“Great time, great people, definitely a must!”
Review of The Poop Deck

The Poop Deck
Ranked #14 of 295 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My fiancé and I walked from our cruise ship (I would recommend cabbing it!), but it was well worth it. We went for lunch and drinks, and we loved it. Not only were the food and drinks great, but we had so much fun. The bartender was great, he made suggestions for lunch, all of which were great. It was my first taste of conch, the fritters are delicious! He also gave us a little lesson on rum, complete with a tasting which my fiancé loved. He made the experience for us! The poop deck will be our first stop next and every time we're back on the island!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We dined here for a Sunday lunch with friends. The fresh fish selection was grilled exactly as we asked. They have some of the best conch salad on the island. This is now one of our favorite lunch places in Nassau.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We go there almost every year and are never disappointed but never blow away either. There are many celebrity photos hanging about but I think that was before there were so many other options. But...with all those options the Poop Deck remains so they are doing something right. Being form the northeast I tend to shy away form places on the water as the view often out performs the food. But the Poop deck offers pretty good "clam shack" type stuuf though you do pay for it. Not a bargain but there are worse places to spend your money. I think they have a decent happy hour too...

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Many local Bahamians eat at the Poop Deck because they are usually consistant with the quality of their fare. The ambiance is good as you are seated to overlook Nassau Harbour and Paradise Island. Menu is varied from conch salad to Grouper Fingers, to steamed chicken and more. I have recently been somewhat disappointed in the Grouper fingers; if you offer Grouper on the menu, then you should be serving Grouper...not some other type of fish, made to look like grouper. (Many people won't know the difference, but we who live here definitely know.) The lobster and fresh fish on ice are very expensive. It's usually a $40-50 dinner by the time you have an appetizer, main course and dessert. Still, it is a favorite of the locals, service is good, and Bahamian.

1  Thank bookalukus
Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's a cool environment...and the seafood is fresh...
You will want to try the local favorites like conch
soup or fried conch...and the cocktails are cool and
so refreshing! When you get pooped from sight seeing in
Nassau stroll over the The Poop Deck for your gin and tonic,
local beer, or just relax and enjoy the food.