“I was expecting a 5 star experience, I got a 3+ experience, I will not be going back”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Ranked #16 of 295 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The service did not meet my expectation. The food was delicious but no wow factor. I deliberately sat at the sushi bar to be engaged with the chef and the food but I could have easily been at any strip mall sushi bar and had the same experience. The staff was not engaging, interested and lacked simple knowledge about the food they were serving. When we asked what the best experience would be to sample Nobu the response was " just pic random items off the menu " even the sushi chef said "don't order the special dinner" your better off just picking random items. There were no sake recommendations, no food recommendations.. simply got the response "oh, is this your first time at Nobu?". As someone who is a self proclaimed sushi fanatic I wasn't impressed. However all of the food we did eat was tasty and delicious.. as it should be at a place like Nobu, right?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited Nobu on a recent stay in Nassau and while the service was very attentive and friendly, the prices were just too high. Two tiny bite sized shrimp and lobster tacos were $18 USD. We shared a fish dish which was very tasty and some garlic vegetables that were flavourful as well. but overall, I just don't feel like it was money well spent.

I wouldn't make a point of returning on a future trip.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I dined at Nobu when we were there in September 2013. For appetizers my wife had the mushroom soup and I had the eel and cucumber roll. I also had to try the sea urchin. Everything was great. For dinner she had the grilled rib eye steak and I had the arctic char, both were absolutely fantastic. It is a bit expensive but in my opinion worth it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The ambience is excellent, the food even better. Everything is a la carte and a dinner for 2 costs at least $100 without alcohol. The tempura vegetables were very tasty (sweet potato, zuccini, onions and peppers) - although I didn't really like the fishy taste of the dipping sauce. Try their spicy mayo for dipping, quite tasty. There were two of us for dinner, we had the chilean sea bass with teryaki sauce, cooked to perfection and the tempura dinner. The tempura dinner has the same veggies mentioned above with 3 shrimp, I would highly recommend it for someone that doesn't like fish or sushi. We did not have sushi during this visit but people at the tables next to us did and were very happy with the selection and quality of their order. Overall, excellent dining experience and I would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I've always been "meh" on seafood before, but that was before Nobu. Though expensive, the black cod miso was honestly the best food I've ever put in my mouth. Great service. Make a reservation so you aren't disappointed.