“Used to be better”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Poop Deck many times and have found that each time I return, I am less and less satisfied. The portions are smaller, food is mediocre and service is lacking. There are much better options on the Island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Three of us ventured over to the Poop Deck on a recent Friday night. Unfortunately, the food was extremely dissapointing - overrcooked mahi mahi, tasteless conch fritters, greasy crab cakes - and the service was indifferent. We won't go back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I rarely write anything so bad about any restaurant, but boy was The Poop Deck
not what I expected. The locals don't go to this place because first of all the place
is way outdated. The service wasn't that great. The food was not fresh. Fish and
shrimps were cooked from frozen. The last thing about this place is that it's very,
very expensive. On a scale of 10, I would rate this place a 2 on 10. Don't waste
your money and time on this place.

1  Thank MAINENERGY
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to there last night as recommended by the concierge at Atlantis. We said we wanted to go somewhere "off campus" that was on the water and a bit casual. I guess we didn't specify that we wanted good food.
The food and service were poor. Because there was a large party I could understand the poor service, but not the food and drinks.
My wife ordered a glass of Chardonnay and was given something that wasn't and tasted watered down. She didn't complain but we are connoisseurs of inexpensive wine (if you know what I mean). I had a gin and tonic and it also was weak. I guess the lesson is stick to Kalik.
As far as the food is concerned I had chicken and it was good but my wife had Mary's Special (or something like that) and it was not good. On the night we dined they were out of Salmon and Mahi so my wife settled on one of the specialty items and was disappointed.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

No kids menu but kids were able to order the regular stuff from the appetizer list (chicken fingers)
If you order water it's bottled water ($)

We stayed at atlantis and walked there and back from the coral towers. Not a bad walk. Kids were distracted by the distance because of the cool scenery. To get there from the coral towers walk over the outgoing bridge. Turn left. It's a white building on your left. Need to go up a flight of stairs to the restaurant and bar.

The seating has large open windows all along the water. Overlooks the water where there are docked boats, fishing pier. Not exceptionally attractive view but lots to look at.

For 2 kids to eat plus 2 adult meals, 2 kid drinks and 2 alcohol drinks bill was around $100- food and prices definitely better than atkantis. Apparently a lot of celebrities go there- autographed menus hanging all over walls. Gratuity is included in the bill.
I gave it a 4 bc the bathroom wasn't that clean.