“EXCELLENT FOOD!”

Montagu Gardens Steak & Grill
Ranked #26 of 276 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT FOOD!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just got back from Atlantis. We had dinner at Montague Gardens twice during our visit. I wish I had known about this place earlier in our visit. I would have gone every night!!! They pick you up from your hotel and bring you back for free! With the cost of taxis, this was very appealing to get a free ride to a restaurant OFF the Atlantis property where you are paying an arm and a leg for food! Oscar, our driver, picked us up promptly. He was very entertaining during our ride to the restaurant. We weren't sure what to expect at the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. It was a very charming place, a former home turned into a restaurant. We were served hot garlic bread slices. (My daughter's favorite thing about the restaurant). The menu offered tons of choices. In fact, I had a hard time choosing, everything looked good! I ended up getting Coconut Chicken the first time and Ribs the second time. My husband ordered the Lobster Tail both times! My daughter ordered the Chicken Fettuccine both times. All of our food was delicious! I definitely recommend Montague Gardens to everyone!!! You won't regret it! The prices are refreshing compared to the restaurants at Atlantis!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank karray42

Boston, Massachusetts
“A real gem with excellent food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Easily the best resteraunt in Nassau and/or Paradise Island. The decor was beautiful-soft peach colors, elegant, and comfortable. The service was excellent too. Food was superb. We had steaks and ribs that were mouth watering. The bill for 4 of us was just over $100 including drinks. We were picked up and returned to our hotel on Paradise Island at no cost to us too. Oscar, the taxi driver, was gracious and courteous and made our expeience even better. Fabulous experiencee overall and a must visit for all visitors to Paradse or New Providence Islands.

• Visited October 2012
Crown Point, Indiana
“Great Meal”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ate there for dinner and kept going back couple times during our stay, great meals and service every time. Love it. make sure you go there, you will not be disatisfied.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank surfermanmauai
“Inexpensive good food.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place was the home of Sir Stafford Sands. It is a wonderful place in dire need of some fixing up. The architecture is fascinating. The location is great. You can see the evidence of faded finery in a time gone by.

This place has "regular" food. It isn't gourmet, but it isn't bad. It is a go-to place in Nassau where you can get a decent meal, and not spend a fortune. Increasingly in Nassau, restaurant prices have gone sky-high and this place holds the line.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TechLord
“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We chose Montagu Gardens because they offered free round trip transportation from our hotel on Paradise Island. It is quite expensive to take taxis to Nassau. We will return because the food was good, the atmosphere was quaint and the service was excellent. My husband enjoyed the grouper and I chose the rib eye steak which was tender and cooked exactly as I ordered. My husband tipped the waiter off that it was our 1st anniversary
and they surprised us with a big piece of homemade carrot cake with candle and song. Don't miss the homemade coconut ice cream.

Visited September 2012