“If in Nassau, you HAVE to go to this place”

Graycliff Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 286 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: French, Bahamian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Graycliff Restaurant's cuisine epitomizes elegance in the finest continental and Bahamian tradition with a menu that is both tasteful and distinctive.The secret recipes at Graycliff have set its reputation in the hallmark of the rich and famous. Creative culinary innovation has resulted in a variety of sumptuous dishes that is distinctly its own. Bahamian dishes have been creatively transformed into sophistication and refinement with the end result being an international reputation for Bahamian cuisine. Your evening at the restaurant begins as you sink into the depths of a sofa in the parlor with its sophisticated high ceilings and tranquil feeling. Within moments you will peruse the menu, while one of the bar waiters tends to your favorite cocktail. Having placed your dinner order, when your appetizers are ready, you are then escorted to your table to enjoy your meal. PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE A DRESS CODE: ELEGANT (GENTLEMEN MUST WEAR LONG PANTS). The restaurant has five air-conditioned dining rooms. Each room has a special allusion to the era when Graycliff was a private home from the Library to the Gallery, where the family would retire after dinner to play cards.Following dinner you are invited to once again relax and enjoy the rest of your evening with an after-dinner cognac or cigar and live grand piano music every night. Wines, Cognacs, Armagnacs and Ports Graycliff's Wine Cellar is world renowned and the wine list has won the prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award since 1988. The wine cellar has an inventory of over 250,000 bottles from over 400 vintners in 15 countries. Ask the sommelier for a tour of the wine cellar. In addition to the considerable wine inventory, Graycliff also boasts one of the largest selections of Cognacs, Armagnac, Port and vintage malt whiskys. We have a cognateque with a great number of museum pieces bottles. The Graycliff main house was built in 1740 by a reformed pirate. The breathtaking hand painted pool is the first one in the Bahamas and the ruins of the oldest church can still be seen. Graycliff also has a cigar factory on property, a cigar roller at night shows his art in the parlor. During the day a visit to our Chocolatier is a must and you can also take a chocolate complete tour of the factory.
CT
“If in Nassau, you HAVE to go to this place”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this place. My driver told me it was the only 5 star restaurant on the island and very expensive but I figured, what the heck, I am worth it. So my last night in Nassau I went there for dinner. I was not disappointed. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars for value was because it was very expensive. But worth every penny. Best champagne cocktail I have ever had, best souffle I have ever had. Great steak for dinner, service was top notch.

They start by seating you in a living room to mull over the menu and order a cocktail. Once you have placed your order they seat you in the "restaurant" or dining area.

I was told by another solo diner to make sure I saw the gardens behind the house before the sun fully set. Very pretty.

The choice of wines available by the glass was great.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the piano player/singer that night in the other room, Pam. After my meal, I went in and put a tip in her tip jar on the piano and told her that her singing and piano playing enriched my eating experience.

boston ma
“quality did not meet our expectations”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The sirloin was fatty,marginal quality.The lobster was like rubber if you could find any meat in it.The mashed potatoes had the texture/taste of instant.Ordered a $450 bottle of wine that we had to send back since it tasted like vinegar.The waitor spilled gravy on my wifes expensive handbag.We don't mind paying for quality,our issue was we payed for quality and did not recieve it at any point of our meal.Big disapointment.Much better off at Matisse,Luciano's or Seafire.

Athens, Georgia
“Wow! What a night!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We had dinner at the Graycliff on October 1, 2010. It was fabulous! We enjoyed the house cocktail in the lounge before dinner and requested a song (I can't help falling in love with you -Elvis Presley). We then enjoyed dinner on the patio - lamb shank and fetuccine enrico. We skipped dessert, but enjoyed port and cigars in the lounge afterwards. The ambiance is very unique and speical, the staff are so attentive and friendly and it was a night we will remember. But be warned that a not so extravagent meal (we skipped the $62 foie gras appetizer) was over $300 for 2. If/when we are in Nassau again, we will definitely visit the Graycliff!

mississippi
“Graycliff is wonderful! A must visit!”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Graycliff was my wife and my favorite restaurant in Nassau. It reminded me of restaurants in New Orleans. The building is old and has lots of history and character. The food was delicious. From the bread and the apps (Stone Crab Claws were delicious), the filet (perfect) to the Gran Marnier souffle everything was great. The staff was very pleasant and engaging, but did not hover. My wife and I had a great time. Graycliff is now in my top ten favorite restaurants.

miami
“Only a Sandals guest would consider this nice”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

It's not nice that i get to write two reviews at once. Graycliffe is an overpriced ripoff. It starts with a mandatory pseudo elegant pre dinner bar session where you will be strongly encouraged to order an overpriced drink. Then you are brought to the restaurant with it's filthy worn out carpet to select from the very expensive bland overcooked mush.

This restaurant survives on the tourists who are stuck in the all inclusive like sandals or the expensive dining options of Atlantis . They are desperate for a special night out and shell out 4 rimes what an equivalent dinner would coat at home. The sad reality is that for the same money you can dine at the one- and-only ocean club which is truly spectacular.....

2 Thank travlindudeMiami