“A really nice lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dune

Dune
Ranked #33 of 276 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indulge your senses at Dune, a chic restaurant by internationally renowned restaurateur, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Perched atop a white sand beach amidst dramatic ocean views, Dune serves an innovative blend of French-Asian cuisine infused with local herbs and Bahamian influences, offering a truly unexpected dining experience.Dune's British Colonial design was created by famed French interior designer Christian Liaigre, featuring a display kitchen and outdoor patios overlooking the beach. Cocktails, fine vintage wines and champagnes are also served throughout the day at Dune's adjacent beachfront bar.Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“A really nice lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We visited Dune for lunch a week or so ago with some friends and I have to say we really enjoyed it. The setting is superb with a beautiful view over the sea. The service was friendly, welcoming and efficient without ever making us feel we were being rushed.
My wife and I both had the Lobster Burger, which was really excellent and we helped it down with a particularly nice bottle of wine.
We engaged the waiters in a bit of conversation and they were good humoured and really helpful.
The restaurant is quietly elegant with a very pleasant relaxed atmosphere.
Definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013

Hudson, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dune Disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Although the food was good the service was not! Staff very inattentive. We asked them to divide the check by six and charge to our rooms at the Cove. After 40 minutes we left. They charged the bill $1200 to one room! Will not be back. At these prices you expect the complete package and they did not provide it!

• Visited November 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times, and each time is a pure delight. The food is always excellent; the wait staff are friendly and very attentive. The food is fabulous and the ambience is quiet -- which can be romantic or not, depending on your mood!

• Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not sure why all the negativity?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I ate at Dune on a whim while spending 10 days at Atlantis. I really wanted oceanfront dining and surprisingly Atlantis doesn't have that beyond the lunch beach places. We called the concierge the day we were looking to go and they got us a reservation for that night (maybe not recommended but it worked for us?)

We took a shuttle to the Ocean Club and actually found out that the hotel did NOT put our reservation in, but the hostess was pleasant about it and went to check on tables. She came back and asked if we would like to sit in our outside. I chose outside right along the water. Good choice, because the windows I thought were open inside did not seem to be. I can't judge based on that atmosphere because I assume it was much different.

Unfortunately I cant remember our servers names but we had two gentleman who took good care of us even with a few other large tables nearby. I ordered a pasta dish which was surprisingly good and more filling than it looked! Can't remember what my husband had, but we each had a martini and I think the total bill was $109 or something close with grat. added.

I am not a huge foodie, so maybe that is what the other reviewers are basing a lot on. We were staying in the "slow season" at Atlantis - so that is something to keep in mind. However, we had great food, great service, and the location is amazing! If you are looking for something romantic with the ocean atmosphere, I would definitely recommend!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JemmaJoben
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food in the Bahamas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Staying at Ocean Club Dune is one of two restaurants available . Since it was slow season at the hotel, we had to eat all but one night of our stay at Dune. Eating outside during sunset was very pleasant but in October one had to eat early before it became dark.
The food was good but eating inside the restaurant was very noisy as there seemed to be customers from outside the hotel and in large groups. As we were a couple sometimes we were overwhelmed by the noise.

One has to remember that island food is expensive and not always good, Dune food was very good, the rooms were elegant the servers a little over zealous the location charming.

Visited October 2013