“A gem”

Add it.
Avery's Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 288 Restaurants in Nassau
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's been a while since I've enjoyed this place, but it offers great local and familiar foods at very reasonable prices. Casual, but very friendly.

3  Thank Dusty-traveller
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband said the Cracked Conch was the best he had ever eaten. I had Fried Chicken with peas and rice. Food was awesome and the owner was a retired Royal Bahamian Defense Force Officer and we sat there for an hour just talking with him. It was a great experience and great food at very reasonable prices.

6  Thank bahamasbound13
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I go to Nassau once a year. I have some amazing places for chicken available to me in New York, but there's something about that Avery's seasoning that is out of this world. It is quiet, and until people realize it's there it will remain that way, with only a few local Bahamians hanging out at the bar.

QUALITY meal but you would need transportation as it is 15 minutes from downtown. That may seems a lot on the Island, but I am always driving, and you wouldn't think twice at home for something this good. In 3 years I have eaten at some of the best on the island. Not impressed with most on the list here, I get spoiled with great restaurants and the best seafood in New York and Boston. MESA was pretty good though, but it's not local fare.

6  Thank 1world1mind