“What a surprise”

Ranked #22 of 313 Restaurants in Nassau
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been going to the Bahamas for years and this is the first time I ever went to Montagu Gardens to eat.They sent a cab to our hotel to pick us up (free),brought us to the restaurant and then brought us back to our hotel.Again free.Our driver,Oscar was a lot of fun and very knowledgeable,he gave us the whole menu verbally before we even got there.
I figured this was going to be costly but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the menu,it was very reasonable.
The ribs,coconut chicken,and the ribs were excellent.
Try it you will like it.

2  Thank gary s

Reviewed September 12, 2013

So based on other Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to have dinner at Montagu Gardens. Oscar picked us up, he was SOOO SOOO nice and so was our server, Aneel. The prices at this restaurant were super reasonable...to give you an idea, we purchased a bottle of sauvignon blanc for $22, something that would have been outrageous (I'm sure) at the Atlantis where we were staying. We found EVERYTHING to be delicious....hell, I could have just had the whole basket of parmesan bread that they hand out, it was warm and really good. The first night was so good, we made reservations to go back the next (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!). We had the grouper, the conch fritters, the grilled shrimp, and last but not least, the Guava Duff (I considered licking the plate, it was that good).
Anyway, lovely place, lovely people...AND they pick you up. It was a no-brainer to me.
Thank you all so much for making dinner such a fantastic experience while at the Bahamas!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband I and read the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. Oscar did provide transportation to and from the Atlantis which is a very nice service.The food was awesome. We both had the grouper and the conch chowder which were both really good.we also tried the guava duff which was also very good. Very reasonable cost for excellent food and service.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great food, great prices AND they send a van to pick you up and return you back to your place. It is over the bridge but not a long ride. Try it you'll like it!!!

1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful meal, and Montagu Gardens had exceptional service, exceeding our expectations not once, but twice! Oscar was great, and we'll definitely come back next time we're in town.

1  Thank Jeffrey H