“Great Find While Shopping in Nassau”
Review of Athena Cafe & Bar

Athena Cafe & Bar
Ranked #6 of 309 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Bahamian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Bay Street, Athena cafe offers the authentic greek cuisine with a Bahamian flare. Not only you can find the traditional greek favorites here but also Bahamian delicacies such as conch, snapper, grouper and lobster! We are a true, family operated business that want everyone to feel like family as soon as they enter. Have a choice to sit at our cosy bar, our air conditioned dining room or the lively verandah.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our cab driver recommended the Athena Cafe & Bar and she didn't steer us wrong. The restaurant serves authentic Greek fare, including Baklava. Each appetizer - hummus, tzatziki and calamari were prepared exactly like they do in Greece. It was like a side trip to Athens in Nassau. We highly recommend this restaurant - it's right in the shopping district. A great way to take a little break from duty and tax free shopping in Nassau.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently discovered Athena Cafe when on my way to Hard Rock Cafe I noticed a narrow stairway that read "secret bar upstairs" naturally I had to investigate. I found a little horse shoe bar with a bartender named Alex and immediately noticed a master at work, especially on the frozen drinks. I'm normally a beer and bourbon guy but had to try a piña colada and it did not disappoint...A+

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I live in Paradise Island so we have the opportunity to eat here as often as we want. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Nassau. The food is excellent and so is the service. Try the grilled octopus with an iced cold KalIk beer. It's a family affaire....Opa!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and i did not really care for the food in the Bahamas, or foor that manner we did not care for the Bahamas in general. We thought this place was the exception to our overall poor experience in food service while in the Bahamas. The food is amazing! It's a family owned resturant and they treat you like family. The prices were reasonable but the food was exceptional.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Family members of mine who are regulars at Athena's when they visit Nassau invited us out for dinner while we were all visiting the island and we were very happy we decided to join. Since it was the first time most of us ate home-made Greek food we were all left saying WOW!! Their prices were generally reasonable, especially in comparison to many restaurants on the island, and for the service and quality of the food it was definitely worth it! They have many, many choices of appetizers and entrees to fit everyone's taste buds. We were a table of 15 (5 children/pre-teens and 10 adults) all of which truly enjoyed all the Greek food! There is a kid's menu with traditional American options as well, but don't miss out on the truly great Greek food they have to offer! Everything was extremely tasty, the service was excellent- the waiters were very attentive and helpful throughout our entire meal and the owner was also a treat- making sure we had everything we needed and more. I can't wait to go back next time I'm in Nassau! Note that they close at 6:30 PM, seems a bit early, but fit in an early supper for this place! Don't miss out!