“This place make other water parks look like kiddy pools”

Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis Paradise Island
Aquaventure Oasis at Atlantis with Lunch
Ranked #8 of 76 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquaventure, Atlantis Paradise Island's water park, is a one-of-a-kind 141-acre waterscape with complimentary admission for overnight guests at Atlantis. This non-stop aquatic thrill ride features over twenty million gallons of water, incredible Atlantean-themed towers, thrilling high-speed water slides, a mile-long river ride with rolling rapids and wave surges, 20 swimming areas, a spectacular kids water-play fort and 11 unique and refreshing swimming pools. Aquaventure is connected by a lush, tropical environment that is both immersive and interconnected, and perfect for all vacationers, whether young and older. The water park offers an extreme level of excitement and delivers an "aqua" adventure unlike any other.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Bring sunscreen you will need it. The layout of the slides are awesome and the lazy river is like none we have ever seen before. You can ride a tube up from the river to slides and then end up back in the river. You can do some of the most intense rides anywhere at this park and can come in off of a cruise ship if you want, you do not have to stay at the resort. Get the book "in pursuit of a deal, 5 Star Travel on a 2 Star Budget" if you want to have a better time for less. I use tue principals in that book to save a bundle on all of my traveling.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,848)
All reviews
in 54 reviews
"super fun"
in 61 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After six trips to this place never have a bad experience at the water park. Can't get our kids off this place. Pack small cooler with you for water and snack for the kids. Its cheaper!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I arrived in the Bahamas during the week of 4th of July on a cruise. Having been to Nassau several times we decided to take a taxi ride over to the Atlantis on our own instead of booking the tour through the cruise ship which is less expensive and you are not at the mercy of the tour operator which saves a lot of time. We disembarked the ship as early as possible to make our way over to the resort around 8:30am. The taxi ride to Atlantis is $4US per person each way and there are plenty available to take you to and from the resort. Once you arrive at the hotel, make your way into the casino area and there is a sales desk in the center that offers all types of packages for the day. We paid $140pp and that included the water park, pools, beach, aquarium and the dig. I just want to caution you...the water slides at the Atlantis are extreme and not for the faint of heart... if you have a fear of heights, are claustrophobic or have difficulty climbing stairs this may not be the trip for you. If you are looking for a thrill ride this is the place for you! The lazy river even turns into a fast moving wave pool which was exhilarating but beware I did see some participants thrown off their inner tubes and it is very challenging to get back on them while in the water. The pools are huge and very refreshing, definitely family friendly. Food and beverages are expensive on the property, a bottle of water and a Ziploc bag of sliced fruit will run about $15 US. There are several fast food options for lunch but they are also pricey. I wish we could have spent more time enjoying the park but we had to get back to the ship by 4:30 so we left the resort at 3:00 due to the high traffic in the Bahamas, there were 5 cruise ships in port that day. All in all it was a fun filled day!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came here on a day excursion through a cruise line hoping to experience what we've seen through TV commericals and brochures. I'm glad it was just for the day because if I signed up to stay here for a week's time, I think I would want out after day two. If you are really into casinos, water parks and aquariums, and paying high prices for food and amenities, this may be the place for you and your family. For me, I think I could achieve all the positives from this trip elsewhere and not feel like a prisoner to it. Some other negatives: If it is thundering and raining, forget it if your day was geared for the water park. You are done. Go and visit the fishies and the roulette table. They dont let anyone in the water in those conditions for safety reasons.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It takes about 40 minutes to do a complete circle on "The Current" and it was our favourite water attraction there. We also liked "The Serpent" but it was over faster (It's like a water roller coaster). The Current has lots of moments of excitement (i.e. going through the rapids, or riding the surf/waves) and is really fun. I spent a few hours on it each day we were there. The kids liked the Abyss and the steep slide from the pyramid, but lineups were long. The cruise ship people arrive early and take over the entire park, and all the chairs, which is very annoying. Too many stairs. WARNING: If you have a CHIP credit card, they cannot process them for the lockers -- extremely inconvenient (and antiquated) because they don't take cash and you really do need a locker.