“Excellent. Best meal in the last 10 days in the Bahamas.”
Review of Athena Cafe & Bar

Athena Cafe & Bar
Ranked #4 of 288 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Bahamian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Bay Street, Athena cafe offers the authentic greek cuisine with a Bahamian flare. Not only you can find the traditional greek favorites here but also Bahamian delicacies such as conch, snapper, grouper and lobster! We are a true, family operated business that want everyone to feel like family as soon as they enter. Have a choice to sit at our cosy bar, our air conditioned dining room or the lively verandah.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Delicious food, in an extremely clean restaurant, at reasonable price, service could not have been better. I usually do not write reviews, but today's lunch deserves one. Paulo.

1  Thank Pirulegui
There are newer reviews for Athena Cafe & Bar

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great authentic food , smashing service , very good value and really friendly all set in a fabulous elavated position overlooking wonderful Bay St

1  Thank 186siezahedley
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The portions are very generous and delicious. The service is friendly and helpful. They even put a sparkler on my piece of baklava and sang to me.

1  Thank Dave-Marilyn-15301
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Easy to find from the cruise ship, and really good food, great service and friendly staff. The conch fritters were a great starter. We had the grouper gyro and the club sandwich. We split the sandwiches - and had way too much food. Next time we cruise, we will come again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've been there in June, after I've been robbed in my own apartment on an out-island. Well, I've sold my apartment and after 30 years of Bahamas they'll never see me one more time again at this place. The young Bahamians became respectless, nasty, are always drunk or/and high because full of drugs. Waiting for a next flight from Nassau to Europe I went downtown and was really curious to taste Bahamian Greek food. I ordered a Gyros (I was wondering about the price...)... anyhow, it was really fine even it was served in a different way than the Greeks use to do. The owner always was turning around shouting his ridiculous OPA... I could feel that he is not interested in his guests, his interest is their money... I've tried to talk in Greek with him - no way - I think he don't even knows what OPA means!!!! But if the tourists like to be outsmarted... well, it's anyone's own decision if they want to try good but expensive Greek food...