the bar waitress assured us that we could have the same menu and it was on. The good: drinks were good sized, the food very creative and service competent and with a smile though it was very crowded until about 11:00. The bad: the place is noisy and expensive. We had the grouper and the shrimp, with a side of spinach. The coconut cake dessert was scrumptious and enough for 3. I especially had no complaints when I could just stroll around a bit and just take an elevator home. I recommend this place if eating close to home is important and you don't want to go to Mosaic again.

1 Thank Daniel H
New York City, New York
“Are you kidding?”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've eaten in the Mesa Grill in NYC and it's very good. The Nassau version of this restaurant is an embarassment and a rip off. The margarita tasted like it was poured out of a bottle bought in a gas station mini-mart. The Chille Rellenos were filled with something that can only be described a guck. The appetizers were mediocre. The service was mediocre. Iif you're looking for a flashy, famous-name restaurant serving second (third) rate food at $$$$ prices, this is your place.

1 Thank Gregg M
Momalita
“The best”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our friends wanted to go here- and I had some reservations b/c of the celebrity chef and the prices of the entrees. Boy, was I surprised.
Everything was superb- Our friends soup was great, my husband and I shared a chicken/shrimp tamale which was seasoned well and quite tasty.
For our main course, I had the tuna (great) and the other diners had the pork tenderloin and the steak. Everyone was happy with their meals.
The service was great and I thought about returning another night.

Ajax, ontario
“Fabulous”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Everything was great: food; service; atmosphere. This was our favorite restaurant at Atlantis by far. Our kids had lots to choose from especially our 10 year old who tends to prefer 'plain',

Visited October 2012