“Anniversary Dinner”

Ranked #35 of 286 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: French, Bahamian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Indulge your senses at Dune, a chic restaurant by internationally renowned restaurateur, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Perched atop a white sand beach amidst dramatic ocean views, Dune serves an innovative blend of French-Asian cuisine infused with local herbs and Bahamian influences, offering a truly unexpected dining experience.Dune's British Colonial design was created by famed French interior designer Christian Liaigre, featuring a display kitchen and outdoor patios overlooking the beach. Cocktails, fine vintage wines and champagnes are also served throughout the day at Dune's adjacent beachfront bar.Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We wanted someplace special for our anniversary dinner so we chose Dune. The food was special but the service was subpar - or as my husband noted uninterested. We both had appetizers - heirloom tomatoes and shrimp cocktail which were excellent. My lobster entree was outstanding and my husband's sirloin was okay. The white plate dessert was probably one of the best desserts we have ever eaten! A nice wine list was appreciated. With a better service we would have given this restaurant an excellent rating.

Denver
“Dune is hopelessly romantic!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Reserve an outside table; the ocean is right below you; and the surf is rolling in. Order one of their signature cocktails; then enjoy one incredible plate after another. Yes, the sauces live up to their billing. We had a night cap at the bar, and then strolled to the Cloisters! If this doesn't set the mood, I do not know what will... Only drawback: the pairings were always late to the table.

• Visited January 2013
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Awesomely amazing high end restaurant that is worth every penny, foodwise,servicewise, atmospherewise and otherwise!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A 100% fabulous restaurant, where every menu offering is equally delicious and the service together with the atmosphere never ever disappoints. This restaurant has been consistently an outstanding experience from the day it opened its doors to now.

Georgetown, Massachusetts
“Mouth watering goodness”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We loved the Dune so much we ate there twice on our trip.

The food is spectacular. The hierloom tomato with buretta was a fresh and light start before indulging in seared lampchops with bolognese sauce. Who would have thought to put bolognese on lamb? It melted in my mouth.

The second visit I got parmesan crusted chicken that was so good I almost didn't share. Except my husband got the lamb so I ended up trading a taste.

The service was impeccable and the view was absolutely breathtaking.

Visited January 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Will come back next time”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been directed to Dune after they shut down Café Martinique at the Atlantis. It was a pleasant surprise. First of all because it is inside the Ocean's club and I was happy to see part of Casino Royale 007 scenario and the food was really good. The restaurant proposes a fusion between French and Asian cuisines and the result was very pleasant. I ordered a snapper and my wife had lobster. They were perfectly cooked and the restaurant itself was very pleasant with great service from our friend John. I will definitely come back.

• Visited January 2013