“Great cracked conch!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Covington, Georgia
“Great cracked conch!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to have lunch at "da fish fry" on our last day in the Bahamas. There are several restaurants that make up the fish fry, Twin Brothers is the one we had heard the most about before we got to Nassau, but while on a snorkel tour several people told us that Twin Brothers was overrated. So as we wandered around the fish fry deciding which restaurant to try we were approached by Mr. Happy (no lie! And he was a really happy guy too!) who was trying to direct people to Seafood Haven. He was so engaging that we decided to follow his advice, and I m so glad we did! The service was the best we got during our whole stay in the bahamas, the drinks were strong, the food was plentiful and cooked to perfection... I could have eaten myself sick on their cracked conch! Plus we were on the upstairs balcony overlooking the fishing piers and you could see huge rays swimming just below us... It was the perfect way to end our trip and I would recommend that everyone try Seafood Haven! (Plus, it is apparently the only restaurant at the fish fry with it's own indoor bathroom.... And it was clean!)

2 Thank Katy O

• Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Food New Name”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first food stop when we got to Nassau. They changed the name to Anchorage Market and Seafood Restaurant. They also apparently moved so now they are still in The Fish Fry but in a 2 story bldg overlooking the water. I had the chicken wings which were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Delicious! My fiance had steak and conch, I tasted his steak and it was some of the best seasoned steak I've had in a long time. He said his conch was really good too. I also tried the Bahama Mama & Rum Punch and both were equally good. The service was a lot like everywhere else on the island.............they move on island time.

• Visited November 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Conch salad!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was fun to watch the guys cut up the conch for the salad. they are so talented with the knife!! They make a great Sky Punch, a must try!!!!!

Visited October 2012
Mississippi
“Great food - But slow service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was probably the best I had while on the island....but it took an hour to get it! As long as you are enjoying your vacation on Bahamian time then you'll be good. If you're in a rush, go elsewhere. Try their grouper and fried shrimp...it is to die for!

Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“The grouper was fantastic!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went here after walking all along Arawak Cay and deciding this looked the best. Other highly recommended places are Twin Brothers and Oh! Andrus. This is a good place to see hao the locals hang out and what they eat. We sat outside. My daughter had the steak with onions and mushrooms. She said it was okay. My wife had the grilled Grouper with onions, tomatoes and green peppers cooked in foil. The Grouper was delicious! I had something similar, which was the seafood grill, which in addition to what my wife had included conch and shrimp. It was excellent as well. Probably our favorite meal of the trip so far! Our total meal was about $125 with mandatory 15% gratuity. The wait staff was very nice and helpful and the outside seating was nice as their was a good breeze. Overall, we would recommend. tonight were are going back and probably try either Oh! Andrus or Twin Brothers.

• Visited July 2012