“Restaurant with class”
Review of Mahogany House

Mahogany House
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mahogany House was built on the belief that simple is good. A seasonal menu highlighting native organic ingredients and fresh local fish. Mahogany House is also known for its outstanding artisanal pizzas and distinctive wine list. A space that feels comfortable and real, somewhere that you can either grab a pizza and beer in flip-flops or a classic Bordeaux in Brioni.
Calgary, Canada
“Restaurant with class”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a top class restaurant but no need to dress to the nines. A few men had jackets on but no ties and the woman were dressed casually but more than shorts and T's. The service was great! Pizza was thin crusted and fabulous. Best ceasar salad on the island with large petals of fresh cheese! We sat outside and it was romantic and quiet. inside was a little noisey. The wine was to die for and the wine menu made for interesting reading! Highly recommended and I will definately visit again on my next trip to Nassau.

• Visited January 2013

“Simple - This place is excellent”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I first went to Mahogany earlier this year and loved it. The restaurant has both inside and outside seating, but they are just as happy to let you sit at the bar and eat meaning. They manage to combine formal and informal all in one go. The food is well prepared and very tasty. The menus change sometimes and there are regular specials. The wine list is great to read and there are bottles on there up to $5000 if you like that sort of thing. The wine waiter is knowledgeable and will happily find a wine to fit both the food chosen and the price that you are happy paying. The service is generally great (only one slightly bad experience) and the food and wine store at the front of the premises is well worth a visit. The restaurant can be noisy at times when full but not to the point of it being unpleasant. Well worth a visit (and I have had several)

• Visited October 2012
“Mahogany House”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This has become one of my favorite restaurants in Nassau, great food and nice wine selection, good service. The location is up on the hill near Lyford Cay, not on the water but set in a nice little wooded location. They also have a seperate store you come through from the parking area with wines, cheeses, etc. to go. Indoor and outdoor dinning areas available, if it's cool the patio is a bit more quiet.

• Visited December 2012
NASSAU
“average food in a chic, modern atmosphere”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Mahogany has a beautifully ( tropical) landscaped entrance with a gourmet shop in the front. Great seating in the back and I would highly recommend it for weekend drinks with appetizers. Cheese platter with fresh honeycomb was lovely. I was not so impressed with the entrees. I would definitely return for their house wine, friendly staff and appetizers, but I may skip dinner!

• Visited November 2012
New York
“Hidden Culinary Gem”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Mahogany House was my favorite restaurant we went to in Nassau on our latest trip. Our friends live on the island and just discovered this amazing new restaurant. It was worth the extra drive to eat at this hidden gem! I was very impressed with the chefs skills and the artisan interesting menu. I felt like i was in a 5* restaurant in Miami. We went for my husbands Birthday dinner on a Monday night. It was not busy and we had a lot of attention from the waiter and even the chef. The lighting is warm and tastefully done and wine bottles are racked up along the walls.
The prices were not low, but I've seen higher at other restaurants on Paradise Island.
I ordered the heirloom tomato toasted bread as an starter and the snapper entree. Both were very flavorful and fresh and had many local vegetables. Everyone was very happy with their meals. We got a bottle of Malbec off the menu that was slightly cheaper than the wine list. They recently raised the bottle prices.
My husband loved the fresh snapper ceviche starter!
The waiter were very sweet and put a candle on the chocolate cake dessert that we all dove into. As we left we took some photos in the path that is a tropical paradise, another reminder that we were far from New York!

• Visited November 2012